Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Mr. Ed's Suzuki Samurai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
It is a ton of FUN, and surprisingly capable. As for the rims they are probally one of my FAVORITE purchases for this rig, I can't thank you enough for hookin me up with them. They are a perfect fit!

Sprint66 is buggin me to let him build me some swampers for it and I just may do that pretty soon. they will look awesome on those rims! Your gonna have to make the food drive. I will let you take her for a spin on the rocks and see how you like it.
Awesome! I plan on making it
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #62
RCC Addict

I got a little update. I finally smoked the motor but...I scored a Losi 18.5 brushless system for it I really liked the smoothness of it and the noise level dropped too. I crawled it at the ScaleTrailRunners 3rd annual food drive and it did AWESOME! I did rip the shock screws out of it so I finally got it on the bench and built the body mount the way I should have in the beginning. This allowed me to mount the shocks they way they should be. Kinda killed 2 birds with one stone. I'm gonna tear it down and give the chassis a fresh coat of paint and get it all cleaned up and running perfect so I can post it in another section towards the bottom of the forum If you know what I mean.

Here's a couple of pictures from the Food Drive.

Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #63
RCC Addict

I've gotten a few PM's about the 4 link I used so a little free pimpin for dinky rc is due. Here's a link on where to get the 4 link mounts I used.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chass...link-bits.html

Dinky rc makes some really cool stuff!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

probly one of the best lexan builds ive seen. plus i love samurai's.
scx10 honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #65
RCC Addict

After looking at the food drive pictures I need to get a sharpie and re draw the door lines!

Got the brushless system installed and running ! Nice set up and longer runs times for the LONG trailes!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx10 honcho View Post
probly one of the best lexan builds ive seen. plus i love samurai's.
Thanks!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Got the body lines back on and posted her up in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Got the body lines back on and posted her up in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

great lookin lil sammy just found yall a few days ago (scaletrailrunners) i live up in clarsville-been veiwin the site some would love to try and make a gtg and even a trail ride if within about a hour or so drive...that is an awesome thing yall do with the food drive if i can help someone in need out im all for it and havin fun doing it would be all i would ask for in return, plan on countin me in for the next event like this-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:01 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATBOYrs10 View Post
great lookin lil sammy just found yall a few days ago (scaletrailrunners) i live up in clarsville-been veiwin the site some would love to try and make a gtg and even a trail ride if within about a hour or so drive...that is an awesome thing yall do with the food drive if i can help someone in need out im all for it and havin fun doing it would be all i would ask for in return, plan on countin me in for the next event like this-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Glad you found us! there's a ride this weekend! And as far as the food drive goes last I heard we donated enough to give 50 families 4 meals each and the shelter still had food left over
Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Looks alot better with the body lines Ed... So what's on ur mind with the next build it's gotta be something special for u to sell this... Looking good Ed I love this lil thing and it climbs very well guys... A great price it's a steal guys you won't be disappointed

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
Glad you found us! there's a ride this weekend! And as far as the food drive goes last I heard we donated enough to give 50 families 4 meals each and the shelter still had food left over
awsome! quick question then i got to go to work-where is the ride goin to b in case i dont c it posted?
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #72
RCC Addict

It's on the main page on str. Can't miss it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I can hardly wait to get it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
I love this lil thing and it climbs very well guys... A great price it's a steal guys you won't be disappointed

J-bird
I want you to know that your comment pushed me over the edge on this one!
OKJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJeepin View Post

Congrats my new friend! Look forward to see what you do with her! I will miss her dearly
Old 11-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:

Oh ur gonna love the lil Sammie ... Especially when it out climbs someone with a scx with big wheels.. ;)

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Gathered up all the spare parts I could find. programmed the radio and reciever. should be able to send her out tomorrow to ya buddy!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Gathered up all the spare parts I could find. programmed the radio and reciever. should be able to send her out tomorrow to ya buddy!
I am like a kid at Christmas!

This was my brothers 1:1 Samurai, I used to love it and always wanted one of my own, albeit a little "smaller" than his was, I bet I have just as much fun with it.
Say a prayer for him, he goes in for back surgery tomorrow morning. When he gets healed up we will go hit the trails!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #78
RCC Addict

The Sammi is a bad little rig!!! It has crawled with the BlueBronco many-a-time and always leaves a smile on everyones face when it does somethin it shouldnt. Its not a point and shoot rig like the big tire boys, it requires some driving but with some skill behind the radio itll make things it should never have even tried!!! Have fun with it, and keep the build thread alive with updates so we dont miss it too much!

First ride that I remember it bein at

With the ole TrailCourier

With the BlueBronco

Runnin the reduced swampers

Matt

Last edited by 66sprint6; 11-29-2011 at 01:48 PM.
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

I'll post up pics as soon as it arrives, which might be as early as Thursday! I plan on just keeping up this thread (if it's okay with Mr. Ed) with my trail pics and updates of the Samurai.
Sure looks like a blast to drive, I'm sure I will learn alot in the first few days!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'll post up pics as soon as it arrives, which might be as early as Thursday! I plan on just keeping up this thread (if it's okay with Mr. Ed) with my trail pics and updates of the Samurai.
Sure looks like a blast to drive, I'm sure I will learn alot in the first few days!
I think keeping this thread alive is cool with me! but we should give credit where credit is do and have a moderator change the name to OKjeepin's Suzuki Sammurai! she is yours now.

I got home earlier from the UPS store and freaked a little when I didn't see it parked on the shelf! but then I though...oh yeah....sold her