Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Parts interchange lists?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Parts interchange lists?

Does anybody know where to find an online source for 1/1 vehicle parts interchange lists?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 AM   #2

Default Re: Parts interchange lists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Does anybody know where to find an online source for 1/1 vehicle parts interchange lists?
Depends on what you are referring to.

There are several books publicized that are specifically called "Interchange Manuals"
"Hollander" used to be a big supplier of the broader ranging manuals, but not sure of they still produce them or if another company has picked up where they left off.
"Motorbooks" is another more recent publisher that I am aware makes more specific interchange manuals.

There isn't one book for every part to possibly fit every car, but you can get close enough to (for example) get an interchange manual that would cover all "A Body" Chevrolet cars to show what crosses between all A bodies through the years and what A body parts reach out to other non-A body Chevrolets. Which would include chassis parts, mechanicals, engine, suspensions etc...

Could you be a little more specific with your question?

Last edited by THX_138; 03-17-2014 at 02:29 AM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:13 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Parts interchange lists?

Just trying to find what suspension and brake parts are compatable with the '07-'14 Dodge Avenger, .'07-'10 Sebring, and '11-'14 200 sedans. I've heard the brakes from a Caliber SRT-4 (which apparently are partially Charger R/T or Cop Charger calipers?!) fit, and it has some relation to the Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass and Patriot, Mistubishi Outlander and Lancer, possibly even Hyundai Elantra and it's Kia twin. Right now for the '11-'14 Avenger and 200, only hop ups available are H&R springs, Monroe Sensatrac struts, a few firewall/cat back exhausts, high flow filters (both drop in and CAI), better than stock but stock size rotors and pads, and Diablosport has just released a Tuner with canned tunes for the Pentastar V-6 cars like my 200 that will wake them up on all 4 grades of gasoline and even works well with E85 on just the 93 tune let alone E85 specific custom tunes. For known factory parts, the Avenger R/T springs, sway bars, and struts are stiffer than the rest, there is a underfloor unibody brace for the 200 (and probably Sebring) converts that should fit the sedans, then the '07-'10 2.7l and 3.5l V-6 cars got slightly larger rotors that the much more powerful 3.6l cars didn't get for some weird reason. I'm pretty sure some of the aftermarket rims for the '05-'14 Non Shelby Mustangs from 17"-20" will fit, I'd stick with 18" unless those CSRT4/Charger brakes would require 19's. Right now, the only measurement I can't find is for the center hole in the rim to see if that also is about the same measurement too. So far, only things I've "done" to my 200 is the drop in K&N, Weathertech floormats, and regularly run E85 as we've got some really good spreads going here and the Pentastars just love the stuff!

If it were XJ, Turbo K-Car, or R/C related, I'd be good, but I just don't know where to start looking otherwise on these cars.......probably because there weren't a billion built like there were XJ's and K-Cars over their 13-22 year reigns
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Parts interchange lists? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What parts interchange between Ax10/scx10 axles and wraith Full Penetration Fab. Axial Wraith 9 01-02-2017 06:47 PM
Parts interchange, HPI and Axial question venomous98 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 05-16-2011 09:42 PM
exceed to axial parts interchange? dragrcr General Crawlers 0 05-06-2010 09:13 PM
T-rex 60 Parts Interchange trailduster79 General Crawlers 2 07-27-2009 12:17 PM
Competition preperation lists... toyofast Competitions 8 08-19-2005 08:39 PM