Default Xj

Sweet rig looks like my old one.
http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=DSC00162.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...y/DSC00161.jpg
JWEIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Well I added my Scaleoffroad Warn winch and I drove this bad boy for 45 minutes the other day. I just love it!

OK here is my poll.

I would like to add a roof rack, for a few reasons, one being to protect the roof a bit if it rolls over, but also I think it looks a bit plain without one. Though I dont think it looks bad with out one, I just want to add "something". So I have this Dinky roof rack.

What do you guys think? I took several pics from different angles. I do like it but I am just not sure. I want to be 100% before I mount it to this $$$body$$$$

Or.... No roof rack???

Or.... Roof rack, but just NOT the Dinky roof rack?
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Roof rack looks good and it gives you a place to add lights if you ever want too. The only downfall is that it will make it more top heavy and hinder performance. Good luck either way, rig looks good
JWEIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

I've never been a fan of roof racks on Cherokees. What about more of a stock rail setup?
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEIMER View Post
Roof rack looks good and it gives you a place to add lights if you ever want too. The only downfall is that it will make it more top heavy and hinder performance. Good luck either way, rig looks good
Yeah I am actually coming up with a different rail system. More stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
I've never been a fan of roof racks on Cherokees. What about more of a stock rail setup?
Thanks buddy. Yeah I think it is too big. Coming up with a simple stock rail system.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

sweet xj bob!
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bronco View Post
sweet xj bob!
Thanks for your input Brett
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #108
RCC Addict

To me,that rack is to mush,like you say,just a couple of roof rails would be better.
Love the cherokee tho.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #109
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Thanks for your input Brett

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Dude the towrig...shoot... everything is badass!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #111
Rock Stacker

both rigs are sick, do you have a build thread or at least a photo shoot of the superduty tow pig?
dealwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Dude the towrig...shoot... everything is badass!
Haha thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealwithit View Post
both rigs are sick, do you have a build thread or at least a photo shoot of the superduty tow pig?
No but I will try to post some more pics of it
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

What a beast! I like it better with the roof rack, maybe a tube rack would look more scale
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

So what's going on with this beauty?
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project: Cloverfield 049

I was dusting this one off the other day and figured id do an update of what it looks like now.

I added a small "stock looking" roof rack. I scored another set of 1.55 classics so I can start the trailer build for this rig. Since there were only around 50 of these produced, I don't plan on wheeling it hard so I figured Id go the direction of an overland type rig with trailer.

I also scored a little 1/64th scale "mini me" for it.

Pretty dope

Once I start the trailer, ill keep this rig more updated.

Here are a few pics of its 1st ever run…
This was prob a few years ago.
Much XJ

Old 01-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #116
Sinking with the ship

Bob do you still have the dually ?? That thing was sweet. Nice find on the old pics of it wheeling in the mini paragon.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 AM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Bob do you still have the dually ?? That thing was sweet. Nice find on the old pics of it wheeling in the mini paragon.
Dually is gone. I miss that rig. It was one of the coolest Id ever owned.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #118
Coral Crawler

HI BOB!! Hope you've been doing well since we last spoke. Man that looks nice and shiny. I see you are #49. Near the end of what was an amazing run of a truly amazing scale rig. I am #31 and equally clean lol. Scared to run that thing too much especially with the original roof rack and the way it's scale mounted. I picked up DonPero's yellow one years ago and thanks to our wonderful USPS system it's either still somewhere in a dusty box in some warehouse like the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark or wound up being some postal employee's five year old kids bash up toy. Tracking was lost at the USPS hub in Georgia never to be seen again. Jackasses. You, Mike, anyone else know what every became of Stefan. Heard health issue stories, Jeep copyright issues all kinds of gossip. Keep meaning to see if his email is still up and working but just never have. I got the first gen with Robbe axels, would love to have gotten hold of a gen 2. Can't wait to see more pics. Hope you and the family have been doing well.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:28 PM   #119
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
HI BOB!! Hope you've been doing well since we last spoke. Man that looks nice and shiny. I see you are #49. Near the end of what was an amazing run of a truly amazing scale rig. I am #31 and equally clean lol. Scared to run that thing too much especially with the original roof rack and the way it's scale mounted. I picked up DonPero's yellow one years ago and thanks to our wonderful USPS system it's either still somewhere in a dusty box in some warehouse like the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark or wound up being some postal employee's five year old kids bash up toy. Tracking was lost at the USPS hub in Georgia never to be seen again. Jackasses. You, Mike, anyone else know what every became of Stefan. Heard health issue stories, Jeep copyright issues all kinds of gossip. Keep meaning to see if his email is still up and working but just never have. I got the first gen with Robbe axels, would love to have gotten hold of a gen 2. Can't wait to see more pics. Hope you and the family have been doing well.
As far as I know there was health issues. Originally it was health issues with his wife I believe and then later himself... Sad really, he was quite the modeler. I was always hoping his fj40 was gonna make it to production. I heard similar rumors through my contacts at RC4WD about his health so that is all I can assume of the whole situation.

How's my atomic toy doing ? I miss that thing
Old 02-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post

Hello my friend. All is well over here and I hope you and your family are doing well. Yeah I heard that same rumors about Stephan. It is sad that no one knows for sure. He had such passion with his models and scale parts. As for your DonPero Jeep, That is awful. My Jeep was lost for 2 months in the mail but finally showed up. I wonder how many Gen 2s Stephan made. I think it was only the last few. It is a great set up and wheels very accurate to a 1.1 XJ. Though it doesn't break down as often!