Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: which 1:1 truck should i get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
That's why you build a flat bed as soon as you get them.
In CA, any truck, even a little one like a Yota, that has a modified bed, ie. flatbed, has to stop at the truck scales and is subject to a full inspection. A flatbed should be your last option.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I have driven my truck all over california down to san diego and up through tahoe and hever been stopped passing an inspection point. That might be the law but when they see it isnt a work flatbed they never say anything
donkeykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

well i went and checked out the yota today. the body was perfect, the paint was just primer i think im still a noob when it comes to 1:1 scale. but it was eaither dark gray primer or thats just the color of it. it had no visable rust. the body lift was welded on and looked homemade. like they took some square tubing and cut pieces out and used them as spacers. i would guess around 3" of lift. i dont know i dont think i would trust it . the motor ran good its got 75000 miles on it not 7500. no smoke or anything. the battery was supposidly dead so we had to bump start it.
thats when the price started to seem too high. the clutch feels worn out , my dad says it sounded like the bearing or somthing in the tranny were getting tired, its a 4 speed btw. lots of play in the shifter .
as for interior, um yeah..... door panels were all crappy looking the dash might as well be non existant, you have to start it with a screwdriver, even though it has the keys, he said someone tryed to steal it. and somthing with the key doesnt work. nice new bucket seats out of some other car.
and the rest of the problems : cracked windshield,lights dont work, and i think thats all. for 3000 dollars? seems a little high to me. then again it didnt have rust.
what do you guys think? should i offer him less, or not even bother and just find a better one.
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

uh....yah thats WAY high IMO.

friend of mine bought a 84-85 yota not to long ago, has a small lift, 32's or 33's, decent paint and body, decent interior (from what i saw standing there talkign to him)......got it for $800............
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

If your not sure about it, pass it up. It's your money....

I picked up my 1990 Toyota for $1800....and it's full loaded, minus AC that is. I'v only had to dump about $450(not including tires) into it when I replaced the T-belt and other 60K related items, plus some extra parts. I've had it for about 2.5 years now.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

yeah , im gonna offer 1000. if they dont go for it all well, then ill just find one somwhere else. its just there really rare up here. so i saw this one and jumped on it. I have a slight problem with impulse buying,lol. if it wasnt for my dad i would have it in my driveway right now.
there is a 83 sr-5 with some surface rust. not running but it could easily, comes with a brand new weber carb. no paper or anything though.
600 bucks right down the road from me. i offered 500 for it and they never called back and they moved but left the truck there. casue her friend lives there. that was like 4 months ago though ,im gonna try to get that one if they dont go for the 1000 for the other one.
thanksguys for the advise

Last edited by yoda316; 01-08-2006 at 10:57 PM.
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote