Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1.5" Project "Slickrock Samurai"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalerLover View Post
Hey Chris, yet another saweet build bro, can you do me a favor ? i sold the cc-01 already lol and im looking to put mrc's under the Liberty, The favor i need is whats the track width to the outside of the wheels with those integys on the 10mm offset ?
Thanks man !! Josh.
Thanks Man..!! with the wheels/tires pictured, with the 10mm offset-from the outermost lug to the other outermost lug the overall measurment is exactly 7-1/4" Can't wait to see the Liberty with some MRC axles under it..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
They looked good on my Blazer

Hell Yeah Zach, I can't wait to get them on the sammy..!! Thanks again for building them the way you did - they are exactly what i was needing for this truck..!!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #62
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Hell Yeah Zach, I can't wait to get them on the sammy..!! Thanks again for building them the way you did - they are exactly what i was needing for this truck..!!
Well I'm glad someone will put them to good use. They really are cool looking. The wheels could use paint if you ask me but at the same time they look pretty good white.

You'll have them in just a few days
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
No idea what I'm doing

The best part about your builds Chris, is I don't have to read through it all before I vote........everything you do is 5 stars .
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #64
RCC Addict

LOL - Thanks C*H*U*D..!!

Well, This weekends task was to make a cool looking front bumper that would house the 3Racing winch I got for the Sammy.. I wanted to make something small and lightweight yet "scale" looking for the truck..I just started off by sketching a few designs on styrene, and basically built it on the fly..

Heres the starting sketch....

Instead of having the winch just sit on TOP of the bumper, I wanted it to take it a step further and I sunk the winch mount plate down into the bumper so the winch would sit down lower.. Heres the first few steps in making that happen..again, measure 4 times, cut once..

Next step was to make the front mounting plate that the roller fairlead will come thru.

Then it was time to make the lower half of the bumper plates. Here is mock-up against the body.. now i needed to figure out how to actually mount it to the trucks chassis..its starting to look like something now..

I ended up making an aluminum "L" bracket that will directly tie the actual winch to the front of the chassis, so it will hold and pull the weight of the truck, and not PULL the bumper clean off the truck..

Here it is again at the last mock-up stage. I added the end caps, and some clevis mounts to the front, then rounded ALL of corners on the bumper.. I also made clearance for the winch wires IN the top bumper plate on the passenger side, because once completed the body and bumper will almost touch..- yeah, its that tight of a fit..

Here we are after final prep and paint, and the installation of the winch..( now you can also see the lower "L" mounting bracket )

And, here it is ALL completed and installed on the truck.. Just need to finish wiring the winch, get a "real" winch HOOK and also get some "D" shackles, then I can call the front end "done"..!

you can also see in the pic below, i added windshield wipers too

Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Beautiful. Stunning work as normal Chris. That bumper looks great on the Sammy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, your one hell of a builder

How do you mange to work on these projects all the time. what does your lady say?
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #66
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Man...that looks great. You've got me wanting to quit working on my Real Samurai 1:1 that's in the garage.....because I want to build one like this so bad ! That alone is an accomplishment...cause it's hard to get me out of the garage...LOL

Looks Awesome
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #67

Oohh snap! .. that is hot .. very nice work mate .. I'm gonna go and get a second job so I can build one myself!
SNPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Well, I recieved my wheel and tire package in the mail today from "Just Zach" and I gotta say that these were the element that was "missing" from this build the whole time..!! ( Thanks again Zach, they look AWESOME..!! )

Heres the "new" vs. "old" set-up, the rim diamater is what was making the Integy's just not look "scale" to me, these new wagon wheels look 1000% better IMO..!

SO -after making some custom wheel mounting washers, and using some aluminum wheel widners, I got them all mounted up- This is the look this thing was meant to have..!!

The "new" articulation shot..

I also made this custom mounting plate that rests above the rear shock towers inside the body for all that "extra" scale stuff that any wheeler' needs to have on hand..! .. Next up is the rear bumper, and spare tire carrier..! StayTuned..

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 04-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

That looks spot on now.

Good work as usual.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #70
Built, not bought

Much better with the new wheels and tires.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #71
RCC Addict

that is one badass Sami Chris... killer job dude
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!!! Absolutly amazing work!!! Tires and wheels, and bumper= TOP NOTCH!!!!!!
Zuk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #73
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Wheels are looking more scale now....nice.

Love the fuel cell, hi-lift, tow strap, magazines and other accessories..

I have some 1-3/8" hard plastic rims on a little tonka jeep...I wonder if a guy could cut the hard tonka tires off of those and turn the excess and the backsides down to make them work?

I wonder what scale they'd be?

Hmmmm......
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

What size wideners did you go with? and do you have a pic from straight on to see how wide the stance is?

Looking great man. The Brat wagon wheels are sweet! Are you going to paint the screw heads on the wheels white to "hide" them?
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #75
'08 2.2 National Champ

Those just made that truck! Now I want them back, along with the Sami
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Sweet Sammy. Looks alot better with the new tires
atvdude775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Thanks for the compliments guys..I'm SO Glad I got these from Zach, they worked out PERFECT..! I had some time this afternoon to get it outside with the new wheel and tire setup to try them out on the rocks and trails..Heres some pics from today..

Well- I gotta say these new sneakers performed as great as they look..! They hook up great on most all surfaces, they stuff up nice and tight in the wheel wells, and also clean out nicely after getting clogged with loose dirt.. Oh- and to answer eddievedder's questions, I'm using 3/4" aluminum spacers, and I DID paint the black beadlock bolts white ( and I agree, they look MUCH better now man..! see below) More to come soon- Thanks for watching..!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #78
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

WOW....some of those pics were the kind where you have to do a double take to look at the chassis to make sure it's not a 1:1 Samurai !

Showed them to a buddy who stopped over and he said..."that's a sweet Sammy....you thinkin' about buying it ?"

He bout freaked when I told him it was an RC truck....
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

The white bolts look much better, I always wondered if that's what made those look a little "off"
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #80

I think it's a little bit too wide, but very nice Samurai over all. Though I'm a Land Cruiser guy, few of my friends have Suzukis, and I'm thinkin about a RC one.
TLCfan is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/166762-1-5-project-slickrock-samurai.html
Posted By For Type Date
New Bright Jeep Body This thread Pingback 02-21-2013 11:51 PM
Samurai cabrio scaler su base minilosi NUOVO PREZZO - Pagina 5 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 02-16-2013 03:49 AM