Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: NEW Truck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default NEW Truck!

For the first time in my life, I purchased a NEW truck. I wasn't really planning on buying one, but my son and I got into an accident in my 2008 Ram 3500 in January in Rawlins WY... about the worst place to be stranded lol. We both were okay, just a little sore luckily. My insurance actually repaired it, even though damages were over 12k, it took the body shop over a month to get it fixed and once I got it back I took it on a 600 mile trip... it just wasn't the same and I knew it never would be again so less than a week after getting it back I traded it in on the new truck... I bought a New 2015 Ram3500 that was still on the lot, saved me about 8k since it was a year old already. It's a fully loaded Laramie model, has every possible option... way to nice for me lol. I put a set of XD Bully's in grey and black on it, ordered as set of Amp power steps for it, but haven't got them yet...
Attached Images

1tonblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: NEW Truck!

This is my 2008 Ram 3500... It was pretty sweet, had the 6.7 Cummins in it, deleted... 6 spd standard, 150K on it, but only 35K on the new rebuilt engine...

I didn't get any pictures of it wrecked, but the front axle had been pushed back on the passenger side and the entire passenger side was smashed...
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2016, 12:41 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about the accident, but congrats on the new toy
808 tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:41 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well, I now have a little over 80k in this truck, been running well for the most part. The trans failed at 65k and the dealer put a new on in under warranty. Not surprising though as I’ve logged over 55k pulling trailers. I put a new grille and custom hood on it thanks to a dumb person how didn’t realize that a truck pulling a triple axle gooseneck loaded with an f150 and be Jetta can slow down fast enough when the pull out in front of you... he got the ticket and his insurance paid for said upgrades lol.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2019, 02:26 AM   #5

Any feedback regarding the truck?
ed_ten_72 is offline   Reply With Quote

NEW Truck! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM