RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1:1 Full Size Vehicles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/)
-   -   Bug and Guts......... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/541571-bug-guts.html)

BJoe 07-31-2015 08:30 PM

Bug and Guts.........

Anybody have a good suggestion on what will work best to remove dead bugs from a vehicle quickly? I spent about 3 months running all over while my Mom was in the hospital and a few nursing and rehab places while not having the time or money to wash my car, now that she's home and I'm not blowing cash on fuel, I would like to get those critters off the front of the car.

humve 07-31-2015 08:44 PM

Re: Bug and Guts.........

Just take some warm water and wash it off with a small amount of soap that is how i clean my car when it gets full of bugs. Water is usually the only thing that will take the bugs off.

Mike Flea 07-31-2015 09:15 PM

One of those do-it-yourself car washes with the pressure washer should do it, I would think. If not, any of the local parts stores should have Bug and Tar remover, Turtle Wax use to make a real good one. And how is your Mom?

BJoe 07-31-2015 10:08 PM

There is a place just down the road that I can do that at, although I've thought about pulling the front plate and hitting it with Simple Green or Wildcat Cleaner/Degreaser to loosen things up further.

binaryterror 08-01-2015 01:18 PM

No matter what you use you'll need to rewax, the bug cleaners are strippers of the wax and bugs.

I found the Turtle Wax one works decently. Spray on a cooler not sunny day and wait. Then hose/scrub with a microfiber and all gone. The pain comes when you have to wax it when you are done, but that keeps them from coming back.

Also might be worth a detail, not the concourse show one, but any will get the bugs and get you back a clean and waxed/polished car.

BJoe 08-01-2015 02:37 PM

Probably going to blast it at a coin op then hand wash it at home then, the whole car is filthy right now.

Brake Weight 08-01-2015 02:53 PM

Soak it down with something like MeanGreen or any other strong cleaner for a few minutes before hitting it with the wand at the car wash.

BJoe 08-02-2015 06:18 PM

Something interesting happened today, we had a major storm hit while I was at work (so bad it actually killed someone in another suburb:shock: ) and it actually cleaned up the car quite a bit, including the looser bugs:lol: Should make finishing the job a bit easier then"thumbsup"

chopfather 08-05-2015 05:19 PM

Pledge furniture polish works great to remove bugs on my motorcycles. I just spray it on and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then wipe it off with a micro fiber towel. it even works on the chrome and polished aluminum.