RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.5 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Tommy's Class 1 Jeep (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/403295-tommys-class-1-jeep.html)

BigSki 01-07-2020 07:20 PM

Re: Tommy's Class 1 Jeep

That sucks about the body being destroyed in shipping. Was it one of the "muddy" New Brite TJ bodies? I have one just sitting around.

maxb4987 01-10-2020 05:00 PM

That’ol buff out!! Sick build too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy R 02-27-2020 09:51 AM

Well, I heard back from the USPS and they declined my insurance claim. I had to bring the box and truck to a local post office for review and the first comment from the lady was how little damage the box had. I tried to explain that just because the box didn't have a bunch of tears/holes that it doesn't mean the contents weren't damaged in shipment. Someone could've thrown the box 20' in the air! That might not damage the box, but would sure hurt the contents. Not saying that happened, but I was trying to explain that the contents could be damaged even if the box isn't junked. I've appealed and am now waiting on their decision. Really sucks.

nwnewbie 03-08-2020 10:49 PM

That sucks, this was such a great build! Glad to see it back in your hands and hopefully on the mend for a rebuild!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OSRC 03-09-2020 06:52 AM

Sucks that you have to file a claim, lose, then appeal the decision... jeez. What a run-around.

Seems like the insurance is only for items that get lost or are visibly destroyed on the outside.

Tommy R 03-09-2020 07:20 AM

Thanks, y'all. And yeah, it seems insurance is only for stuff that's either lost or damaged in a box that's been visibly destroyed. Lessson learned for sure. :cry:

JatoTheRipper 03-09-2020 09:48 AM

What a BS move to pull, but I wouldn't expect anything more from USPS. So infuriating.

Now we all learned something. Stomp on the box before taking photos for insurance claims.

Sul 03-09-2020 05:36 PM

"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6003378)
What a BS move to pull, but I wouldn't expect anything more from USPS. So infuriating.

Now we all learned something. Stomp on the box before taking photos for insurance claims.

Tommy R 04-04-2020 08:06 PM

Well, I appealed and was denied again. I appealed again and said that I need to speak to someone. That was a few weeks ago, but I basically gave up. Yesterday I decided to follow up on it. Much to my surprise, I saw the words “APPROVED” and “PAID”! WTF?!? I checked the mail today and guess who had a check! :)

So it sucks the body got destroyed, but at least now I’m financially compensated. A wee bit of good news in the mess going on these days.

JatoTheRipper 04-04-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy R (Post 6010667)
Well, I appealed and was denied again. I appealed again and said that I need to speak to someone. That was a few weeks ago, but I basically gave up. Yesterday I decided to follow up on it. Much to my surprise, I saw the words “APPROVED” and “PAID”! WTF?!? I checked the mail today and guess who had a check! :)

So it sucks the body got destroyed, but at least now I’m financially compensated. A wee bit of good news in the mess going on these days.

I'm glad it finally worked out for you.

OSRC 04-05-2020 05:21 PM

Well the feds are basically handing out trillions right now... :) Glad it worked out for you!

CIPRIANO 01-15-2021 04:59 AM

I am very happy that you have recovered it, ... I hope to see the progress that this Jeep has