Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1.5" Project "Slickrock Samurai"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

That looks so "cute". Did I just say that,lol! Awesome build man!! Love the orange color. What kinda bumpers are ya putting on it and what are the chances for some interior work seeing how good you are with styrene? Maybe a spare tire carrier too?
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
That's a great lookin scaler. That was a great build with the grill.
Thanks Man - I wanted to do something a little different to set it apart from the other sammys I've seen on here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Good gravy man that is insane looking YOu sure do like playing with styrene dont you Chris.
Outstanding craftmanship as normal Chris, you never seem to let the fans down.

So is THIS one coming my way
Thanks Justin - YES, I seem to like that stuff they call styrene... - We'll see if this one makes it up into Canada, to early to tell.. In the meantime ,you should build one Man- they're SO much fun, and crawl AWESOME..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
very nice sammy you built there. Your grill addresses the one biggest issue I have with lexan bodies-lack of detail. looks stunning what you did.

cheers.
Thanks Pablo, I agree with you, that lexan bodys sometimes suck because of the lack of real detail, and i wanted this thing to stand out...Wait till you see the front bumper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
this is getting harder and harder not to build one of these guys
I think its time you gave it a GO man..! You'll be AMAZED at how well these things CRAWL..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
Grill looks great! im totally stealing your design, hope you dont mind. haha
Thanks Man - Sure thing, give it a try, but heres a bit of advice.. measure 30 times, and then cut once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Grill looks KICKAWESOME!!!! That's right KICKAWESOME!! Color is perfect too.

One thing I started to think about as I added some depth to my sammy ( also someone on scale4x4 pointed it out) instead of the stickers for door handles and latches and such, I should have made them out of styrene and glued them on. It wouldnt be hard at all and since I painted mine on the outside it would have all matched perfect. Of course I thought of it after it was painted and I was applying the stickers. If I do another sammy I will detail the body more before paint! I still might do it and paint the door latches black like some after marker ones or silver like after market ones for Jeeps...

One thing I did and I think looks good was I cut out the soft top windows and made new ones and installed them from the inside. It adds some 3 dimensional factors to the rear of the rig.
Thanks Man..!! LOL - KICKAWESOME is a new one I'd never heard of before..!! I really like the way yours is coming along, and the rear window treatment came out SWEET..! What are you planning for bumpers..? I am going to start on mine VERY soon..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNPY View Post
Man that is nice! .. grill looks great .. radiator looks great .. love the colour choice too .. new rims and tyres are gonna look sweet! .. can't wait for your updates =D
Thanks Man - Glad your diggin' it as much as I'm enjoying building it..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
that turned out nice.

thats a nice RTI ramp too...
Thanks Man - My buddy Mike ( SuperCrawlerFreak on here) made the RTI ramp for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus07 View Post
That looks so "cute". Did I just say that,lol! Awesome build man!! Love the orange color. What kinda bumpers are ya putting on it and what are the chances for some interior work seeing how good you are with styrene? Maybe a spare tire carrier too?

Thanks - Its a "Cute-Ute".. I'm gonna fab up some custom styrene bumpers i think.. Interiors a possibility, we'll see how heavy it gets once the bumpers get built and are on.
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Wow that grill looks awsome!!!!!!! I cant wait to start mine!!!
Zuk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #44
RCC Addict

This thing is really cool. It will fit in nicely with all of your other rigs. Can we get a group photo?

Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

My sacle sami crawler, tlt axles, sami body cut up, etc...
slickrock209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #46

That thing looks awesome. looks a lot like my samurai

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=Newsmall.jpg
slowmotion4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #47
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Looks Great...About how much would it cost me to build one similar to this one..? I'm new to RC world....and I've been wanting a sammy like this for awhile now.

Thanks
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #48

Default about samy

where would u get a body like that? looks sweet tho
79' Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_DaWgZ View Post
Looks Great...About how much would it cost me to build one similar to this one..? I'm new to RC world....and I've been wanting a sammy like this for awhile now.

Thanks
Thanks Man - well, a new Losi MRC is $239.95, the Samurai body was like in the $45-$50 range.., and the L-Trail chassis is about $15.00.. with those 3 items, your off to a great start..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79' Chevy View Post
where would u get a body like that? looks sweet tho
I got mine from an online store from here, but they don't seem to have them in stock anywhere at the moment...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #50
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Thanks Man - well, a new Losi MRC is $239.95, the Samurai body was like in the $45-$50 range.., and the L-Trail chassis is about $15.00.. with those 3 items, your off to a great start..
I got mine from an online store from here, but they don't seem to have them in stock anywhere at the moment...

Thanks alot...for the info and the help...

Now I have a new project to think about for next winter....after my wrenchin' is done on my 1:1...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Hey Guys - I got those "New" sneakers in the mail yesterday, and couldn't WAIT to get them installed..!! They are RC4WD's Black aluminum wagon wheels, and 1.9" Prowler tires.

These wheels and tires look incredible..!!! I put them on the Sammy, and went out and hit the rocks for a test run..

However...after REALLY thinking about it - something just wasn't working about them for me ..... These wagon wheels would look KILLER on a Hilux, or any other 'bigger" size truck running 1.9"s, BUT on the sammy, they just look WAY too big for some reason. They remind me of a skateboard on 24" "Dubs" .

Then there was the fact that even though the Prowlers are SUPER scale looking, they just don't have the traction i was hoping for.. ( the stock losi tires had more bite then them..)

And my LAST concern was the backspacing on the rims was too shallow, so the overall track width was much to skinny for my liking.., So I started thinking about the alternatives...

Then ,( in my opinion) after a bit of thinking - I came up with the perfect solution..

I ended up using the original plan Integy aluminum wheels ( with the 10mm widners) and a Brand new set of 1.9" Mud slingers..

Now its got everything the old set-up lacked.., The wider stance is MUCH better now, It still looks cool, and now it will also have PLENTY of traction..!!

No pics yet, but I also began building the front bumper tonight as well.. More to come soon..
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #52
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Looks Awesome...

Those look like they'll hook up really good too!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Looks great. But i think reduced crushers on 1.5's would look even better.:-P
Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #54

Aww man .. Too bad about the first combo cause that look was killer .. I do still like the Integys though .. Maybe spray them black or something??
SNPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

IDK that the new wheels look any smaller IMO but both sets of wheels/tires look pretty cool on there.

I agree some 1.5's would be more appropriate.

Very nice detail on the rig though. Looks great!

Jon
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Thanks for the input guys..

I too liked the look of the black wagon wheels, but with thier backspacing they just made the truck too narrow. I also thought about some 1.5" wheels,( which may come in the future..) but i think I am just going to run what I have on there for now..

I actually took it out for another "test-run" on the rocks and in the loose dirt tonight, and I'll tell you what - theres a NIGHT and DAY difference between now and the old set-up.. This thing crawls 2000% better with the tad wider stance and with the Mud Slingers than it ever had before .

Its simple - you point it where you want it, and gently squeeze the trigger, and it just GOES..!!! This things a Mini-Mt.goat..!!

I will get some bumper pics up this weekend..!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Hhhmmmm..... well I think i JUST got lucky... I actually JUST bought the proper solution for the problem I was having with this truck .. These are a set of RC4WD 1.9" Tomahawks reduced to 1.7" on Subaru Brat beadlock wheels... These will look "Correct" under the sammy..! I can't wait to get them on the truck.!!

Old 03-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #58
WOOPOOW!!

Gotta love it man!!! keep the pics commin
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Hey Chris, yet another saweet build bro, can you do me a favor ? i sold the cc-01 already lol and im looking to put mrc's under the Liberty, The favor i need is whats the track width to the outside of the wheels with those integys on the 10mm offset ?
Thanks man !! Josh.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #60
'08 2.2 National Champ

They looked good on my Blazer

Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/166762-1-5-project-slickrock-samurai.html
Posted By For Type Date
New Bright Jeep Body This thread Pingback 02-21-2013 11:51 PM
Samurai cabrio scaler su base minilosi NUOVO PREZZO - Pagina 5 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 02-16-2013 03:49 AM