Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: my first car cj 2a big plans for it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

But if you have an advise tords the direction I am going I am all for but I am tired of hearing that I shoudl elt it be and I WONT
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #22
RCC Addict

cant wait to see it done ill give you ohhh say 15months
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy
But if you have an advise tords the direction I am going I am all for but I am tired of hearing that I shoudl elt it be and I WONT
go for it, but be sure to take your time with the cuts is all i gotta say. im not sure how tall you are, but im pretty sure you will be wanting to move the seat farther back which by just doing that, you'll be cutting the body up a little bit. the body on my flattie is ALL fiberglass, so when people tell me to not cut up an old jeep, i tell em that its not even the original tub and that they should leave me alone. the only decision that matters is done by the person who's name is on the title
OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Thanks yea I am not doing all of the work but what ever I can I dont think i will take 15 months more liike 6 but yea I was gonna move the seats back about 4 inches
Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #25
TEAM RCC

Looks sick! I say chop it and bash it!
You should also give it the olive drab paint job!
CRF450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:12 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Hey there, as a temporary solution to your suspension troubles, get some old engine oil, a paintbrush, and dab loads of it in between the leaves on your springs, worked a treat on my Landy.
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #27
RCC Addict

my usual response..........

CHOP IT!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
RCCRAWLER TEAM DRIVER

Jeeps are for girls, glad to see a Willys. I want poison spider type front fenders on my 52 willys but that project is still way back in the line, after the 95 Tahoe ,84 Camero , 82 Camero and 57 Chevy Apachie flat bed. Should be done next centery
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don't listen to em get the sawzall out and go to town.

Congrats on the find!
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #30
Powered by Awesome

great googly moogly

15 leaves per pack!!!! i dont think i have 15 leaves on my entire turck! that axle will break before you get any flex... Id say take about at least 10 leaves out per pack...

the RTI score must be something like a 4 maybe 5
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

so it has a 3A windshield?
Is the frame boxed?
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

what year is the taco your selling and is it 4wd? price?
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

gotta love todays youth, they hack it now and then a few years down the road they realize they had a gem....

been there done that.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Omi god that's a f'n Jeep! Jeeps suck ***! Toyotas are way better...can I drive it?
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
so it has a 3A windshield?
Is the frame boxed?
No the frame is not boxed but we will be puttign a few cross members and it is a 3b winshield I was dis apointed but Some times you win sumtimes you lose
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #36
Hell's Gnome

Quote:
This car is purpose bought to be built into a rig I dont want a yj like every other A hole in the world there are a few out ther eI have seen that I liek but 99% are bull crap I wan t a willys that has been cut up I like the looks if some one wants to buy it is is $100,000 cashin hand or you cna you can just sit bakc and watch a rig being built. It may not be be a buggy capeabel but I have to dirve it every day so F off and let me do wut I want
I was gonna be all nasty when I posted cause I'm a YJ owning A-hole but if you want to waste time and money and time, you go right ahead, more power to you. Get a new blade for the sawsall or fill up the oxy and acy tanks, or clean off the plasma cutter.
Youth and exuberance always fails against old age and treachery.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

It's your Jeep, do what you want, you bought it.
I myself have a '47,
4.25" lift
Buick 231 V6
6 point cage tied into frame
^ to give a small idea
I started with a stock runner about 8 years ago and had grand plans like you but now I find myself pricing some nos springs, rims and tires, why? becouse I actually enjoyed wheeling it in stock form, good challenge, and the look on the faces of the "built rigs" owners when a little old Willys came trundling up the trail and drove around them was priceless (oh god, now I'm gonna hear it "my truck has such and such and your puny Jeep is useless, or blah, blah, blah WHATEVER).
What I'd like to see you do is to run it for a few years like it is, the only thing I'd change would be those springs.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Im not sure if i was clear in my first post. I meant that you should get a yj frame and another flatty tub, and go from there. You WILL be either swapping a new frame in or building your own. The stock flatty frames are complete junk for what you are wanting to do. I have built and wheeled several trucks and i know from experience and LOTS of wasted $$$ that its always cheaper to do it right once than wrong several times. I have owned my current early bronco for 10 years and i have rebuilt it myself several times, and its down yet again for the 1 ton axles. My buddy built a flatty out of a $50 tub that had no floor. He runs a shortened scout frame and all toyota driveline, and a rear 4 link. It works killer and was cheap, and he didnt cut up something of any value. He created something valueable out of junk. I dont think anyone is trying to bash your project, it just there is alot better ways to get what you want without completely destroying something that cant be replaced. I guarantee you will regret cutting it up years later. It comes with age. Another plus is that you can be wheeling the near stock flatty, and building a serious rig for tougher trails at the same time. Time in the seat of a less capable rig makes for a better driver, and that person tends to get alot more respect from seasoned wheelers than some newb in a built truck who cant drive for ****. I have seen it personally many times.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD
gotta love todays youth, they hack it now and then a few years down the road they realize they had a gem....

been there done that.
Don't you have a job making perfectly good trucks useless?
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #40
Moderator Rule Breaker

If your smart, you use some the money you get from the taco and buy a tow rig and trailer. That way you have still have a way of getting home if you break, and it wont beat you to death. Won't get sick of driving it because of gas prices, tire wear, ect..ect.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote