Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Land Cruiser FJ60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #41

Default Re: Land Cruiser FJ60

Ya mon that's me lol so that's how it's done a gardening hammer duh I've got three four of them scribes in my garage right now
fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=imthatguy;4014252

Once this one is finished I'll start a 100 so you have something to drool over. Check back in a year.

Bananas are in every smoothie I make. And I make two every morning in my Vitamix. Yes, I own an $800 blender. I'm .[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see the 100 build! I'll be bugging you to make it. They are similar in size to the 60's. Although a bit wider, and IFS, I think it's doable.

$800 blender??? Good lord! I could build a hell of a crawler for that much. Must be a fabulous blender, but will it blend? That is the question
SinCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Whoa whoa whoa, you're doing a 100 next! That is fantastic. That's my ride. Maybe you could get Slee to sponsor you on that build. Hurry up and finish the fantastic work you're doing on this 60 so you can move on to the100!
motomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Safety is your #1 priority.
Priority is my #1 safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh View Post
Ya mon that's me lol so that's how it's done a gardening hammer duh I've got three four of them scribes in my garage right now
This is a special scribe. Do you have a ball peen scribe? Try that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
I can't wait to see the 100 build! I'll be bugging you to make it. They are similar in size to the 60's. Although a bit wider, and IFS, I think it's doable.

$800 blender??? Good lord! I could build a hell of a crawler for that much. Must be a fabulous blender, but will it blend? That is the question
Hmm, maybe I'll start with finishing the 60 first. I'm getting pretty good at this, maybe I'll just do a 62 next instead. Pretty amazing blender. They use them at Starbucks. I can make hot soup just from the speed and friction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoto View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, you're doing a 100 next! That is fantastic. That's my ride. Maybe you could get Slee to sponsor you on that build. Hurry up and finish the fantastic work you're doing on this 60 so you can move on to the100!
Maybe a 70 or 80. They're still kinda squared off, right?

Started the roof. Subtly rounded, and still needing 3 or 4 more layers on top for the full height and curvature. Don't pay attention to the horizontal support where the firewall would be. Temporary.

Looks more and more like a real turk everyday.

imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #45

Good lord thats beautiful! I think you should do a 4 door 70 series (76) or a nice 70 series troopie (75) next.
Give us something that we can't have here in america, please!
robustbambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Jolly good
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Jolly good
Quite so! Just bang on!
tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozrovr View Post
Quite so! Just bang on!
Fish and chips
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

That temprary brace is awesome! Best temporary brace I've ever seen. It's so straight... and white... and, not permanent. Spot on I say. Top notch gov'na. Cheerio.

Matt, I seem to say this with each of your builds, but this may be my favorite one of your turks to date. I'll withhold final judgement for when it's completed, but your T-Top Turk is in danger of losing it's favorite status. I hope it's feelings aren't hurt.
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Damn, just damn... you've got completely mad fab skills. And the first picture from post 1 - must be a garage queen. That 60 looks to be in concours condition.

Keep up the fab work! And that blender, they've got stupid amounts of torque, though I've yet to make soup in ours, just smooothies!

Cheers,
Doc
doc.hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robustbambi View Post
Good lord thats beautiful! I think you should do a 4 door 70 series (76) or a nice 70 series troopie (75) next.
Give us something that we can't have here in america, please!
Thanks! Maybe I'll do something that nobody has. A 12 door 99 series!

Quote:
Jolly good
Cheers mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozrovr View Post
Quite so! Just bang on!
Old Britannia!

Quote:
Fish and chips
Sausage Roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandrc View Post
That temprary brace is awesome! Best temporary brace I've ever seen. It's so straight... and white... and, not permanent. Spot on I say. Top notch gov'na. Cheerio.

Matt, I seem to say this with each of your builds, but this may be my favorite one of your turks to date. I'll withhold final judgement for when it's completed, but your T-Top Turk is in danger of losing it's favorite status. I hope it's feelings aren't hurt.
Pip pip! That brace is from the hobby shop. It's sold next to the Traxxas whatevers. The T-Top Turk is a nice truck, but I have a feeling that this will be my pride and joy. It might even knock the C303 off the pedestal. We'll see. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.hamilton View Post
Damn, just damn... you've got completely mad fab skills. And the first picture from post 1 - must be a garage queen. That 60 looks to be in concours condition.

Keep up the fab work! And that blender, they've got stupid amounts of torque, though I've yet to make soup in ours, just smooothies!

Cheers,
Doc
Thanks Dr. Do you have a different name on a different forum? Garage queens can be fun. After all the work I'll put into this, it'll probably be a queen too. Try making soup, it's the best. Leave some ingredients to the side for a quick pulse at the end to keep it chunky.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to put this thing together. I am stopping work on the roof until I'm satisfied with the interior area and floor plan. I need to get in there and do stuff after all! I suspect the floor will be mocked up on the chassis and dry-fit to the body until I get much closer to finishing. So, speaking of the interior, here's some slow progress.

This man I know makes drop beds for Tiyotes, and as it turns out, it makes for a great start for the rear interior of a FJ60. THANKS IMAN00B!

I cut out the centre section to make room for the chassis rails.

The idea here is to build a cargo storage drawer system in the rear that does two things. 1. Store batteries and electronics, and 2. Hide the chassis so I can have a realistic ride height. So that means I'll need to make a functioning rear gate. That makes me happy.

Wheel wells aren't totally to scale, but once the rear seat is in, it will hardly be noticeable.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the soup tip - my wife loves making soup, so I'll pass that along!

I have the same user name on all the forums I belong to...

Cheers,
T
doc.hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #53

Really want to build a scaler with my son as our 2nd project together. Did my honeymoon in the back of an HJ60 and wanted to find a kit or bodyshell but was amazed to see that you can't buy them. Is a hand build my only option?
Here's my 1:1
groovedigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.hamilton View Post
Thanks for the soup tip - my wife loves making soup, so I'll pass that along!

I have the same user name on all the forums I belong to...

Cheers,
T
Well okay Mr. Doctor. I'm easily confused. Too many paint fumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovedigger View Post
Really want to build a scaler with my son as our 2nd project together. Did my honeymoon in the back of an HJ60 and wanted to find a kit or bodyshell but was amazed to see that you can't buy them. Is a hand build my only option?
Here's my 1:1
For this model of Land Cruiser, yes, hand built is your only option. Unless you can find someone to build and sell you one. Don't ask me, I don't know what I'm doing.

I took another look at the rear of the truck and started work on the inner structure around the interior of the lift gate. Trying to be as scale accurate as possible.

Start of the storage drawer. The way the rails rest on this area, there could only be one drawer, but I think it looks pretty good in there.

Large enough to hold a battery, and once I finish a few bits and pieces, accessible from the underside.

Boy, it sure doesn't look like much for a lot of hours spent at the workbench. Oh well, like I said, it won't be a fast build.

Ah yes, the only logical way to open a drawer is with a handle.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I don't know what a Land Cruiser is (probably some off-brand Jeep), but that's a nice, sharp blade. #11 I take it? You can tell so much about a person by looking at the sharpness of their hobby knife. I can tell you like soup. Am I right in this assumption?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

The 60 is my favorite make of the yota's. You are doing a fantastic job on this one sir!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
The 60 is my favorite MODEL of the yota's. You are doing a fantastic job on this one sir!
toyota is make
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
toyota is make
Well I guess I wrote that wrong. OOOOPS
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The 60 is my favorite make of the yota's. You are doing a fantastic job on this one sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
toyota is make
Quote:
Well I guess I wrote that wrong. OOOOPS

Hey Matt, hello. Looking good over here too.

Just wonderin' what you're planning to do about the motor mount sticking out of the hood.
Can you turn it any or are you gonna make a blower on the hood to cover it up?
Headquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

I want to make a cargo drop and hinged rear door on mine now :( those drawers look amazing! Are they the new African Outback drawers??? Any plans for a cargo barrier?
SinCity is offline   Reply With Quote

Land Cruiser FJ60 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15 trucks Offroad: Sniper Land Rover D90 D110 Ford Land Cruiser Trail Finder 2 Dingo boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 08-30-2012 07:48 AM
12 trucks Mudding! Land Rover Honcho Land Cruiser Dingo D110 RSOV Wraith King Hauler boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 07-16-2012 06:27 AM
My CC-01 Land Cruiser 40 mix237 Tamiya XC/CC01 4 11-05-2009 04:59 AM
hard jeep/land cruiser/land rover body IronRC Paint and Body 2 03-02-2008 10:14 PM
Land Cruiser BCCrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 10-14-2006 01:45 PM