Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: my first car cj 2a big plans for it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
Don't you have a job making perfectly good trucks useless?
Theres a few that have been nothing but pavement/ trailer queens yes. Throwing on a lift doesnt necessarily mean its useless....alot of these guys we build trucks for use them to trailer the real trucks to the rubicon etc etc etc.......gotta ride in comfort to the crawl spot right?
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

You seem pretty determined to do everything the hard way! If you cut your Willys up lie you say you are going to, what is going to be left to make it a Willys? The point of starting with a classic is to have something left that resembles a classic. I think if you start with a YJ frame and frame only!, that your build will proceed farther, faster, safer and cheaper than if you mangle and needlessly reinforce and inherently weak frame. The YJ enjoys alot of popularity because it's versitile. You can run coils, leaves, or even 1/4 eliptical. Also you can run just about any engine/trans/x-case combo you want with adapters available all over the internet. From the sound of your posts (most of them angry retorts at those trying to advise you) you are pretty much building a beast with part of a Willys tub stuck to it, so why not make it easier on yourself. You will not comprimise the build by using newer model parts, that's basically what you're doing anyways. Trust me, you'll be a lot happier trying to make a newer model frame work than the old stamped rails.
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I think you should name it "What's punctuation?".
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote