Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: RWD sedan with MANUAL trans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RWD sedan with MANUAL trans

That sounds like a great candidate, you still want us to convince you its wrong? https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wbmz753/

and a bit better outlook https://jalopnik.com/the-champ-is-he...ide-1597567975

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-09-2018 at 09:28 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I loved the E39 touring I owned, but it was a 528i auto. My buddy swapped the S65 + 6MT from an E39 M5 into his E38 and loves his car.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
That sounds like a great candidate, you still want us to convince you its wrong? https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wbmz753/

and a bit better outlook https://jalopnik.com/the-champ-is-he...ide-1597567975
the comments are GOLD. love both of those sites and im a member at jalopnik (aren't we all?).
none of these "problems" scare me as i have dealt with the gremlins of 98 Camaro, 94 240sx, and the 86 corolla GTS. old cars DONT scare me. i actually prefer them.

i'm convinced. this WILL be my next car. VANOS be damned!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #44

I call Jalopnik "Jalopy" because I have never seen a site with such bad journalism! I am a member and they do have some entertaining articles every once in a great while, but if you want any facts it's best to stay away.

When I was in college I'd drive by a BMW dealership on my way home. I fell in love with the new, at that time, E46 M3s in Laguna Seca Blue. To this day I still think it's one of the all-time best looking M3s and that's rare because I personally think modern European cars age horribly in terms of looks.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

An E39 M5 with an opened-up exhaust sounds glorious. If you have the stomach for the maintenance costs, don't hesitate to get one.

Also, it's cool to see another fan the of the Everyday Driver podcast. I love those guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
EDIT: one Youtube channel that I'd suggest is Everyday Driver, they're great with daily driver advice though 4 doors are a bit less common with them. You could email them your question and they'll answer it on one of their podcasts
https://www.youtube.com/user/EverydayDriver
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

speaking of podcasts and youtube, etc... i also have been a fan of the smoking tire. the one-take drives are awesome and give a nice peek at what can be done with a decent platform and basic mods.
case in point:

and yes i take ANY journalism with a grain of salt until i experience something for myself. but its a nice heads up and i ALWAYS read the comments!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
speaking of podcasts and youtube, etc... i also have been a fan of the smoking tire. the one-take drives are awesome and give a nice peek at what can be done with a decent platform and basic mods.
case in point:

and yes i take ANY journalism with a grain of salt until i experience something for myself. but its a nice heads up and i ALWAYS read the comments!
Yeah I really like the Smoking Tire too, did you ever watch 'Tuned' back when it was a sub show on the Drive Youtube channel, back when the did highly refined and produced content which they've learned is a waste of time for Youtube.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

No but I discovered the smoking tire by watching the horribly mishandled "car show" with Adam Carolla.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:29 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys its been a while since I have posted anything here on rcc. Consider this the "I'm alive and well" post.

There have been some changes to shinchu's 1:1 stable of chariots. I will update as soon as I can. Also been real busy with my 3 week old son. Its Crazy!!! But also very fun and nice to shake things up a bit.

More soon!!! Things are moving almost exactly as I have planned... ;)

*ok couldnt keep you in suspense... Here goes...

You all remember the frs.

Had to do this...

So we could trade it in to get Mrs shinchu this...

And the grand Cherokee in the background that used to be mrs shinchu's ride is now... Mine.
At least until July rolls around. Then? Well, we will just have to wait and see... ;)

Last edited by Shinchu; 10-18-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Default RWD sedan with MANUAL trans

2005 BMW ///M3 6spd
Afe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Koni shocks, HR springs lowered 1”, UUC short throw shift, BBS RS-GT wheels

Last edited by GForceSS; 10-21-2018 at 02:16 PM.
GForceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post

And the grand Cherokee in the background that used to be mrs shinchu's ride is now... Mine.
At least until July rolls around. Then? Well, we will just have to wait and see... ;)
By then, the Genesis G70 should be here and available with a manual.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

$40+k for 250hp 4 banger??? (Read: slower than the frs for double the money)
I considered it for like 2 seconds.
**just thought again and for the same money I would rather have the alpha Romeo giulia sedan. Too bad the only way to get a manual is in the $70+k quadrafolgio. I think I spelled that right? Either way, its fun to say it in an Italian accent.
Anywho yeah no.

Its probably going to be something with 4 doors and a blue propeller...
;)

Last edited by Shinchu; 10-23-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:26 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

The Alfa "Quad" is freakin' gorgeous, but nearly every journo that's driven one for more than a week has had it break down on them...

I know it's FWD, but I'd get a new Accord 2.0t Sport manual and get some light work done on it - a Stage 2 flash alone will get you to 287HP and 377lbs-ft...

Considering the 6.1sec 0-60mph time of a stock 252HP, 273lb-ft model, it should be fun... and be a total sleeper.

Less than $700 for the you-tune-it-yourself kit...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

yeah i had 2 of the previous accords. LOVED them. even in FWD trim they had nimble handling and comfy as hell. CVT trans was weird so i would go for a manual if i did it again.
then they went and re-designed them. and RUINED them. seriously they are hideous. sure a turbo would be neato but... yuck. but if i can get it in manual... i haven't ruled it out entirely, and at one point my wife had a moment of temporary insanity and said "just get another accord and leave it stock, then you can get another corolla."

i should have jumped all over that. but for ONCE i was the voice of reason and i shot it down "thank you babe but we just don't have the room for another project car."

as the words left my mouth i about kicked myself in the junk.
but like i said i wouldn't reject the accord, at least for a filler until i find the perfect example of 4 door manual.
i even price checked the new Camry. sporty loaded 4 banger is over $30 and no manual.

so yeah. the search continues and i was just looking up rear legroom of my top contenders. (for comparison the 2014 accord sedan has 38.5)
it don't look good...
newer bimmers both 3 and 5 series are at 35 and 36.5 respectively.
E39 ('03 M5) dream-crushing 34.2
the infiniti G37 sedan a tiny 34.7
caddy CTS-V (older ones) 35.9

so far the king and hardest to find/worth weight in gold and price reflects it...
the Pontiac G8 GXP at a class-topping 39 inches. THIRTY NINE!
and all that LS2 power on tap with a manual... this is really looking like my holy grail. there is one in Sacramento right now on cargurus going for $36.9k
even with a $5k down payment im looking at about $600/mo nope no-can-do.

i submitted a form on jalopnik for "what car should i get". we shall see if they answer.

*i built a quadrolofoiusgloisgooo on horizon 4. man it looks NICE when slammed. i have heard of reliability issues too. damn shame, its a marvelous piece of machinery. even the non-quads are good looking. just no manual and still pricey.

TL;DR: The search continues...
Old 11-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

ok ford... you have my attention. make good use of it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/fo...our-door-sedan

and for God's sake MAKE IT MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shinchu; 11-07-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

I though Ford had just said they were done making 4 door cars or however they phrased it?

EDIT: ah thats a photochop from Car & Driver and the car is merely a rumor at this point unfortunately

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-07-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

the very last part of the article:

"Ford spokesperson Jiyan Cadiz did not confirm or deny the rumor, but did say that "we are always on our game to keep Mustang exciting every year," which seems to stoke the fire. We'll update this story when we have more information to share."
Old 11-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

if they make the mustang name turn into a 4 door car, I might actually consider hating ford.. I like to think ford and chevy at least kept the muscle cars identities as they should have.

still gotta be rwd and 4 door right? car preferred, why not take a look at the focus rs? AWD isn't bad. or maybe look into getting a 2wd 2000 ferd exploder with a stick? ive got a 4wd one with the pushrod 4.0. you can swap a 302 into them pretty easy. they actually make kits

not much new stuff that's a saloon rwd manual option anymore.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #59
Yashua

69 Roadrunner 4 speed sedan, might be a little pricey but what fun to drive
Attached Images

CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

bob i don't see a second pair of door handles lol but yeah i think something in the last decade is best for a daily.

as for a focus RS you mean those things with transmissions bolted to a hand grenade? and AWD in my book is equal to FWD. cant kick the rear out and to me AWD just doesn't feel right when im pushing the limits. i don't know what end will go where.
yes this will be able to fit the family but when the kids are away, daddy will play!

not sure if you all are following the conversation on the RC4WD Desert Runner but... the ultimate fun haver is starting to grow on me hahaha

RWD sedan with MANUAL trans - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a MOA 1:1 sedan! infodragon Chit Chat 6 10-10-2014 08:05 PM
Manual trans rant 70ford390 Chit Chat 34 11-12-2012 08:31 AM
new Bugatti family sedan STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 23 08-27-2012 02:33 PM
Manual or automatic Trans? slobin3d Chit Chat 55 12-14-2011 06:12 AM