Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Chino63/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2 update 5/2/14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
Oppan Gangnam Style

Default Re: It's HERE! Chin063/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2

No issues with the floor mats when i owned it! Just got to pay attention to where they are. What's better than some 80's carpet for floor mats?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #22
Sinking with the ship

Default Re: It's HERE! Chin063/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2

So its been a while since I updated this thread. Dean's old truck has treated me very very well. I have put over 12000 miles on it since buying it a little more then a year ago. I haven't done much to the truck since originally obtaining. I did replace the Maxxis tires with a fresh set and I put an amp with an iPod hook with some legit door speakers in so I would have some tunes. I didn't want to put a deck in it because I didnt want to cut up the near mint original dash.

Back in December my Subaru died...motor is in a pieces but thats another story. So the truck took primary transportation duties through the entire winter. This winter in particular was AWFUL, we got hammered with several snow and ice storms. The truck is a unstoppable force however the body was suffering from this new road salt they started using this year. The once very clean bed that only had minor surface rust was beginning to rust terribly... If the bed were to rot off this truck I would be heart broken and honestly would probably want to just sell it. I knew I needed to take the appropriate measures to preserve this rig now as it wasn't going to last another east coast winter.

I started by removing the bed and had it send to a professional sandblaster where it was stripped completely of all its rust, paint, seam sealer and factory under coating.I had also picked up a near mint used tail gate to replace the one on the truck and that was blasted as well. That gate was the only thing really rotted on the truck. I also gave them the marlin rear bumper and double/double back old school roll bar.

Once everything was blasted down, it went to my stepdads friends body shop. We talked about the color and about the battle scars and wounds (dents) that the truck had. This may sound crazy but I opted to not fix any of the dents I still plan to wheel the truck and I didn't want ANY bond in it. The main purpose of the re paint wasn't to make it a show truck but to keep it from rusting more then anything.

I decided to go with a factory toyota color, 4A7, metallic brown...or poop brown as I call it I have always had a soft spot for brown ever since I built my original Chino Clone some years back. I also had an 86 turbo sr5 4x4 in this color and I absolutely loved it.

well enough babble, hear are some spy shots I snapped today its coming out awesome and can't wait to be driving it again.

The entire chassis underside was "chassis blacked" along with all the armor and sliders

The bed was lined with the shops own formula and they did the bed box and the entire under side of the bed as well, it'll never rust now

Windshield was pulled and frame was spot blasted to get rid of some surface rust from a once leaky windshield. We also opted to "jam" the truck so it would look legit

Thats all for now, the hood, fenders, doors were in the booth waiting to be sprayed while I was there. Truck should be back early next week

Thanks for viewing
-MIke
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chin063/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2 update 5/2/14

Man I really want one of these. Looks sweet.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #24

Nice truck bro
Glamis313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

to you for spending the $$ to "preserve" this 1st. Gen 'Yota as much as possible. When I saw that you got Deans truck, one of my first thoughts was that the East coast was going to destroy this truck in a very short amount of time.

I would have thought that you would have resprayed it in tan, but I guess it's "poop brown" to match the 1:10 !
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #26
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
to you for spending the $$ to "preserve" this 1st. Gen 'Yota as much as possible. When I saw that you got Deans truck, one of my first thoughts was that the East coast was going to destroy this truck in a very short amount of time.

I would have thought that you would have resprayed it in tan, but I guess it's "poop brown" to match the 1:10 !
When I bought this truck from Dean I told him I was gonna take good care of it and I plan to keep my word on that.

I could have re done it in the original tan but a lot if the 1st gens are tan, plus I feel like the metallic brown is classy and fitting for the truck. Plus, it reminds me of the chino clone that Ryan/BigBaller now owns
Old 05-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #27
Oppan Gangnam Style

Looking good Mike!

Hurry up and get some scratches on that new paint!!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Looks great...

All you need now is a interior cage to keep yourself safe.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #29
Sinking with the ship

Talking Re: Chin063/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2 update 5/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Looks great...

All you need now is a interior cage to keep yourself safe.
Toyo, I agree 100% I am like safety Sam when wheeling on trails. My 4Runner had the 4xinnovations 6pt cage in it because I pushed that truck HARD at the parks here. This truck I am kinda sticking to the "bunny" trails...my days of going HAM and running buggy trails in a full body rig are over. Been there, done that...the appeal is over. Nice I just like to hit easy trails and enjoy the outdoors and the easier trails for what they are. My Subaru is still down and will be for quite some time due "grown up" responsibilities like paying the Mortage on my house, buying fertilizer so my grass and house looks respectable. I have grown up quite a bit in the last year or 2 and my priorities have changed. Things that used to make me mad no longer bug me, now I get mad when people speed through my neighborhood passed my house.

Plus, the truck came out really really nice...almost to nice to wheel BUT it wasn't built to pound pavement so it'll see the same use it saw last year. Nothing to warrant a full cage.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

That turned out great.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Wait till you have kids( if you haven't already) wanna talk about growing up fast. lol. Love the truck, looks great. I have been sharing that winter up here in Albany, my 2013 Ram 2500 crew/8' bed even needed some attention underneath due to a couple months of this crap. Truck is from TX, it has no idea what all this junk is, but it knows when I tell it to eat, its time to feast. Hope your sub-arse-ru () gets back up soon so the yota can save its shoes for the trails.

PS, this thread makes me want to get my 93' k1500 reg cab stepside trail ready! Glad my wife doesn't read these!
Dad,Canyoufix? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #32
Donkey Punch Champion!

Can I send you the clone back for a repaint too?

Looks like a shiny turd...love the color really.

It makes me happy to read about you and your grown up stuff. I've kinda watched you grow. Oh Mike, life is good. . Go Rangers!!
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Toyo, I agree 100% I am like safety Sam when wheeling on trails. My 4Runner had the 4xinnovations 6pt cage in it because I pushed that truck HARD at the parks here. This truck I am kinda sticking to the "bunny" trails...my days of going HAM and running buggy trails in a full body rig are over. Been there, done that...the appeal is over. Nice I just like to hit easy trails and enjoy the outdoors and the easier trails for what they are. My Subaru is still down and will be for quite some time due "grown up" responsibilities like paying the Mortage on my house, buying fertilizer so my grass and house looks respectable. I have grown up quite a bit in the last year or 2 and my priorities have changed. Things that used to make me mad no longer bug me, now I get mad when people speed through my neighborhood passed my house.

Plus, the truck came out really really nice...almost to nice to wheel BUT it wasn't built to pound pavement so it'll see the same use it saw last year. Nothing to warrant a full cage.

I fully understand, I did stupid wheeling stuff years ago... I won't even drive my Toyota when its raining, it's pretty sad really. I just don't want my wife glaring at me for washing, waxing and vacuuming it again. I hate watery road spray and getting the carpet wet/dirty.

BUT... even daily street pounding is a risk like wheeling. The 1st Gens crumple when rolled, they tend to go flat. I feel so much safer driving down the road with full cage.... my DD is loaded with air bags and other fancy safety devices, my 2nd Gen is like your 1st Gen, a big 'ol rolling tin box.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #34
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad,Canyoufix? View Post
Wait till you have kids( if you haven't already) wanna talk about growing up fast. lol. Love the truck, looks great. I have been sharing that winter up here in Albany, my 2013 Ram 2500 crew/8' bed even needed some attention underneath due to a couple months of this crap. Truck is from TX, it has no idea what all this junk is, but it knows when I tell it to eat, its time to feast. Hope your sub-arse-ru () gets back up soon so the yota can save its shoes for the trails.

PS, this thread makes me want to get my 93' k1500 reg cab stepside trail ready! Glad my wife doesn't read these!
No kids yet...the house and the dog I rescued is enough for me at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Can I send you the clone back for a repaint too?

Looks like a shiny turd...love the color really.

It makes me happy to read about you and your grown up stuff. I've kinda watched you grow. Oh Mike, life is good. . Go Rangers!!
If you send the clone back you won't get it back, you'll just receive a hefty Paypal payment

And the Rangers SUCK I'm not even watching the last game...playing like a bunch of n00bs (not like you rich, different n00bs )

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I fully understand, I did stupid wheeling stuff years ago... I won't even drive my Toyota when its raining, it's pretty sad really. I just don't want my wife glaring at me for washing, waxing and vacuuming it again. I hate watery road spray and getting the carpet wet/dirty.

BUT... even daily street pounding is a risk like wheeling. The 1st Gens crumple when rolled, they tend to go flat. I feel so much safer driving down the road with full cage.... my DD is loaded with air bags and other fancy safety devices, my 2nd Gen is like your 1st Gen, a big 'ol rolling tin box.

No arguing that, you are 100% correct. I don't know if you recall my mothers accident from a few years back. Her 05 Tacoma didn't fair to well...all these toyotas are made of tin and now plastic. While accidents do happen I just don't have the funds or the means for a cage at the moment so hopefully she stays rubber side down

Old 05-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #35
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
...got him out a certified check and booked a transporter. It was a long trip from CA to long Island NY here, 3000.2 miles to be exact...

My 81' has to make roughly the opposite trip...Vermont to Colorado. I need to get the cash together for a transporter. I miss that truck
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #36
Oppan Gangnam Style

That came out great Mike! I have a story for just about every dent on that sheet metal under the new paint. All except the right lower cab corner and front of bed, that was there before I got it. Thanks for preserving the OG, a lot of good memories for me in that thing.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Both rides are great, I miss my Subie a lot! What happened to yours? Hilux looks awesome, nice!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #38
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
That came out great Mike! I have a story for just about every dent on that sheet metal under the new paint. All except the right lower cab corner and front of bed, that was there before I got it. Thanks for preserving the OG, a lot of good memories for me in that thing.
I unfortunately added to the driverside bed dents...well actually not me, but my stepdad accidentally backed into with the camper and the spare tire hit it and actually banged it up pretty good ... Hopefully that's the last of the dings to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Both rides are great, I miss my Subie a lot! What happened to yours? Hilux looks awesome, nice!
Ty, if ya got some time read my thread here on nasioc, pretty much explains the unexplainable as to what happen with the motor in my car

E85 Users, check in, pro long use? your set up? - NASIOC
Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Dang, that's somewhat of a mystery there! I didn't get all the way through it, but I wouldn't think running E85 for extended time periods would do that...There's a few guys here that have been running it for a couple years now.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #40
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Dang, that's somewhat of a mystery there! I didn't get all the way through it, but I wouldn't think running E85 for extended time periods would do that...There's a few guys here that have been running it for a couple years now.
Yeah, I honestly don't know what to think at this point...the only thing we found wrong was the ring gap...At this point it really is a mystery

Chino63/1BJB 1:1 Bruiser/TF2 update 5/2/14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 speed tf2 update Teasley4Crawlers RC4WD Trail Finder 2 40 11-12-2018 12:48 PM
little update of my TF2 JakeTF2 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 02-12-2014 10:25 AM
Grims TF2 Update Grumpster1980 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 10-24-2012 01:30 PM
TF2 vs Tamiya Bruiser vs RC4wd Bruiser blazerk5 General Crawlers 1 07-13-2012 11:49 PM