Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: my first car cj 2a big plans for it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default my first car cj 2a big plans for it

Hey guys well I am 15 and I have wanted a CJ 2a for a while now and my wish came true when I found one. I plan on putting a 9 inch in the rear, Dana 60 up front, 37 s, yj leafs, fuel injection, cage bumpers yata yata. Rte now I am need to get the radiator boiled and I need to fill and bleed the breaks. I drove it up my dirt road and around a little and it is fun but really bouncy it is all the leafs. Alos very very little break action. It has a buick v6 in it which starts good and runs good. The work will start once we sell our Toyota Tacoma it was supposed to be mine but I cant stand driving it so I got this and the extra money will go into the willys if your interested in the Tacoma PM me. Let me know wut you think
Attached Images

Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

Good find! Can't wait to wheel w/ ya!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

where are the crazy leafs 15 in the rear on each side dammmm
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

Nice lift!!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Leeping-Loto-Leafs Batman! Take it off any sweet jumps? Leave it as is and have fun.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

excellent project vehicle
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Holy! i cant believe you found one that runs...ive been looking since last summer and havent even found ONE...thats gonna be one cool jeep...Keep us posted!
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

doesnt look too bad man. i am also working on a 3A right now. im putting wagoneer dana 44s under it, YJ rubicon express 4.5" extreme springs that will keep me sprung under and still clear the tires i wanna run, and im fixing some other misc. things that were done by the previous owner, it was built in the seventies/eighties so i can cut him a little slack. you going to be stretching the wheelbase at all? ive found out on mine that when you mount the YJ springs in the stock location that alone stretches the wheelbase about 3.5" per axle.
OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I agree, leave it alone and start with a YJ if you want to modify something. CJ2A's are not extremly rare, but they are alot more valuable in stock form than with alot of mods. Take the extra money you get from your Taco and buy a YJ, there are many more kits to upgrade your axles and motor. I've got a CJ2A, 1948 with a steel half-cab, original iron 4 cyl. three speed tranny, two speed x-case and original Dana axles. It'll go just about anywhere my '04 with 6 inch lift and 35s will... Don't ruin a classic, restore it.
All Out Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

it would be scary if I ditn strech tiyes I am gonna comp cut the rear fenders and do tube front fenders and rockers
Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I have messed with the old willys jeeps before and i will add my 2 cents. Leave it as close to stock as possible! The wheel very well with some minor mods. If you want to build a flatty into a serious offroad rig, start with something in alot worse shape and incomplete. The only part you can even use for serious wheeling is the tub, and you will be hacking the **** out of it anyways. Start with a yj frame and flatty tub and go from there. Basically what im trying to say, is that you have a survivor there, keep it that way! Chop up some old parts jeep that no one wants. I have wanted a near stock flatty forever, but they dont exist up here, and stock restored ones go for $15-20k. Congrats on owning something that alot of others can only hope of ever finding. Please dont hack it up!
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Out Racing
I agree, leave it alone and start with a YJ if you want to modify something. CJ2A's are not extremly rare, but they are alot more valuable in stock form than with alot of mods. Take the extra money you get from your Taco and buy a YJ, there are many more kits to upgrade your axles and motor. I've got a CJ2A, 1948 with a steel half-cab, original iron 4 cyl. three speed tranny, two speed x-case and original Dana axles. It'll go just about anywhere my '04 with 6 inch lift and 35s will... Don't ruin a classic, restore it.

I wanna hang with my bro who has a taco truggy with coil overs up front and where I live I have 40 acres of hard core wheeling we have had stuff that moon buggies haven't got up so stock wont do it and I am fine cutting up a classic it makes it that much more special if I wanted a yj/tj I would get one of them fromm the 100s that are in the news papers and be like ever one else
Old 08-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

OH and it is 47 it is old and nice and I am gonna cut it up cause ti is wut I want and I am not like every one that owned a wrangelr/tj/yj with a 3 inch lift and 35s so you guys wont change my mind oh and did I mention that I am gonna cut the hell outta the rear fenders, oh and there i will no fornt fenders when I finish
Old 08-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #14
Debunking old stereotypes

Hack away, and in a few years look back and kick yourself in the @ss.
Live and learn. These guys aren't just telling you to not hack an old classic up because it's an old classic. It's also because a yj makes a much better wheelin platform to begin with. But good luck with your project.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I say cut it up! Do a mild lift and run a 31-35" tire and she'd be perfect. Swap some 44's under it and she'll wheel just fine. If you do it right, it's not hacking it up, it's improving. I just hope you live somewhere with mild winters, cause a Jeep is going to suck in the winter time if it's cold. You don't need a 60 and a 9" unless you have little man syndrome and want to be able to tell people you have a 60 and a 9".

Last edited by Trike Kid; 08-06-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Well I wont be kinck my slef in 5 years I will be putting 4 link all around with coil overs and 40s it has a bucik v 6 in it rite now
Old 08-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

CHOP CHOP CHOP that is the name is the car now thanks for all of the insperation guys with out you telling me wut to do I wouldnt have thought of this name or shoudl I go with CHOP SHOP

Last edited by Skippy; 08-06-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #18
MODERHATER™

I say you put 44's on it all right! 44 inch tires! Hack away Skippy and i'll help too! The jeep gods would be proud!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

oh and guys this is my bros truck it was new 97 extended cap toyta nice and new and he choped it up rolled it and messed it up and that jsut makes it kooler http://xtreme-engineering.com/ProjectsLevi1.htm
Old 08-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

This car is purpose bought to be built into a rig I dont want a yj like every other A hole in the world there are a few out ther eI have seen that I liek but 99% are bull crap I wan t a willys that has been cut up I like the looks if some one wants to buy it is is $100,000 cashin hand or you cna you can just sit bakc and watch a rig being built. It may not be be a buggy capeabel but I have to dirve it every day so F off and let me do wut I want