Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Broken Subaru

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Broken Subaru

Whats up guys and gals, figured I would post some pics of my 2007 wrx. It started life as a TR model and has slowly transformed into a regular wrx.

Has vf39 turbo, STI top mount intercooler, ebay downpipe, grimmspeed up pipe with Tial 44mm external wastegate, Invida q300 exhaust. Tuned with ecutek racerom made 322 hp and 351tq at 22.5psi.

Suspension is bc type br coilovers, cobb endlinks whiteline sway bars and some other goodies im forgetting. Car gets driven year round I run 18x8.75 xxr 527(white) in the summer and 17x7 rota grids in the winter (red)

Last edited by JonnnScott; 05-23-2014 at 06:59 PM.
JonnnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Broken Subaru

Yes I know my car is "ruined" being low but compared to the group I hang out with im a monster truck.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

These are my past vehicles. 2006 Evo lX 400+ hp, 1981 k5 blazer with built small block and my 06 TJ on 33's. The dodge is the current toy hauler.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Nice Subi! Some of your buddies cars are damned low, are they bagged or static?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Nice Subi! Some of your buddies cars are damned low, are they bagged or static?
We are all static. Living in upstate NY you learn to avoid potholes. I have to find a picture of my buddies Miata that makes us all look like we are lifted.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

This Miata is static as well. Frame rails are flatened, motor is lifted, and feelings are hurt when this rolls up to a limbo contest lol.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Not hating. Jist saying that the miata has got to ride like shit.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Not hating. Jist saying that the miata has got to ride like shit.
Haha I cant ride in it. Im 6' 3" 280lbs I can sit in the driver seat but not work the clutch and when I do sit in it the frame sits on the ground. So I could only assume it rides like shit. My subaru rides perfect with how it sits. I want to go just a little bit lower but my coils are seized from the NY winters.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Geez, do you guys run skid plates too?

I've thought about lowering my 200 a bit with the H&R springs available for that and the Avenger and even though those won't bring it down that low, I'm kinda afraid to. Couple of the roads around here are bad enough that I've joked that I should set my XJ up as a JeepSpeed type truck.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Geez, do you guys run skid plates too?
I have a custom made skid plate for my car, Most of them dont have anything. Subaru has the exhaust manifolds run under the motor so they stop anything from coming in contact with the oil pan.

Last edited by JonnnScott; 05-23-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

A skid seems like a good idea, especially the ones that are even lower!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
A skid seems like a good idea, especially the ones that are even lower!
I know mine has saved my car a few times from roadkill and ice chunks. Cant say the same for my front bumper and front lip.. Broke that to many times.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I still fear parking blocks even though it's still stock. I DDed my XJ for 9 years so I don't want to brain fart and hit one of those blocks, especially if I ever get the Super S splitter for the car.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:44 AM   #14
Sinking with the ship

Good looking scoob you have there. I ran a similar set up on my 07 TR till I got carried away with it. It was making 400 at the wheels on a map ef2 turbo before it died. Now it's a just a shitwagon taking up space in my garage until the rest of my parts show up to put the long block back together. Heads went to head games for a pocket port/chamber/bc272 cams and short block was built by lawrence racing engines in west Hampton with eagle rods, Manley pistons, acl bearings.

I miss driving mine right now especially since the weather is breaking here

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I want those wheels. And I keep getting the urge to go bigger and better. But I dont feel like rebuilding, so I talk myself out of it. I do miss having over 400hp like my evo was.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I still fear parking blocks even though it's still stock. I DDed my XJ for 9 years so I don't want to brain fart and hit one of those blocks, especially if I ever get the Super S splitter for the car.
You learn to drive with all of that in mind. Pulling into places at angles so you dont scrape, mot pulling up to curbs all the way ect. My friends laugh at me because even when I drive my lifted truck I end up driving like im still in my lowered car.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Good looking scoob you have there. I ran a similar set up on my 07 TR till I got carried away with it. It was making 400 at the wheels on a map ef2 turbo before it died. Now it's a just a shitwagon taking up space in my garage until the rest of my parts show up to put the long block back together. Heads went to head games for a pocket port/chamber/bc272 cams and short block was built by lawrence racing engines in west Hampton with eagle rods, Manley pistons, acl bearings.

I miss driving mine right now especially since the weather is breaking here

Were you still running E85 in that car? Been using the stuff in my 200 almost exclusively for 2 years as of this weekend. The car rolled over 25k a couple days ago and all but maybe a couple thousand miles have been on booze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnnScott View Post
You learn to drive with all of that in mind. Pulling into places at angles so you dont scrape, mot pulling up to curbs all the way ect. My friends laugh at me because even when I drive my lifted truck I end up driving like im still in my lowered car.
Lol, I used to have a couple 80's turbo Mopars and would always stay back from the curbs since those were lower than the van and XJ I learned to drive on, and still tend to do that with my XJ, but every now and then I'd pull all the way up. I still find myself angling into parking lots and driveways too, or when I was in Branson, MO with it the last couple Octobers, I was doing that just trying to negotiate the streets there!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

thats my rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #19
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnnScott View Post
I want those wheels. And I keep getting the urge to go bigger and better. But I dont feel like rebuilding, so I talk myself out of it. I do miss having over 400hp like my evo was.
The varrstoens look the part, but my next wheels are gonna be the bronze work emotions XD9s.

Honestly, I am surprised that you are running that much boost on a stock lower end. Do you have a meth kit in the car ?

[QUOTE=BJoe;4785497]Were you still running E85 in that car? Been using the stuff in my 200 almost exclusively for 2 years as of this weekend. The car rolled over 25k a couple days ago and all but maybe a couple thousand miles have been on booze./QUOTE]

I am or should I say I was...I am honestly not sure if I am going back to it. I have concerns that it was part of my engine failure
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
The varrstoens look the part, but my next wheels are gonna be the bronze work emotions XD9s.

Honestly, I am surprised that you are running that much boost on a stock lower end. Do you have a meth kit in the car ?
No sir. No meth, pump gas, Stock block, stock clutch, stock transmission. Its a unicorn for boost numbers and hp numbers with this set up.

Broken Subaru - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subaru Impreza Blown Thunder Rally 12 11-29-2013 07:55 PM
See the new Subaru BRZ? EeePee Chit Chat 47 12-06-2011 10:48 AM
Subaru Legacy 2JSC Chit Chat 15 01-08-2010 01:18 PM