Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mr. Ed's Suzuki Samurai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
I would say that it is twice as cool as mine! It would look even better if you took a fine point sharpie or such and did the door lines. Wicked cool Sammy!
I actually got that done and fixed up a couple other details, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Project YJ told me to tell Sammy that the wheels look great.

Major props to you buddie! I LOVE the rims they really set the truck off! Thanks for all the hard work you did on them!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I got the body lines done, I used the fine tip sharpie. I also got the rest of the stickers put on, I gotta say this body has a great sticker sheet! I finished up the hood mounts also. Now I need to get the shocks built and electronics mounted. So here's the pictures.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #23
RCC Addict

NOW....thats what i'm talking about ED she's looking beautiful. nice work and the body lines really made a big diff. and that lil special touch on the lights/body mounts looks sweet i like that..i hope to have my 1.55 ready by the 20th
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

That's a bad ass little rig...clean and simple.

Nicely executed
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

this thing is tight!!
reminds me of one i saw out in ocotillo
Nick Slemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
I joined the Band!

great job! thats awesome
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
NOW....thats what i'm talking about ED she's looking beautiful. nice work and the body lines really made a big diff. and that lil special touch on the lights/body mounts looks sweet i like that..i hope to have my 1.55 ready by the 20th
Thanks bud! I love the lights too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
That's a bad ass little rig...clean and simple.

Nicely executed
I made some mistakes along the way but who hasn't right?...Thanks and glad you dig it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Slemp View Post
this thing is tight!!
reminds me of one i saw out in ocotillo
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinnTN View Post
great job! thats awesome
Theres alot I want to do to this truck, but now I'm focused on getting her crawlin..Thanks bud!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #28

It looks mean. Looks good!
Q63tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Got her up and running but my old MRC radio is crappin out on me...my steering is really twitchy.

Had a hell of a time building my shocks, 1st 2 went like clock work then I got to the 3rd and just couldn't get it right Took about hour and half to figure out that HR didn't drill a hole in the piston like all the other shocks...guess I should have checked for that sooner

Went through the truck and lock tighted all the bolts and nuts so she is ready to go a week early for my trail run Sunday.

I had a bunch of extra time this week...got sick thursday and my doctor sent me to the er...she thoough I had menegitus...luckly not but they still gave me a spinal tap...OUCH!!!!!! I have to go back to work tomorrow and this weekend I'll post up some action pictures
Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Are u bringing her out to the Dam Sunday Mr.Edro
Old 03-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #31
RCC Addict

So i got my 1st run on today along with a few new scratches....I am sooo happy with how it performed I do need to change the foams those tire even though they are the x3 compound they are still stiff. probally need to add some weight to the front tires also. It was so much fun to try and drive without rollin it over...much harder then point and shoot like my Honcho. I also enjoyed my new dx3e for the sammi...LOVE that radio!

note to self....torque ALL lug nuts before trail ride

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 05-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Very nice little trail rig! I dig it.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Very nice! Simple and well executed. Curved tube fenders can be difficult.
I'm suspect of a 4" or 5" pipe coming into play there...?
Thanks for the product spotlight with the MRC "4-link-bit"!
Lookin' sharp! How's it handle?
muddauber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q63tactical View Post
It looks mean. Looks good!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
Are u bringing her out to the Dam Sunday Mr.Edro
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcarter View Post
Very nice little trail rig! I dig it.
Thanks, there's alot more to be done but I'm gonna enjoy wheelin it for now.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddauber7 View Post
Very nice! Simple and well executed. Curved tube fenders can be difficult.
I'm suspect of a 4" or 5" pipe coming into play there...?
Thanks for the product spotlight with the MRC "4-link-bit"!
Lookin' sharp! How's it handle?
Nope, No pipe was used that was done with a break line bender to start and then the rest was done by hand, I think my thumbs are still sore

Thanks for getting me the 4 link mounts they work great. I copied my Kamikaze Mini Zero chassis but didn't want to use normal 4 link plates but ya'll solved that for me. I have very minimal torque twist. I'm pretty sure any fall backs on performance is due to tire foams, front weight may not be enough, and I may have made my stinger poke out to far which hurts my approach angle. I need to tune on it some more but it's very close to what I was hopeing for. I kinda wish the 4 link mounts were solid steel that would be some good low center of gravity weight added to the axles If you guys at Dinky Rc come out with any more MRC goodies for scale let me know, be glad to pimp your stuff!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Well started to work some on the tire/foam set up. I'm ditchin the factory foams and made some of my signature "Fuggly Foams". I also noticed that inside the sidewall of the tire they have these ridges that stiffin up the sidewall. So that has to go, I got 1 tire done, it takes a while to do it useing cutical curved sissors. It really softened up the sidewall so I'm hopeing to get some more flex out of them. Gonna add some weight to the front rims too. I'm hopeing that with the softer foams, softened sidewalls, and a little extra fat should really help this guy get the job done.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #37
RCC Addict

those cutical cutters works great for removing lugs and such. so did you find out who loosened ur lugs nuts lol...i'd take her back to pep boys and demand a refund lol..keep up the good work ed, she's a beauty in person guys ..simply sweeeeeettttt
Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #38
RCC Addict

So I've been doing some work and I got my Thrashers softened up. Keep in mind this rig is light, I don't know the weight but it's a feather weight compared to my Honco.

1st up.....make new foams...go ahead and laugh....I know they are fuggly...but they work really well for me. 3 bucks and Joanns fabrick and some spray glue. Nice and soft, but Effin FUGGLY!

2nd up....cut all the side wall bracing out of the inside of the tire. This really made them squish up good.

3rd...this is a photo of stock Mud thrasher with ribs still in tact, along with the rc4wd stock foam. Note the amount of lugs touching the ground.

4th...this is my modded Mud Thasher with no ribs, and my Signature Fuggly FoamsNote the amount of lugs touchin the ground now.

I haven't had the opportunity to test but with that contact patch it's gotta be good.

I don't think the x3 for the thrashers is the same as the boggers/ rok loks anybody else think that the compounds feel different? I posted this question in the wheel and tire section but no reply for a couple weeks hopefully some ya'll will know.

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 05-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Wow, not sure how I missed this build, but that's a killer little samurai you've got there. Any plans for an interior? Great job on the metal work also
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
Wow, not sure how I missed this build, but that's a killer little samurai you've got there. Any plans for an interior? Great job on the metal work also

thanks!, Yes I do plan on a interior, I kinda been tuneing on this rig trying to get the most performace out of it. Basically have some fun, then put it back in the shop for a roll cage, and seats.