Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: does any body know how to change the fuel filter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default does any body know how to change the fuel filter

Got a 1995 GMC diesel with the 4.65 liter twin turbo, and need to change the fuel filter, it is the type that goes into the top of the intake manifold,

so the question is if I fill the filter area with diesel and then put the filter in, do I have to bleed it, cause the book says to pull the fuel injection pump solenoid wire, so it doesn't start correct ??? and crank the crap out of it, to fill up filter and come up to pressure

but by filling the filter first with diesel , do I have to pull the wire off ???? and don't I avoid having to crank it over to fill the filter, and it should come up to pressure with no air in the system or does it still need bled, cause you are supposed to remove the gas cap before, so there is no pressure, so I guess you open the system by changing filter and it needs bled.

Last edited by kgb424; 12-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: does any body know how to change the fuel filter

I figured it out, I removed the gas cap, it let off the pressure in the fuel line out, then removed the old filter, wiped out the crap, dirt, debris, then filled the filter cavity with fresh diesel, and dropped in the new filter, it pushes out the excess, then tightened the filter and give a quarter turn more, then tighten the bleed screw, put gas cap back on, it fired right up and idled, you just got to be smarter then what your what you working on, I knew if thought about it, I'd figure it out. I didn't have to remove any wiring, no bleeding, took less then five minutes done, and runs great. and I saved my self some money by not going to a repair shop.

Last edited by kgb424; 12-16-2013 at 04:11 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote

does any body know how to change the fuel filter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel Cell/Fuel Tank FLB Scale Accessories 25 02-10-2010 08:33 AM
Clogged fuel filter?? nvineyard Electronics 8 01-03-2010 10:26 AM
leader in the filter! ? smokinubyrc Comments, Suggestions, and Help 30 10-02-2007 05:34 PM