Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: anybody know anything about dual car stereos?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default anybody know anything about dual car stereos?

i was going to get a new head unit for my cherokee trail truck for an upcoming trip, this one has bluetooth and and a usb input, my only needs. but.. the low price leads me to think that its gonna be junk, but ive had a lot of cheap chinese rc electrics that work great so i was gonna give it a shot, and crutchfield has a 60 day return so if it sucks i can get my money back. id really just like to know if anyone has had dual stuff so i might not waste my time

Dual XRM405BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
stevem50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: anybody know anything about dual car stereos?

Years ago I had a Dual cd player in my 84 K5 Blazer mud truck. A month after I bought it it stopped putting out sound to the speakers. Took it back and they gave me another on the spot. Installed it and never had another problem out of it for 7 months.

What killed it the second time? Friend rolled the blazer, and it sat in the weather too long before being pulled.

I can't complain, was cheap and handled all the bumps and abuse we threw at it well enough. Kinda miss it actually, was very simple to use unlike today's overly complex head units that require a mathmatics degree and tiny fingers to operate.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

id also check crutchfields scratch and dent items. ive got some sweet deals in the past.

i wouldnt hesitate to try that dual in a trail rig, like u said crutchfield has great customer service and if it gives the ghost its only 70 bucks.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i tell you guys.. 20 years ago id spend waaaaay too much on stuff like this in rigs i dumped waaaay too much into and never use. this cherokee is low buck to the bone and is my favorite vehicle i think ive ever had.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I got it, it's installed, and worth twice as much as I paid! Easy to install, good sound for the money, and the Bluetooth actually works decently. It's sound is better than the parrot system my dad got ($300!) Then add the Kenwood 6 1/2" coaxes that I got for 1/2 off and I'm one happy bastard on my way to work... I can't believe I'm sub shopping now
Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've had a dual Cd deck in my skeeter bass boat for two years it still works fine been wet a few times beer spills. Crutchfield is awesome with after sale help etc. If it kicks it pick up something in there scratch and dent section.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

anybody know anything about dual car stereos? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual sport 4 seat desert car mojave450rider Non Crawler RC's 2 11-06-2013 01:43 PM
Dual 3s Lipo/Dual Sidwinders/Dual 4400KV Inrunners Setup Help Needed. TheHeadHunter Electronics 16 08-17-2008 05:21 AM