Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mr. Ed's Suzuki Samurai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Finally finished the tires and went out on my test rock course at my house. The changes really brought these tires to life. I took one particular line that was NOT happening on the old set up, and made it 4 times with ease. I really dig it when a mod or a change in set up really makes a impact on performance especially if it was a ROYAL pain in the A$$ to do.

I did find out that I forgot to tighten the motor screws during the build and spun the teeth off my spur gear Glad I had a spare in the ole tool box
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Nice!! This has gotta be one one of the nicest samurais out! Good work on the tire problem. You got any pictures of the specific spot your talkin about? Keep up the good work!
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteadily View Post
Nice!! This has gotta be one one of the nicest samurais out! Good work on the tire problem. You got any pictures of the specific spot your talkin about? Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the compliment but I believe there are some better builds then mine, but I'm tryin

I read your email at work to day and was going to shoot some pictures when I got home....by the time I got a second to go do it my 7 year old daughter and her friends were building castles with my rock pile It was such a sweet line the kind you dont believe it when you make it...oh well I got a big Ride and GTG comeing up april 30th @ Green River KY, and I'll get some good pictures there. I plan to run her HARD!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Thanks for the compliment but I believe there are some better builds then mine, but I'm tryin

I read your email at work to day and was going to shoot some pictures when I got home....by the time I got a second to go do it my 7 year old daughter and her friends were building castles with my rock pile It was such a sweet line the kind you dont believe it when you make it...oh well I got a big Ride and GTG comeing up april 30th @ Green River KY, and I'll get some good pictures there. I plan to run her HARD!
Ahhhhaha nice lol well can't wait for the pictures of the gtg!
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Kathleen's Bronco is runnin and runnin well man, I was hopin you would run the Sammi for a while so she would have someone to crawl with. Ill run the TrailCourier while yall are runnin the Bronco and Sammi! Im lookin forward to Green River, gonna be a blast.
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #46
RCC Addict

The wife hasn't let me go play for a while but luckily the family came over and the kids wanting to drive Uncle Ed's cool trucks So I got the sammi out on some bigger more complicated rocks and the tires really shinned today. I'd be bold enough to say they performed as well as my Rok Loks did. I did notice a twinge of the dreaded TOrque twist I should be able to dial it out with shock tunning or maybe add a little weight to the front tire. I'm hopeing to find a spare 1.5 rim on the classified section so i can start building a spare tire rack.

Anybody who run's the thrashers I STRONGLY suggest cutting the ribs. You won't be sorry, well worth the time and fustration
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Well I got to go out and REALLY drive this bad boy and BAD it is! This thing did SOOO much better then I thought it would. I was following the big rigs to a extent of course but I did not have to take bunny lines to get threw. I gave this truck no mercy and drove it like I knew how to fix it and had the parts to do it I had so much fun driving this can't wait to get it out again.

I do need to replace a shock spring retainer that is now MIA And some more lock tight is needed. other than that no breakage!

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 05-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Here's some of the my More Favorite pictures, I'm still trying to get better with my camera. I'm useing a Nikon D40 slr, I have Lots of options but knowing how to use them is another story Anyway I hope you guys like these.

And my Favorite

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 05-07-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Here's a couple more...

The Snakes at this crawlin spot are HUGE

My new bumper sticker Just incase anyone needs help

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 05-01-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Love it man...was a GREAT time for sure. Cant wait to see it out again and I know you will be wheelin it more after how well it did last time out!!!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

By far the best looking mini I have ever seen. Great work Mr. Ed. Nice action shots BTW.
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
Love it man...was a GREAT time for sure. Cant wait to see it out again and I know you will be wheelin it more after how well it did last time out!!!
Matt
Yes this rig will get several more beatings I'm startingto get excited to do more to it now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechevytuber View Post
By far the best looking mini I have ever seen. Great work Mr. Ed. Nice action shots BTW.
Thanks man! I get a little better at building rigs every time, Still got a long way to go. I have a another build fixin to start soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Looks great!
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Looking awesome Ed! That is a sweet mini sami. One day I will add one of those to my stable.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
Looking awesome Ed! That is a sweet mini sami. One day I will add one of those to my stable.

I've been inspired by your rear Bumper on your tracker and I see my hacked up getto version of it being built soon
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Well been too busy driving the piss out of this rig and Lovin every dent and scratch! I talked to a buddy of mine and he came up with a spare tire carrier for it so I gave him my truck and he Hooked me up!

I need to get a matching tire but this will have to do for now. I got a jerry can that I need to fab up a mount for to put on the carrier.

I can't get over how much fun this truck is to drive. Now it's even more of a challenge with the loss of my rear departure angle but it's still cool to drive like it's a real 1:1.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Cool spare mount Ed
I have got to get one of these bodies someday. This reminds me, now that the scout is done i'm pulling the Tracker off the shelf.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
Cool spare mount Ed
I have got to get one of these bodies someday. This reminds me, now that the scout is done i'm pulling the Tracker off the shelf.

Thanks bud! Don't ever paint it that green though, I'm soooo freakin tired of adjust the hue and contrast on the pictures to get the color to show up and never suceed I wish everyone could see it in person. Anyway, as I said earlier, my buddy jason fabbed up the cage, I kinda like givin my rig to someone just to see what they would do to it. now I just got to tweak a few things and maybe get off my lazy butt and start the interior
Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

How are the wheels holding up? The rig looks like a ton of fun!
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
How are the wheels holding up? The rig looks like a ton of fun!
It is a ton of FUN, and surprisingly capable. As for the rims they are probally one of my FAVORITE purchases for this rig, I can't thank you enough for hookin me up with them. They are a perfect fit!

Sprint66 is buggin me to let him build me some swampers for it and I just may do that pretty soon. they will look awesome on those rims! Your gonna have to make the food drive. I will let you take her for a spin on the rocks and see how you like it.