Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: my first subaru

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default my first subaru

just bought an 01 subaru legacy gt AWD with the 2.5L 4cyl with an automatic with 268,xxx miles. very little rust, nice looking car. im used to trucks. anyone ever have one? how do they go in the snow(i live in maine) what are good upgrades, etc etc.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: my first subaru

Great first subaru, you will love it. The BE/BH chassis rides like a damn Cadillac. I had an 03 gt limited sedan same color as that and installed a set of blizzak tires and it never had a hint of problem in snow. It's what I run and had run on all of my subarus. If you need info on mods let me know, can't keep a subie stock long.
SubaruDriftBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Subies are amazing cars, I loved my WRX a ton. Looking into picking up a LGT sedan sometime in the near future (wife gave me the approval!) They do amazing in the snow!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
K_B
I wanna be Dave

If you want some inspiration, check out Mighty Car Mods on Youtube.

11 second wagon:

Gramps the 11 Second Car - Part 10 - YouTube
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...04cfa4ca8c44db not sure if it will show up but here also is some inspiration, a lot of parts from the WRX will fit right onto the BH legacy. the great thing about subaru is basically they are the legos of the car world. also some aftermarket ebay honda parts will work on the BH legacy if you ever wanted to add a front lip, it wont be direct bolt on but with some simple work it will line up right.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
If you want some inspiration, check out Mighty Car Mods on Youtube.

11 second wagon:

Gramps the 11 Second Car - Part 10 - YouTube
im a big fan of mighty car mods. i've seen the gramps build since day one. such awesome work they do!

i know the AWD is electronic, the fuse box under the hood. has a spot where you put a fuse in it makes it FWD, take it out it puts it in AWD drive. is that okay for the car?
Also when turning the wheel, it glitches pretty much(describing the best i can)dad said it was low on fluid, i said cause its been cold lately in Maine.
i picked up 2 free tires today. there 215/60/16's, theres 205/55/16's on it now. im just trying to get it inspected so i can get a job. Now like i mentioned earlier with the fuse and everything, if i left it in AWD till i could find 2 more of the 215's or 2 good 205's? would it mess up the drive train any?
Thanks for answering my questions! first subaru, so kinda new to it all. im used to 4wheel drives and trucks. thanks!

heres a few picture on how it looks now. i think it looks good

XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I currently have a '14 Outback. Before that was a '13 Legacy. They are a blast in the snow with snow tires.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

With having 2 different size tires on the car, it will eventually kill the center differential. Subaru normally is ok with about a quarter inch of difference between tires. As far as pulling the fuse it will still wear on the differential. You will be basically dragging the back legs along. It will be ok for a bit but I wouldn't run it for long.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

my brother and i have a "shared" 2000 Impreza RX, even though its kind of more his. Its a fun car!! Im only 15 so as my proper first car i want a CJ7 which sucks coz they're so rare here in australia and not as cheap as in america.
Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

with that kind of miles keep an eye on the head gaskets and the oil pump seals. they both like to leak
vinnyphx is offline   Reply With Quote

my first subaru - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DD Subaru and 95 pickup JohnRobHolmes 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 29 08-02-2016 10:20 AM
Subaru Legacy 2JSC Chit Chat 15 01-08-2010 01:18 PM