Notices

Thread: Broken Subaru

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
Sinking with the ship

Default Re: Broken Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnnScott View Post
No sir. No meth, pump gas, Stock block, stock clutch, stock transmission. Its a unicorn for boost numbers and hp numbers with this set up.
Unicorn indeed, mine started slipping the stock clutch at 350/411 so opted for the 6 speed as I was afraid a real clutch would destroy the 5 speed.

Car is clean though wingless trunk is where it's at
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Unicorn indeed, mine started slipping the stock clutch at 350/411 so opted for the 6 speed as I was afraid a real clutch would destroy the 5 speed.

Car is clean though wingless trunk is where it's at
My clutch is starting to slip now under full load. And that trunk was a pain. Was an STI trunk so it had the 17 holes in the top to fill and the keyhole as well. Took me a couple days of welding and sanding to get it all filled and painted up.
JonnnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #23
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
My clutch is starting to slip now under full load. And that trunk was a pain. Was an STI trunk so it had the 17 holes in the top to fill and the keyhole as well. Took me a couple days of welding and sanding to get it all filled and painted up.
I feel your pain, I know nothing of body work so I had the body shop shave my trunk. Had the holes in it from the wrx spoiler, center badge, and key hole. Had all that filled and added the little trunk lip although I kinda wish I hadn't some days.

If you do a clutch I would stay OEM and don't do an exedy stage 1 HD unless you like serious pedal pressure. I switched to an exedy twin disk this time around
Old 05-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I feel your pain, I know nothing of body work so I had the body shop shave my trunk. Had the holes in it from the wrx spoiler, center badge, and key hole. Had all that filled and added the little trunk lip although I kinda wish I hadn't some days.

If you do a clutch I would stay OEM and don't do an exedy stage 1 HD unless you like serious pedal pressure. I switched to an exedy twin disk this time around
I had a 4 puck in my Evo. It was a leg workout just using the clutch. I will more than likely put a ACT Heavy duty street clutch in it. Couple of friends are running that setup and its a good mix of pedal pressure and clutch strength.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purptr8r View Post
thats my rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are the motor specs on this Purp? Looks like a beast.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Cosworth Sti block built Wrx heads 5 speed ppg gear helical cut .. Godspeed intake manifold with 70mm tb. Tgv deletes . Agency power fuel rail dual Walbro 255.. Agency power equal length Perrin divorced dp . Bpm exhaust catless Perrin up pipe Perrin intake ..comp clutch 6 puck with lightened flywheel deutchworks 850 injectors maxed out buying 1100's soon Godspeed 38mm external gate .. Turboxs bov.. Go fast bits boost control .. Miles of heat wrap Dei turbo sock .. Hand tigged stainless fmic pipes .. Godspeed fmic.. Hose and wire tuck/delete... Isc coil overs Perrin 25mm sways f/r with end links and stout mounts ... Oswald performance subframe .. Urethane bushings .. Gtspec trailing arms .. Godspeed lateral links ... Willwood 12.5 rotors with 4 pots up front stainless lines .. Full cage .. Seats.. Short throw .. 18/9.75 xxr.. Stretched 215/40 kumho ... 6 gauges ... Carbon hood and trunk and vane wing .. Soon to be carbon roof and doors .. Vis racing body kit .. House of kolor Pavo purple with ppg flat clear ... Painted and built by me and my buddy joe who works for the newengland rally team ... I put down 442 with 431 ft lbs on 93 octane using a FP 68hta .... At 22psi ... Going rotated when this motor is broken in doing a 62/62 turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Man I miss having a build list like that and over 400 hp. One reason I really miss my evo, that thing was a beast.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Man I miss having a build list like that and over 400 hp. One reason I really miss my evo, that thing was a beast.
Yeah especially since 400whp in a Subaru is a ticking time bomb lol

The EJ motors suck IMO unless you sleeve them and build them with real goodies. Between the shitass cast pistons with ring lands that snap like tooth picks and the shitty cylinder walls the fracture they are junk lol

What made you go from the Evo to the subi ?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah especially since 400whp in a Subaru is a ticking time bomb lol

The EJ motors suck IMO unless you sleeve them and build them with real goodies. Between the shitass cast pistons with ring lands that snap like tooth picks and the shitty cylinder walls the fracture they are junk lol

What made you go from the Evo to the subi ?
I went from the Evo to a lifted dodge pickup then to the WRX. I got rid of the evo because I was having issues with previous mods by the last owner and it was causing the car to go down for long periods of time and it was my daily driver. So I went to something more reliable. And then I fell into the wrx I didnt plan on buying it but my best friend bought a 500 hp sti and didnt need two cars so he sold it to me for an amazing deal. I only bought it because I knew every mod that was done to the car and knew all the owners from the time it left the lot brand new.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Nice rex, makes me miss mine. Mine was actually a monster truck, compared to all you guys.

And I don't want to be rude, but that Miata is horrible. I don't get the whole VIP, stretch/poke/flush business. It's not even safe to run tires and wheels like that and has to handle like a trash can.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
And I don't want to be rude, but that Miata is horrible. I don't get the whole VIP, stretch/poke/flush business. It's not even safe to run tires and wheels like that and has to handle like a trash can.
Lol yea, im not a huge fan of crazy camber and big stretch. But the car is a head turner. He said it doesnt handle that bad. But I mean its a Miata its pretty much a street legal go kart to begin with.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Good looking car man! I swear I have seen pics of that white fozzy before. And that miata is gangsta.
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Very nice looking ride, I've always been a suby fan. I was surprised to read you are running stock clutch setup that's usually one of the first upgrade. Anyway keep the pics coming.

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Havent really been doing much with the car besides driving it. Let me dig around and see what kinds of pics I have.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Dont pay attention to the dirty wheels. White wheels, Hawk pads and DBA slotted rotors dont go well together.

This is the crew I go to all the local shows with.

Broken Subaru - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru Impreza Blown Thunder Rally 12 11-29-2013 07:55 PM
See the new Subaru BRZ? EeePee Chit Chat 47 12-06-2011 10:48 AM
Subaru Legacy 2JSC Chit Chat 15 01-08-2010 01:18 PM