Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: KrawlOff-Road.com 1:1 JKU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default KrawlOff-Road.com 1:1 JKU

Well I guess since we are a 1:1 shop as well as a full hobby shop, we should post up our JKU. Not sure if we have many here that are interested. If so, let us know and we will post up some more info and pictures! Thought it MIGHT be somewhat interesting since a lot of guys drive JK's and there, of course, is the SCX10 4Dr Wrangler from Axial! LOL...

Here it is the day we brought it home. In the background, you can see our 1:1 07 2Dr JK. It is just a baby with a 2.5" and 35's...

Our 4Dr is a 2013. We keep it stock for a while... okay for about 1800 miles. Then, it was time for the build!

Here is the starting point. This is to give us a idea of the route we were going to take.

Then I guess a parts list right?

Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm (3Link front and rear) (now with Coilovers)
Rock Krawler RRD Shocks with Remote Res
Rock Krawler Aluminum Tie Rod
17" SypderLock Beadlocks (Custom Painted)
40x1350x17 Goodyear MTRK's
PR44 Front
Yukon Gearing
Synergy Ball Joints
Reid Racing High Steer Knuckles
RCV's
Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Shafts
ARB's Front and Rear
ARB OBA system
KrawlOff-Road.com Custom Drive Shafts
SPOD Switching System
ACE Engineering Front, Rear Bumpers (now JCROffroad)
ACE Engineering Rock Sliders (now JCROffroad)
ACE Engineering JK Tube Fenders
JCROffroad Skids
WARN 10,000 Lbs Zeon Winch
Bestop TrekTop NX
SPIDERWEBSHADE Red Sunshade
KOR LED 50" Light Bar
KOR HID Projector Headlights
ORO LiteSPOT Rock Lights
ORO JK Rear Taillight Kit
Custom Vinyl Wrap
Treadlightly Floor Mats
Custom Magnaflow Offroad Exhaust
JCR RotoPax Mount with Gas and Storage Setup
JCR Hi-Lift Mount
ORO Tag and 3rd Brake Light Relocation

LOL and I am sure there is more! It is tough to remember what all we have put into it!

So, fast forward through a lot of cutting, welding, and shop time and you come up with this...

So, there she is. Our little toy. It is quite fun. The 3 Link has flex for days! Let us know what you think or if you would like to see more pictures!

Thanks for looking...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: KrawlOff-Road.com 1:1 JKU

Sweet Ride Jason !! I recently picked up a 2011 JKU. It already had a 3.5" AEV lift and I'm running 35" BFG's, and I'm actually very happy with the overall setup (Its a Daily Driver, so I don't want it too crazy). I'd love to see more pics of this Awesome rig..!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

More pictures!
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Sweet Ride Jason !! I recently picked up a 2011 JKU. It already had a 3.5" AEV lift and I'm running 35" BFG's, and I'm actually very happy with the overall setup (Its a Daily Driver, so I don't want it too crazy). I'd love to see more pics of this Awesome rig..!
Thank you! It is my DD as well! LOL. If you ever need anything for your JKU, please let us know! We are a AEV dealer along with just about everything else you can think of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocat View Post
More pictures!
Okay can do! Wheeling season is coming up and I am sure we will have more. I need to at least get some updated ones. Thanks for the kind words guys...

-Jason
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Of course! I can run 80-85mph on the highway. We are not a HUGE company and we do a lot of shows and events. So, when we do our shows, we have to drive it as we don't have a huge truck and trailer setup. Last year, we had it as far south as Daytona for Jeep Beach and as far north as Louisville KY for Unlimited Off Road Expo. The wear and tear on the jeep is the hard part. We have had them on for about 18K and have gone through 2 TRE's in that time. It is just harder on everything versus 35's or 37's but that is due to the foot print and the weight. With our Spyderlocks, each wheel and tire combo weighs in about 160ish lbs! Make for a fun tire rotation!

-Jason
Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Great looking JK, more pics please.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

. I'm NOT hating, OK. After seeing what these things go fer on the stealership lot, I just can't fathom buying one, then basically completely stripping it down then putting it back together in the way that you do. SOOO much $$$ to get to the point to where you're at.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Of course! I can run 80-85mph on the highway. We are not a HUGE company and we do a lot of shows and events. So, when we do our shows, we have to drive it as we don't have a huge truck and trailer setup. Last year, we had it as far south as Daytona for Jeep Beach and as far north as Louisville KY for Unlimited Off Road Expo. The wear and tear on the jeep is the hard part. We have had them on for about 18K and have gone through 2 TRE's in that time. It is just harder on everything versus 35's or 37's but that is due to the foot print and the weight. With our Spyderlocks, each wheel and tire combo weighs in about 160ish lbs! Make for a fun tire rotation!

-Jason
Yeah, this is why I went with 15" wheels on my WRX for my snow tires. My 15" wheels and tires are about 34 lbs a pop. The 16" wheels and tires are about 44 lbs a pop. Plus, I run smaller rotors under the 15" wheels, which cuts out another couple of lbs of weight... I get 32-35 mpg on the winter setup, and about 28 MPG on the summer gear. 195 65R15 vs 225 50R16. Huge difference...

And yeah, I worked in a tire shop, so I have plenty of experience with 'uber fun' tire rotations. I also had to move the inventory a few times, and I had to help with an audit. Nothing beats moving 150 sets of wheels down a flight of narrow, rickety stairs, count them, re-stack them, sort them, then carry them all back up the same stairs. We had everything from 14" steelies to a few sets of 19" performance wheels, mostly Lexus stuff. Tire shop was attached to a Subaru dealer, but the Lexus, BMW, and Benz dealers sent cars to us for tires and wheels, so we had some pretty awesome stock.

Last edited by Sarra; 04-10-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Sarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:48 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
Great looking JK, more pics please.
Can do! We were able to get out and play a little this weekend. I will post up some pictures. We have posted some on our facebook pages though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
. I'm NOT hating, OK. After seeing what these things go fer on the stealership lot, I just can't fathom buying one, then basically completely stripping it down then putting it back together in the way that you do. SOOO much $$$ to get to the point to where you're at.
Yeah, I would hate to think what we have in it! LOL. It did hit a milestone this weekend while we were away at a event. We hit 20K miles on it! She is starting to get old... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarra View Post
Yeah, this is why I went with 15" wheels on my WRX for my snow tires. My 15" wheels and tires are about 34 lbs a pop. The 16" wheels and tires are about 44 lbs a pop. Plus, I run smaller rotors under the 15" wheels, which cuts out another couple of lbs of weight... I get 32-35 mpg on the winter setup, and about 28 MPG on the summer gear. 195 65R15 vs 225 50R16. Huge difference...

And yeah, I worked in a tire shop, so I have plenty of experience with 'uber fun' tire rotations. I also had to move the inventory a few times, and I had to help with an audit. Nothing beats moving 150 sets of wheels down a flight of narrow, rickety stairs, count them, re-stack them, sort them, then carry them all back up the same stairs. We had everything from 14" steelies to a few sets of 19" performance wheels, mostly Lexus stuff. Tire shop was attached to a Subaru dealer, but the Lexus, BMW, and Benz dealers sent cars to us for tires and wheels, so we had some pretty awesome stock.
Yeah, not fun! With the JK's we usually go the opposite direction. We try to do 17"'s. It allows us to upgrade things in the wheel wells.

-Jason
Old 04-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I think the saying is "pay to play"
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
. I just can't fathom buying one, then basically completely stripping it down then putting it back together in the way that you do. SOOO much $$$ to get to the point to where you're at.
No different than telling people you spent $2000 dollars on a RC truck.....this is the same thing, only on a whole other level. Being this is an 07 sport, with all the mods done puts it in the price range of a full size SUV or diesel pickup, lots of money but not crazy money.

You can't put a price on fun.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah, not fun! With the JK's we usually go the opposite direction. We try to do 17"'s. It allows us to upgrade things in the wheel wells.

-Jason
I may be forced to upgrade to 17's soon. My transmission is dieing. Instead of fixing it, I'm going to swap it. Which means new hubs. And the hubs aren't compatible with my current brakes. So those will get upgraded as well, and the 11.6" vented Brembo 4 pots won't fit under 16" wheels.

Bah. I'm probably gonna park the poor thing and get a DD for a while, until I have the money to properly fix this car. >_> Needs all new running gear, engine, transmission, even the axles are shot.
Sarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
No different than telling people you spent $2000 dollars on a RC truck.....this is the same thing, only on a whole other level. Being this is an 07 sport, with all the mods done puts it in the price range of a full size SUV or diesel pickup, lots of money but not crazy money.

You can't put a price on fun.
Our 4Dr in the pictures is a 2013. It is getting old though. It just rolled over 20K! LOL the other JK in the first picture is our 07 2Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarra View Post
I may be forced to upgrade to 17's soon. My transmission is dieing. Instead of fixing it, I'm going to swap it. Which means new hubs. And the hubs aren't compatible with my current brakes. So those will get upgraded as well, and the 11.6" vented Brembo 4 pots won't fit under 16" wheels.

Bah. I'm probably gonna park the poor thing and get a DD for a while, until I have the money to properly fix this car. >_> Needs all new running gear, engine, transmission, even the axles are shot.
Let us know if we can help!

And we did a little wheeling this weekend. Nothing major...

-Jason
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

When is the 6.4L Hemi going in?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #15
RCC Addict

LOL not sure. We actually set it up to add a RIPP Supercharger to the stock 3.6L. We just have not got around to that. If anything ever happens to the motor we will do that or a B4T.

-Jason
Old 05-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
LOL not sure. We actually set it up to add a RIPP Supercharger to the stock 3.6L. We just have not got around to that. If anything ever happens to the motor we will do that or a B4T.

-Jason

Just pulled out a 3.8 with a Ripp system on it, and did a 6.4L Hemi conversion for a customer a few weeks ago. It runs real good now....
Old 05-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #17
RCC Addict

LOL yeah we have done a few HEMI conversion. They are nice... and expensive!

-Jason

KrawlOff-Road.com 1:1 JKU - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KrawlOff-Road.com is now on Facebook! KrawlOff-Road.com Chit Chat 10 04-16-2011 05:30 PM
KrawlOff-Road.com has FREE Shipping!! dinodbro General Crawlers 1 12-15-2010 08:51 AM