Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: My hemi swapped old school Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #1

Default My hemi swapped old school Cherokee

This is one of the toys that's been keeping me away from RCs for so long. Finally runs and drives and I've got free time for the 1/10 toys. It's a 1983 Cherokee body on a shortened 1971 C10 frame and modified suspension. Has a 2010 Challenger 5.7 hemi and 6 speed stick, stock aside from injectors and a tiny turbo. It's not a drag car but I completed Drag Week with it this year and it's been a best of 11.4 @ 120 on only 6 psi.

ghinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My hemi swapped old school Cherokee

I never, ever, ever, thought I would say a lowered jeep was cool, but damn! That is an amazing truck!!!! I can't imagine the amount of fab work to get that engine, and transmission in that truck. Congratulations on a super cool build.
Junkk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I used to have a 1985 Grand Wagoneer with a 360 that ran pretty good. Good enough to scare small children and piss off the neighbors! No where near as fast as yours though!! I be that's fun to drive wit a 6speed.
NTA_Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Oppan Gangnam Style

Very cool! I like that it's not a cookie cutter rig, different is a great thing. Sounds like it was quite an undertaking to get it all together but the end result is a super clean truck. Congrats to you on an amazing build!

Edit: looks like you have different wheels in some pics.

Last edited by chino63; 03-01-2017 at 10:08 AM.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #5

Damn that's different. I like different. Different is cool! Sweet ride!

I like when the motor costs more than the car itself! Power!

Did you build it yourself?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkk5 View Post
I never, ever, ever, thought I would say a lowered jeep was cool, but damn! That is an amazing truck!!!! I can't imagine the amount of fab work to get that engine, and transmission in that truck. Congratulations on a super cool build.
Thanks! The lowering was kind of a necessity but it turned out good I think. I had a stock height 4 door Wagoneer that ran about the same times as this one has and it was sketchy at best. It's on a shortened and '71 Chevy frame and a bunch of custom suspension stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTA_Shawn View Post
I used to have a 1985 Grand Wagoneer with a 360 that ran pretty good. Good enough to scare small children and piss off the neighbors! No where near as fast as yours though!! I be that's fun to drive wit a 6speed.
People don't give the AMC motors enough credit. I'm pretty fond of them, this is the first non-AMC powered hot rod I've ever had. My first stick car too, picked it up pretty quick though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Very cool! I like that it's not a cookie cutter rig, different is a great thing. Sounds like it was quite an undertaking to get it all together but the end result is a super clean truck. Congrats to you on an amazing build!

Edit: looks like you have different wheels in some pics.
Good eye. It's got 17" wheels with 275/40 and 315/35 tires for daily driving and throwing it around corners and 15" wheels with 275/60 drag radials for the track. It's actually quicker on the strip with the rubber band tires but they wouldn't let me run them on Drag Week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Damn that's different. I like different. Different is cool! Sweet ride!

I like when the motor costs more than the car itself! Power!

Did you build it yourself?
The motor and trans actually came from a crashed Challenger in the junkyard so they weren't too bad price-wise. It's still got the original spark plugs and clutch, lol. The whole truck is mostly used parts and deals/trades, that's part of what took so long. The dash shell, trim, and most of the body panels are the only Jeep parts left. A friend did the roll cage, everything else was me tinkering in my garage.
ghinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

So badass!
fortyeightjake is offline   Reply With Quote

My hemi swapped old school Cherokee - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old School Jeep Theme Song Commercial Remake - C1 Cherokee - 4wding is fun in a Jeep Sp3cia1-K Scale Videos! 5 11-10-2014 12:31 AM
Swapped out ESCs constantmotion Electronics 8 01-12-2012 01:13 AM
Swapped the chassis on my RF!! :) Madpete98 Kyosho Crawlers 9 03-10-2009 09:08 AM
Body swapped rckjeep 2.2 Scale Rigs 15 10-10-2007 10:16 AM
Swapped in real electronics... 350jeepcj5 General Crawlers 9 04-22-2006 11:41 PM