Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Free candy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Free candy

Thought you might be interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdy-L1ZpUQ
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Dude the Nats are still rad !

Hang up and Drive
Mike Flea likes this.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Here's a couple that are going to look nuts once they're done with them!

And especially with these bolted on
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Gotta love Zoomies!
CREEPERBOB and THX_138 like this.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

When I was in elementary school , my parents bought a used 1976 Dodge Tradesman 200 van conversion it had a cabinet with a build in cooler, fully carpeted, wood paneling , the swiveling captain seats, and the bubble side windows and a custom paint job, we went across the US a couple times in the van and went to Canada and Alaska in it, those were some fun times as kid, years later when I was big into riding, I bought a 77 Tradesman 200 and there was nothing but the 2 seats, it was great cause I could easily stuff 3 or 4 dirt bikes and riding gear in the van on the weekends and go tear it up
Mike Flea likes this.

Last edited by kgb424; 09-21-2018 at 10:25 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #46
RCC Addict

funny... i was just telling my wife (while discussing possible purchase of a new Honda pilot) i would rather drive a 70's conversion van than a minivan. then again i'd probably drive just about anything before a minivan lol
Mike Flea likes this.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
When I was in elementary school , my parents bought a used 1976 Dodge Tradesman 200 van conversion it had a cabinet with a build in cooler, fully carpeted, wood paneling , the swiveling captain seats, and the bubble side windows and a custom paint job, we went across the US a couple times in the van and went to Canada and Alaska in it, those were some fun times as kid, years later when I was big into riding, I bought a 77 Tradesman 200 and there was nothing but the 2 seats, it was great cause I could easily stuff 3 or 4 dirt bikes and riding gear in the van on the weekends and go tear it up

From what I understand, those guys that mod and race the later model B-Vans in Japan started out buying the US Military Surplus B-Vans when the Navy was done with them to haul around their motorcycles from race track to race track......then racers being racers and all....................
Old 09-22-2018, 02:16 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I saw years ago when I used to volunteer at the National Hair Scramble at Hollister Hills CA at the Upper Ranch, there was 2 racers that go from race to race, so they bought a used U Haul 20 foot box van and they cut out the back of the of the cab and the Box and installed bunk beds, so one guy could drive while the other guy slept, they had tool boxes and a work bench, and generator too run a air compressor so they could use air tools, it was a pretty cool setup

Last edited by kgb424; 09-22-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:45 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

I used to have fun in my 77 Dodge, I bought a couple of old bean bag chairs at a garage sell in my neighborhood and waxed the floor of the van, and if you were the 3rd wheel and 4th wheel , you got the treatment, I would accelerate really hard and the people in the bean bag chairs would slide all the way to the back, then I would slam the brakes really hard and they would slide all the way into the engine cover, and you would never know when I would do either, another fun time we were at concert in the parking lot drinking a few beers and having a few shots, not bothering anybody when out of nowhere 2 Security guards tried to take are beers, we would ducted into the side door and come out the back, then in the drivers door and out the side door, there was 4 of us playing with the security guards and every time we would say ok and hand them a empty beer then pull out another one and crack it open the would get pissed and the whole time everybody else around us was yelling shit and cheering us on, they finally gave up and did the walk of shame and people were still yelling shit, good times

Last edited by kgb424; 09-22-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:57 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
I saw years ago when I used to volunteer at the National Hair Scramble at Hollister Hills CA at the Upper Ranch, there was 2 racers that go from race to race, so they bought a used U Haul 20 foot box van and they cut out the back of the of the cab and the Box and installed bunk beds, so one guy could drive while the other guy slept, they had tool boxes and a work bench, and generator too run a air compressor so they could use air tools, it was a pretty cool setup

I've been thinking for a few years now that if you did it right, a box van would make a pretty good camper. If I were to do one, I'd look for an Express/Savanna with a large box with aero shaped Grandma's attic and a hydrolic lift in the back. The attic would be good for storage while the lift would make getting heavy items in and out of the box easier as well as double as a porch! I even saw a van the other day that had a lift nearly at long as the box was tall that might work well for urban camping, leave the lift in the upright position across the gate, leave the gate rolled open a few inches at the for some additional air flow, but block it from opening all the way by blocking the door in the track with a Vice Grip type tool. I'd also leave most of the separating wall in place with some sort of sliding door so it would be harder to tell if the van was now a camper

If I were in a postion to buy new to convert, this is what I would go with.

https://www.unicell.com/van-bodies/aerocell/

kgb424 likes this.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Check this one out.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Ah yes! Thanks for bumping this it reminded me I snapped this pic last week on my way to work, instantly thought of this thread when I spotted it.

BJoe and Mike Flea like this.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #53
Yashua

I did so love my '72 Dodge big block (383) van.

Lots of naughty stuff happened in that girl .

"United Vans Berdoo"
Inland Vans Berdoo – These Vans are Rockin’ | Pomona Swap Meet

Oh, I did mention I was 60 right?
Mike Flea and mikemcE like this.

Last edited by CREEPERBOB; 12-02-2018 at 08:59 AM.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

NSVA member ???

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #55
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
NSVA member ???

Hang up and Drive

Nope
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Free candy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FREE PRE-G6 FREE September 28th GET READY yoda@4x4 Florida 81 10-09-2014 07:41 AM
Axial Scorpion Kits $229 **Free Shipping Deal** Free Give-A-Way Yipeee Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 144 10-15-2007 10:29 AM
Free Guinness Beer and Free Food! NY PA Boston tmaxxking1 Chit Chat 0 09-25-2007 01:56 PM
Free Free Pro Line Ambush Body FREE GIVEAWAY! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 144 08-26-2007 10:54 PM