Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Help! Transmission issue in my 05 wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Help! Transmission issue in my 05 wrangler

Alright guys I need a little help narrowing down my issue, I'm normally pretty good at figuring this out but I'm stuck. Last week I was driving my jeep home from work and everything was fine but then it decided to down shift randomly from 4th to 2nd and would not up shift. I pulled over and stopped parked it then put it back in drive and pulled out. Seemed kinda dogish, then I noticed it was stuck in 2nd still. After shutting it off it goes back to normal , but now it keeps doing it. Fluids are good, it doesn't shift hard or down shift hard. But I'll just be driving and it will randomly down shift to 2nd and stay that way till I shut it off again. Checking codes on the dash comes up as 700 transmission computer. Does that mean the computer is dead or could something else be triggering it. Sorry for the long story but I'm just trying to figure it out before I have someone fix it and try to tack on more to a bill. Thanks any help would be great!
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #2

Default Re: Help! Transmission issue in my 05 wrangler

it could possible be a shift solenoid. I will do some more digging myself.

same issue required a transmission solenoid pack.. identifix has the exact same issue and the pack fixed it.

1. The 2-4 solenoid should ohm out at between 1.5-2 ohms. Check the resistance between 19 and pin 6 of the C4 (green) connector at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

2. Swap the 2-4 and the UD solenoid control wire at the solenoid assembly and at the PCM connector. Clear codes. Turn on the ignition and see if the same P0755 code returns. If it does, then the problem is most likely with the PCM. If a UD solenoid code is now set, the wiring between the PCM and solenoid assembly is at fault, or the solenoid assembly itself is bad.

I hope this helps. I'm a service manager @ a Goodyear and a prior Jeep dealer parts Manager.

Confirmed Fix
1 - Transmission Solenoid Pack

Last edited by Dietz; 01-22-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Dietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Help! Transmission issue in my 05 wrangler

I read that as well, been digging all week.
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Help! Transmission issue in my 05 wrangler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline 2 door Wrangler body on SCX10 Wrangler IonicRipper Axial SCX-10 13 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Transmission issue yeezus Vaterra Twin Hammers 4 11-21-2013 03:07 PM
Carbon Fiber Transmission Covers for VP XR10 Transmission Housing. Tomy Axles, Trannys, T-case 4 01-20-2013 07:48 AM
R3 transmission issue creator_hun RC4WD Trail Finder 2 0 07-24-2012 12:36 AM