Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: RWD sedan with MANUAL trans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RWD sedan with MANUAL trans

hmmm... i just looked them up on autotrader and the backseat is in fact huge. (2012 srt8 manual at 17k miles was a bit pricey at $30k but its a start)
i'd have to bring them so they could try it on. ironically, they have them at the dodge/jeep dealer where my wife got her jeep and still gets it serviced there. its due for a bushing replacement soon... hmmm...

as for the WRX, my co-worker said the same thing. i said its 4wd he said pop the front axles off!!! lol its been done but its not as easy as it sounds. its a bit sketchy.

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-15-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
hmmm... i just looked them up on autotrader and the backseat is in fact huge. (2012 srt8 manual at 17k miles was a bit pricey at $30k but its a start)
i'd have to bring them so they could try it on. ironically, they have them at the dodge/jeep dealer where my wife got her jeep and still gets it serviced there. its due for a bushing replacement soon... hmmm...
SRT8's are awesome, as are Scat Pack R/Ts, but regular R/T's are much more affordable and you still get a big dirty V8 with around 400hp. You only have to go back a couple years to find R/T's under $30k. They don't handle great, but with a manual they are FUN.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Technically, it's a c-dan.
  1. 4 doors
  2. RWD
  3. Useful cargo area. Think of it as a big, open trunk
  4. I'm guessing that manual transmissions could be found, although probably more on the lower trim levels
  5. You could use it to tow the 'Vette to a track day, coffee and cars event, ect...

I agree on the Accord being a fun to drive car. I just looked at an '05 EX 4cyl/5 speed w/ leather today. It felt fun to row some gears again, if I can get the guy to accept my reasonable terms, I'll be an owner.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

sorry that pic made me throw up in my mouth a little.

lol i know you are half kidding but yeah no lol
if i lowered it i would be ruining a truck, and it would still handle like poop.

good point about towing the vette though. that's why I'm trying to convince my wife she needs a Tahoe again ;)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

well my wife shot down the 2013 is250 for a backseat that is too small... :( sucks those are nice, new(ish), and affordable.

started getting bummed out and running out of options.
looked up rear legroom on a bunch of my choices.
is250: 30"
2015 accord sport (my wife's top choice): 38" (WHAT?!)
infiniti G35/7 sedan: 34
2001 lexus GS300: 34

compared the GS because we had one and it was roomy enough.
really looking at the G35 right now. if you find a manual with sport package, it even has an LSD! (viscous, but better than nothing!)

oh, and the thing about the accord... they are AWESOME daily commuters. we had TWO of them they are so good. only reason i was even listening to my wife when she suggested a FWD grocery getter... she goes...

"you could get that for daily and then get another AE86 corolla."

WHAAAAAT?!!?! at this point I'm giddy like a school girl at a Justin beiber concert. my wife HATES those but she knows how much i love them.
i have owned 2 of those, vowing to someday have another.

is this the no brainer?
keep in mind, accords are like $18k and a decent corolla is going for about $5k and UP.

so right now the math is:
$23k (accord and AE86) est.
$14k (G35/7)

i would LOVE an AE86 again but cost is getting up there, and storing it means at least 1 daily would be stuck outside (most likely the accord).

1st world problems...
Old 04-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #26

Cadillac or Chevy SS.

2017 Chevy SS: Buy one, used if you have to
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I considered the ss. Really, i did. I would love to have a snarling v8 with 3 pedals and 4 doors for a dad-mobile, but...

$30k

Too much for me. Just barely. I could do maybe 25k and i have found v8 m3 sedans all day at that price. But the dependability isnt there.

Anyway yes the ss is great and so is its predacessor, the pontiac G8 gxp.
Hard to find in manual and worth its weight in gold.

The infiniti g35 is looking to be the roomiest and most budget friendly option so far.

Unless i find the perfect ae86... i would drive a salvaged prius daily just to get another ae86!

Last edited by Shinchu; 04-11-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #28

I buy and sell cars for a living and the legend that comes to my mind when someone says "stick shift sedan" is none other than the Cadillac CTS-V The earlier pre-07 models are fairly cheap, can be had under 15k and I'm not sure it was even offered as an auto. All of them I've seen were sticks. That entire platform should be cake to work on being a GM LS platform.

Last edited by jstein87; 06-17-2018 at 09:35 AM.
jstein87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I'm pretty sure i can think of a reason why the caddy wont work for me. (trying not to hold their looks against them, or the fact they have a foot operated e-brake. srsly???)
*searching used CTS-V...

$17k for 120,000 miles... ehhhhh... i will stick to infiniti G sedan i think. thanks for the suggestion though. it fits the criteria, but just... ehh...

**ok bad example. didn't see the search was set for 50 miles form seattle? there are some good deals afterall. $15k for 60,000 miles not bad!
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

FD RX7, LS swap with T56...

who needs a back seat...
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

thread done
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

probly my govy comp but i cant see the pic...

but no. this is going to be my daily so it needs baby hauling ability with room for 5. nice try though!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-21-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Well this is way high price wise right now but theres the new Kia Stinger, just throwing it out there. I guess its a bit new to find used.

Thread continued

EDIT: one Youtube channel that I'd suggest is Everyday Driver, they're great with daily driver advice though 4 doors are a bit less common with them. You could email them your question and they'll answer it on one of their podcasts
https://www.youtube.com/user/EverydayDriver

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-21-2018 at 03:01 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

77 nova. 3 on the tree. 4 doors. one by me for 4k. clean.

though.. I do second the kia's.. but they are not a man trans. the onlything closest to a import rwd 4 door that you can get your hands on in the states is a subie.

or.. if you can find a mid 80's ford ltd four eye... you can slap in a glued together Cleveland and call it a fun day.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Solid entries guys thanks.

Here's the part where I shoot them down lol

As cm9000 pointed out, the stinger is blunted by an auto. Nearest I can find is the alfa Romeo guilia quadrafolio with a manual. But I dont have a spare $80k laying around as much as I think those are AWESOME.
I do watch the smoking tire on YouTube. And the everyday driver channel sounds familiar. Thanks Casey!

As for older cars, as my wife defines them, "anything not made in this current decade". If I spend any time fixing them, its automatically qualified as "an old pice of crap".
Yes I too have thought of making my own "men in black" sleeper of an Ltd or even a crown Vic. But... Too old. Too much work. Too much broken stuff. I had a 98 Camaro z28 and even that was falling apart. Replacing the water pump until 3am on Tuesday and driving to work at 4am was not fun.
With that said, sadly the nova and ltd are disqualified.

Its still looking like a g37 or g35... Maybe an older caddy cts-v with hydraulic e brake hoon handle? Just they are... Ugly.

Its getting closer to trigger pulling time though. Summer, back to school, holidays, BLAMMO VALENTINES DAY.
hopefully the planets align and there is a manual g35/37 sedan available right when I need it?!
Old 06-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I have a g37 sedan. I think it’s a fine daily. Unfortunately mine is not the 6speed since the wife drives it once in a while. I believe I still have a pic in my profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Solid entries guys thanks.

Here's the part where I shoot them down lol

As cm9000 pointed out, the stinger is blunted by an auto. Nearest I can find is the alfa Romeo guilia quadrafolio with a manual. But I dont have a spare $80k laying around as much as I think those are AWESOME.
I do watch the smoking tire on YouTube. And the everyday driver channel sounds familiar. Thanks Casey!

As for older cars, as my wife defines them, "anything not made in this current decade". If I spend any time fixing them, its automatically qualified as "an old pice of crap".
Yes I too have thought of making my own "men in black" sleeper of an Ltd or even a crown Vic. But... Too old. Too much work. Too much broken stuff. I had a 98 Camaro z28 and even that was falling apart. Replacing the water pump until 3am on Tuesday and driving to work at 4am was not fun.
With that said, sadly the nova and ltd are disqualified.

Its still looking like a g37 or g35... Maybe an older caddy cts-v with hydraulic e brake hoon handle? Just they are... Ugly.

Its getting closer to trigger pulling time though. Summer, back to school, holidays, BLAMMO VALENTINES DAY.
hopefully the planets align and there is a manual g35/37 sedan available right when I need it?!
If you can keep waiting, the new Genesis G70 will come in a manual.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

hmmm...

reports saying mid $30k range. for a turbo 4 cyl in manual... hmmm...
supposed to drop any day now. "summer 2018"

and yes, i can wait. in fact, i have no choice but to wait as my lease doesn't expire until feb 2019. plenty of time to go test drive this g70... ;)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

guys...

GUYS!!!

i fount it.
[img]https://file.kbb.com/kbb/vehicleimage/housenew/480x360/2002/2002-bmw-m5-frontside_bmm5-021.jpg[/img
E39 M5
yes most are over 100k miles but most still run great (minor VANOS issues aside) and can be had around $15k and easier to find than a manual G37. barely.

convince me im wrong?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

guys...

GUYS!!!

i found it.

E39 M5
yes most are over 100k miles but most still run great (minor VANOS issues aside) and can be had around $15k and easier to find than a manual G37. barely. also not complaining about 400hp

convince me im wrong?

RWD sedan with MANUAL trans - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a MOA 1:1 sedan! infodragon Chit Chat 6 10-10-2014 08:05 PM
Manual trans rant 70ford390 Chit Chat 34 11-12-2012 08:31 AM
new Bugatti family sedan STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 23 08-27-2012 02:33 PM
Manual or automatic Trans? slobin3d Chit Chat 55 12-14-2011 06:12 AM