Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Day to day with a TF2 Hilux...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Day to day with a TF2 Hilux...

Finally finished off the mounts for the full rack...

tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Needs a "Duncan" in the passenger seat and an Rj in the drivers seat and maybe a Kelly holding on in the bed
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
RCC Addict

The usual suspects out for a Saturday morning run.

Ended up putting quite a few love bites on the ol' gal this morning...Running new lines and really pushing the platform to its limits. Some bigger, stickier tires and some links would surely have saved me some bruises, but it was a solid challenge and the truck did great. No breakage despite a few hard rolls. No great pics of the harder lines as we were a bit wrapped up in avoiding total destruction, be it from snapping axles or rolling down 6' into the salty muck

Old 06-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Seems like your one of the few who actually use these little Toyota's for serious off roading. I'm a Toyota addict, so I've been looking at getting a TF2. Your's is absolutely sick.

How is the body holding up? I'm especially curious as to the A pillars, as they look thin.

How much backlash is there in your front and rear axles? Do these trucks use dogbones or some form of CVD?

How long are the leaf's shackles from center-center?

Do your rear shocks contact the leafs during full bump?

How many hours of use do you have on the leafs? Are any of them kinking or cracked?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Seems like your one of the few who actually use these little Toyota's for serious off roading. I'm a Toyota addict, so I've been looking at getting a TF2. Your's is absolutely sick.

How is the body holding up? I'm especially curious as to the A pillars, as they look thin.

How much backlash is there in your front and rear axles? Do these trucks use dogbones or some form of CVD?

How long are the leaf's shackles from center-center?

Do your rear shocks contact the leafs during full bump?

How many hours of use do you have on the leafs? Are any of them kinking or cracked?
Thanks!

The ol' gal is running the stock dogbones currently and they are a source for quite a bit of slop. Been waiting for the XVD's to come back into stock.

The body is holding up very very well. I have a few hilux bodies and the Mojave body is a bit thicker. I've rolled it and flopped it many many times with no cracks.

Here's a pic of the shackles I made for it...the calipers show the length of the stockers.

I'm currently running the Chino military wrapped leaf packs. The stockers worked well and josh is still running stockers in the front of the Green rig in the pics. I probably have 4 or 5 hours of this type of wheeling on the Chinos with zero warpage. They're nice and flexy once broken in. Right now the front shocks are a huge limiting factor. The rears don't hit the leaf packs unless the upper mounts are on the innermost holes.

Last edited by tozrovr; 06-10-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
RCC Addict

So, here's an update

Missed the truck so badly after I sold it to Nat, I needed another. Standard build, made some new shackles and another bumper mount for the RCmodelex Bumper (had to order that up before the truck was even done )

Basic Mojave Body done in the SR5 style paint, with the Tamiya Hilux Grill.

Stock 1.55's with MT Baja Clays in the new ridiculously sticky X2SS compound.

Day to day with a TF2 Hilux... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5-25-09 Memorial Day 2009 Beautiful day out 4x4Crawler4LIFE Scale Videos! 0 05-26-2009 09:41 PM
" SHOP DAY " and MTRCRC planning day... Unimoger Montana 107 05-01-2008 02:07 AM
Jeep buildup...day by day steps ford381stroker General Crawlers 33 06-22-2007 05:36 PM