Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Plug "N" Play LED lights for "Late Model" Mopars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Plug "N" Play LED lights for "Late Model" Mopars?

I finally had one of the 6 year old factory headlight bulbs on my Chrysler 200 give up over the weekend and after having an irritating time trying to find some decent replacments sold as a pair (I wanted the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 2 pack, which is impossible to find this weekend) and will likely throw in one of their "cheap" $30 basic bulbs for now until spring and look at LED replacements once it warms back up, and the last payment on the car is finally made. Are there any good quality, plug and play, no modification needed LED bulbs to replace the proper 9012/HIR2 headlights or for turn signals? From what I understand, the '11-'14.5 200 sedans and convertables used the same spec projector assemblies Chrysler used on the 300 and Grand Cherokees, but I an unsure what may need to be done to make everything play well together without having to solder anything special together with the wiring harness. The electrical sysem in this isn't as simple as it would he for my '98 XJ, which in theory should only need the flasher relay to make things work.

I might swap out the rest parking and turn signal bulbs in those assemblies for LEDs at the same time too since I really only want to do this once if possible due to the PITA nature of the work. Lets just say, this is no XJ or K-Car to make that swap on. That said, I'm pretty sure that the 1 light that is still working is putting out more light that the two 5x7's on any of our XJs or the smaller sealed beams our long departed Chevy Beauville, Lebaron GTS,and Shadow ES were capable of
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Plug "N" Play LED lights for "Late Model" Mopars? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MadDogRC - "chino63" Scale LED Rock Lights Mad4Rnr Scale parts 19 12-30-2013 10:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM