Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: My FJ's: Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Well if you havent found Ih8mud.com yet that is the place to be for Cruiser info.
Keep you busy for a while.

I am with you on Toy engines. That is why it is all I have. My trail truck has 220,000 miles and runs like a top.

When I got the 40. It was all rusted under the engine compartment hadn't run in 10 years. I got new plugs wires and stuff, rebuilt the carb for 15 bucks. and it runs like a champ too. Who knows how many miles are on it. probably 2-300,000.
Couldnt believe it.

and yes swampers and pavemet dont mix. but MTR's are for my tow rig, you wont find them on my trail trucks. dont cut it in the muck. Rocks maybe.

My 39 swamper iroks only weigh 10 pounds more than my 36 swampers did.
Weight is more traction down low and that is what they make 300M for.
Go for the beef.
JamisonWorkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Digler, you have got to look at the MAN-A-FRE.COM website. The 4plus suspension equipped FJ80 is just awesome to behold. They just don't tell you how much lift is on it. Just that the bracket kit makes it possible to lift it higher.
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Didn't you just say saturday that you were going to get a FJ80? You work fast! Hey as long as your in the mood for buying get me an FJ40 too.

Hurry up and build one of them tinker toys so you can come play in the rocks with a real off road vehicle....
TJeeperMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Cum'on Digler dont get GOOD FOR A YEAR :-P
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamisonWorkshop
37 and 39 comp compound red label Krawlers now that is a different story. They are the best tire out to date. But from my experience 35 blue label just dont compare. You cannot expect the same results from them. Apples and oranges.

Dude have you wheeled blue dot krawlers outside of heavy mud before??? Or DD'ed on them? BigTex here on the board DD'ed his TJ on them, still runs them, has bout 65% tread left and bought the tires 2 almost 3 years ago. They work period. Yes they are no red dot, but damn, they sure as h3ll work plenty good for any need. And given just how proud Goodgear is of the Mturds, may as well buy a real tires, and get 35" Krawlers!

But staying on topic, Dirk get to fabbin fool, and let's wheel! That is after I get everything lined up for that scout I found. You gonna roadtrip it back with me from Cali sucka?!
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchman
Digler, you have got to look at the MAN-A-FRE.COM website. The 4plus suspension equipped FJ80 is just awesome to behold. They just don't tell you how much lift is on it. Just that the bracket kit makes it possible to lift it higher.
That site has been my home page for a few weeks now.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeeperMan
Didn't you just say saturday that you were going to get a FJ80? You work fast! Hey as long as your in the mood for buying get me an FJ40 too.

Hurry up and build one of them tinker toys so you can come play in the rocks with a real off road vehicle....
Told ya!

Hows the belt???
Old 08-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Yes I have run blue labels in comp setting. I dont do mud.
All I am saying is for offroad I would rather have a swamper. If you are driving on road go for em. They will serve you well.
JamisonWorkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeDigler
Told ya!

Hows the belt???
had the tow truck drop it off in my garage and had it tore apart and back together that night Had to cancel the holdem game but at least I didn't lose any money. I also put that yellow top in my jeep looks so good in there, All nice and clean.
TJeeperMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeeperMan
had the tow truck drop it off in my garage and had it tore apart and back together that night Had to cancel the holdem game but at least I didn't lose any money. I also put that yellow top in my jeep looks so good in there, All nice and clean.
coooool!