RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1:1 Full Size Vehicles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/)
-   -   Attention!!!!! Colorado Wheelers!!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/87056-attention-colorado-wheelers.html)

DirkDigler 10-02-2007 09:50 PM

Attention!!!!! Colorado Wheelers!!!!

We are about to lose a great trail to the bunny thumpers.

Carnage Canyon (Boulder) is going to be closed.
Boulder County money was set aside to pay for cable and fence posts and the purchase was made. Only a few more approvals and Carnage Canyon will be closed for ever.
The date scheduled for the area to be closed off is in early Spring 2008.
I am currently trying to get more information as to who to speak with in order to fight this crap.
I think it is too late. If it is, we should all get together and give the trail a fair well run before winter hits.
In the mean time, let me know if any of you have some connections in the area to help fight this closure.

DD

BENDER 10-02-2007 09:58 PM

That sucks, but I knew it was coming. The mountain of trash left behind by people shooting their guns gets affiliated with us automatically. Even though they aren't the ones that wheel the trail. We should definitely hit it up a few more times before they close it.

DirkDigler 10-02-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENDER (Post 868992)
That sucks, but I knew it was coming. The mountain of trash left behind by people shooting their guns gets affiliated with us automatically. Even though they aren't the ones that wheel the trail. We should definitely hit it up a few more times before they close it.

I'm going to fight it first.
I'll keep you all posted on what happens.

bastard 10-02-2007 10:03 PM

Before winter. Shaat winter snow runs at night are the best there. The carnage crew used to run it in the dark with out lights in the snow. I am in as long as it is full contact like the old days."thumbsup"

As far as it being closed it don't suprise me and it isn't the first time I have heard this.

DirkDigler 10-02-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastard (Post 869006)
Before winter. Shaat winter snow runs at night are the best there. The carnage crew used to run it in the dark with out lights in the snow. I am in as long as it is full contact like the old days."thumbsup"

As far as it being closed it don't suprise me and it isn't the first time I have heard this.

We'll bring blind folds too.:lol:....and drive with our feet.:lol:

Seriously though.....I've heard it a million times too but this is the first time a requisition for money was made to buy the fencing. It was approved and purchased. It's never gotten this far and I think it's gone. But who knows.....it might all be a bust.
I'll find out more this week.

STEW<CO> 10-02-2007 10:07 PM

The government and the tree huggers will have all the land to themselves if the clubs and pieholes like me don't do anything about it. Let us know if you need sigs or participation."thumbsup"

bastard 10-02-2007 10:08 PM

Cool keep us posted! Hopfuly they are just closing some sections so people stay on the trail like they did a few years back.

DirkDigler 10-02-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastard (Post 869017)
Cool keep us posted! Hopfuly they are just closing some sections so people stay on the trail like they did a few years back.

I guess what caused the uproar is that some red neck went in there and cut down some trees, trying to make his own little rock course. He really fuked it all up. He made a whole new trail.
:lol:hmmmm....I wonder how good his trail is?:lol::x

STEW<CO> 10-02-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 869021)
I guess what caused the uproar is that some red neck went in there and cut down some trees, trying to make his own little rock course. He really fuked it all up. He made a whole new trail.
:lol:hmmmm....I wonder how good his trail is?:lol::x

Hmmm, I wonder who the redneck was, Diiirrrkkk?

slobin3d 10-02-2007 10:16 PM

i guess the phrase "tread lightly" is lost on some people.... then we wonder where tree huggers get their ammo for crap like that:roll:

STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER 10-02-2007 10:22 PM

good luck with your fight guys!!

us over on the east coast feel your pain, we lost Paragon this year....

suspekAE 10-02-2007 10:25 PM

it was only a matter of time before they closed it, but I'm down for the last run....as long as it's on a Sunday

jason 10-02-2007 10:32 PM

Dirk, you sure something like THIS isn't what you are talking about?

You have a link where we can read more?

1BadJeepBruiser 10-03-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER (Post 869050)
good luck with your fight guys!!

us over on the east coast feel your pain, we lost Paragon this year....

yea that totally sucked:roll:, paragon was awesome... I love how they screwed them out of there lease...fawkin BS :evil:

jason 10-03-2007 08:55 AM

Dirk, you got misinformation here is what my source has to say about it.

The only post and cable that was purchased was for the last project to close off the "upper lower creek" above the big tree above Carnage.
The deal was that Carnage cannot close until the new route was opened. I know the grant is currently being written for the new route, and the route has changed since its original inception this spring.
There have been no exact closure dates given by the BRD, however the Forest Supervisor is pushing for the BRD to do something about the trail - i.e. close it. The post and cable are not for closing Carnage, it was for the "upper lower creek closure".

So yes in the long run, like we all knew it will be closed, but the posts and cable you are talking about are just to help keep people on the trails.

DirkDigler 10-03-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 869331)
Dirk, you got misinformation here is what my source has to say about it.

The only post and cable that was purchased was for the last project to close off the "upper lower creek" above the big tree above Carnage.
The deal was that Carnage cannot close until the new route was opened. I know the grant is currently being written for the new route, and the route has changed since its original inception this spring.
There have been no exact closure dates given by the BRD, however the Forest Supervisor is pushing for the BRD to do something about the trail - i.e. close it. The post and cable are not for closing Carnage, it was for the "upper lower creek closure".

So yes in the long run, like we all knew it will be closed, but the posts and cable you are talking about are just to help keep people on the trails.

Yeah..I saw that report.
What I was told is that they are very close to getting approval for total closure of the trail. I was misinformed that the cables were to be used to close the trail completely though. It sounds as if the materials were, in fact, to keep people on the trail.
I would imagine that the cables and posts is "our last chance". Sounds like it is "our" trial period to see if people will respect the boundries. I'll bet if guys start going around the cables, it will close for sure.

racerx 10-03-2007 12:52 PM

I have not been back to this spot for probably 7 or 8 years and the day I was last there we were driving back on the trail after some shooters let us go buy and we were up the trail behind were everyone shoots into the bank and I could hear bullets wizzing through the damn trees!! I started honking the horn but they didn't care, so I emtied the .45 ( two magazines) into the dirt near me as fast as I could..... that stopped them! Never been back since. If they are going to close it, it should be closed for shooting since they like to haul all kinds of krap up there shoot the hell out of it then get in their trucks and leave. I was part of a clean up there one time and we hauled 2 cars out, several engine blocks,refrigerators, washer/ dryers and 40 or 50 bags of trash a large portion of which was shotgun shells, ammo boxes, milk jugs and more brass than you can imagine! It makes me sick to see a**holes drive off a trail when they know that it is on the verge of being closed forever but the littering and general disregard for nature makes me furious!! I have enjoyed the wonderfull places in Colorado that God has given us and will continue to do so but more and more trash is being seen wherever I go and it is no wonder the tree huggers want to keep us out! One soda can or burrito wrapper on the ground in the forrest (must have come from those damn 4wheelers) is all it takes for them to get upset and fighting for closures. I have seen people just toss shiat out the window on highways too! COME ON PEOPLE keep your trash in your damn vehicles!! The outdoors are not a trash can!!
Ok, I think I'm done. So if we are gonna do this I am going to want a ride I don't think my yota on 31's and a slippy clutch is up for it!:lol:

STEW<CO> 10-04-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx (Post 869540)
I have not been back to this spot for probably 7 or 8 years and the day I was last there we were driving back on the trail after some shooters let us go buy and we were up the trail behind were everyone shoots into the bank and I could hear bullets wizzing through the damn trees!! I started honking the horn but they didn't care, so I emtied the .45 ( two magazines) into the dirt near me as fast as I could..... that stopped them! Never been back since. If they are going to close it, it should be closed for shooting since they like to haul all kinds of krap up there shoot the hell out of it then get in their trucks and leave. I was part of a clean up there one time and we hauled 2 cars out, several engine blocks,refrigerators, washer/ dryers and 40 or 50 bags of trash a large portion of which was shotgun shells, ammo boxes, milk jugs and more brass than you can imagine! It makes me sick to see a**holes drive off a trail when they know that it is on the verge of being closed forever but the littering and general disregard for nature makes me furious!! I have enjoyed the wonderfull places in Colorado that God has given us and will continue to do so but more and more trash is being seen wherever I go and it is no wonder the tree huggers want to keep us out! One soda can or burrito wrapper on the ground in the forrest (must have come from those damn 4wheelers) is all it takes for them to get upset and fighting for closures. I have seen people just toss shiat out the window on highways too! COME ON PEOPLE keep your trash in your damn vehicles!! The outdoors are not a trash can!!
Ok, I think I'm done. So if we are gonna do this I am going to want a ride I don't think my yota on 31's and a slippy clutch is up for it!:lol:

I totally agree with racerx on this subject of trash. At our own comp sites people have a total disregard for their cigarette butts, soda cans, water bottles and trash in general.... I get to the point where I'd like to make them walk out of there with it crammed up their wazoo, maybe next time they would think twice,... probably not!

WheelChair 10-04-2007 01:44 PM

... I noticed people in Moab throwing water bottles and butts all over. :roll:

Ya wanna say something, but then ya don't want to have to punch a guy out either when he responds. :twisted: What do ya do?

All it takes is a few to make MANY look bad. Its terrible.

For the most part, just about every comp I have been to in colorado here, people have picked up after themselves. So that makes me feel good, but theres always someone.

I usually wait for the person to leave and just pick the trash up myself.

Easier then dealing with bail and all that.:lol:

DeaDShorT 10-04-2007 07:23 PM

These people could've used the help about 2 years ago, it's too late for Carnage.

http://www.cohvco.org/

http://www.sharetrails.org/

http://www.orba.biz/

Nuff said, if you don't join and support you shouldn't bitch about it. These are boots on the ground organizations, volunteer for a trail cleanup or maintenance party. The greenies have way more money to pad the politicians pockets and tie up land use issues in litigation through the courts.

YES, I'm ******* *** damn passionate about this issue. I'd like to see my kids and hopefully grandkids be able to use our trails and off-road areas like I've been able to over the past 36 years of my life.

There is no difference to a greenie if you ride dirtbikes, mountainbikes, drive jeeps, 4x4's or EVEN an Rc rockcrawler. In their eyes WE aren't supposed to be there.

Remember...Wilderness = Land of NO Uses

And my favorite...

SIERRA CLUB SUCKS

Rant off.I think I just blew a fuse:lol: