Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Any minitruckers among us?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #1

Default Any minitruckers among us?

Is there anyone else thats into minitruck genre? Ive built quite a few over the years. I havent done much of it lately cause life gets in the way but I still enjoy it

here is my turd! I started building a reg cab for my wife but never finished it. It just sets in our garage gathering dust.

Phoenixfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Any minitruckers among us?

Damn, that's clean
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:09 AM   #3

That’s what it looked like in its prime... it’s lookin rough these days but it’s on the project list!! Lol

This and 1:1 rock crawling has been my main hobbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #4

That's really low. Looks good, though.
nictical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have 2 toyotas that mostly qualify I guess. 90 standard cab autocross truck that's dumped in the weeds static. Mini notch out back but it needs a bigger notch and higher fender wells so it doesn't bottom out and go infinite spring rate.

92 x cab with a flat bed. It's lowered 3" via torsion bars and blocks but I'm considering putting it on bags if I don't go full retard and do 05+ sthuperduties/links & coilovers/aw4/atlas 4 speed first.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I have 2 toyotas that mostly qualify I guess. 90 standard cab autocross truck that's dumped in the weeds static. Mini notch out back but it needs a bigger notch and higher fender wells so it doesn't bottom out and go infinite spring rate.

92 x cab with a flat bed. It's lowered 3" via torsion bars and blocks but I'm considering putting it on bags if I don't go full retard and do 05+ sthuperduties/links & coilovers/aw4/atlas 4 speed first.

I always wanted to build a autocross setup but i never got around to it. maybe one of these days ill get the motivation to do something crazy..

I have a linked and stretched samurai that is my rock buggy so i dont see anything wrong with the full retard plan!! lol
Old 03-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfabworx View Post
I always wanted to build a autocross setup but i never got around to it. maybe one of these days ill get the motivation to do something crazy..

I have a linked and stretched samurai that is my rock buggy so i dont see anything wrong with the full retard plan!! lol

The autocross truck is a riot. Will it hang with miatas? No. Will it beat up on most anything else with similar power? Hell yes.

1 ton torsion bars and sway bar, kyb monomax shocks and 240 wear tires is a great start. I also did a 9 lb flywheel and ceramic clutch with a 38/38 weber with an LCE header but that's not required for fun.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
The autocross truck is a riot. Will it hang with miatas? No. Will it beat up on most anything else with similar power? Hell yes.

1 ton torsion bars and sway bar, kyb monomax shocks and 240 wear tires is a great start. I also did a 9 lb flywheel and ceramic clutch with a 38/38 weber with an LCE header but that's not required for fun.
Are your I familiar with the guy in NY that autocrosses a Nissan Hardbody? Would be cool to see your yota and his D21 head to head! Minis can be impressive in autocross!

Not sure if I've posted here for a while. I'm still in the mini game. Got a 86.5 Nissan Hardbody single cab, short box 4wd. It's now on 31s, has long tubes, mild cams and a JDM VG33 V6. Only makes an extra 40hp and 40ftlbs over factory! Currently looking for a donor Frontier with a supercharger to MPFI swap it and supercharge. I'm rocking a 6 puck ceramic clutch and a stupid heavy flywheel. Didn't weigh it but it's like picking up a sack of dog food. The 29lb out of my Audi felt a lot lighter. The truck doesn't rev quickly but it sure does have low end torque!

I've got a line on what might be my next project. An 84 Datsun 2wd on air. Motor is quite tired so it might get a turbo Kubota V2203 diesel as I have a buddy that'll give me one if I get the truck. Been waiting on the world to go less insane and DMV to start doing something before I get the truck. I'm thinking 250-300ftlbs in a tiny 2wd with a 5 speed would be a riot!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote

Any minitruckers among us? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any minitruckers? Need some advice. spookyseven Chit Chat 8 01-30-2008 05:37 PM
callin all lowrider/minitruckers out there.. mudhunter Chit Chat 29 08-07-2007 10:16 AM