RCC Addict

Default Re: Maslin's 1:1 Trail Finder

How's lil blue?
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Doing well. Get the header in, it was the wrong one Must be a federal vs California truck thing. Didn't really matter to me, direct bolt in isn't a bit deal. Welded some bolts in to the air injection pipes and threw it on. Welded up an 8" flex pipe, a few feet of 16ga pipe and a cheapo Thrush Turbo muffler. Sounds pretty good, I'll try to get a video. Woke the engine up a bit, need to stick a better air filter on there and see how it feels.

Fixed the exhaust leak in the process, whoever put the engine in got the bottom rear manifold nut cross threaded about 1 turn and called it good Still need to plug the hole in the firewall around the speedo cable.

Next up is the seats. They move around a bit when you speed up, slow down or turn. Basically all the time. Shouldn't be too bad, just have to find time to get some work in. Might as well flush the heater core just in time to not need it as well, it's been in the high 20s in the morning, pretty cold with barely warmer than cold heat.

Still shopping for tires, another thing that isn't really needed immediately. It does look kind of funny lifted with tiny tires.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Got a few hours out in the shop. Seats are situated, much better. Sketched up my idea on some isometric paper, worked out just about perfectly

Step one, strip and weld up the original slides.

A while later they're done. Wish I had taken more pictures, I was on a roll

All wrapped up.

Need to find some 1" square caps to hammer in the ends.

Just Missed out on a set of mint 15" alloy wheels with 31x10.5s for $125 15" wheels must be dead now, not having any luck with cheap tires. Plenty of 17s out there, and I do have a set of supercharged Xterra wheels laying around...

Steering wheel is a huge improvement, no more razor sharp edges

Somehow realized the shift knob that's been loose for months has set screws

Old 05-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
I do have a set of supercharged Xterra wheels laying around...

Tried the Xterra wheels, center bore is 1/2" too small Fancy Hunter tire machine showed up at work so my options have opened up, but I still need tires. If I have to buy new I will, still waiting on that $50 90% set of BFG ATs to fall in my lap

Maslin's 1:1 Trail Finder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Hawaii Beach-Rock-Trail Run CAV-G Scale Videos! 0 11-17-2014 11:38 AM
[Video] 2 RC4WD Trail Finder 2s - Durian Loop Trail rcgolf Scale Videos! 2 10-25-2014 06:05 PM
evidence trail buster 1 9 on the scale of RC4WD Trail Finder 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 2 11-10-2013 12:19 AM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:11 PM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:09 PM