Notices

Thread: EL GUAPO The Handsome FJ Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: EL GUAPO The Handsome FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
I am very interested in the weight of that interior, would you be able to weigh it once you get it in?
Come in right at 9.2oz but will be a tad lighter cause I won't install the 3rd row seat back and will be cutting a little off the back side.

This interior is going to be awesome! I'm excited to start it, but can't really make any big decisions until the GCM kit comes in. Got to see where it will sit.

Hey! Check out my nuts!!! Hub nuts that is......

steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #82
RCC Addict

I don't really GET that interior. Does locked up rc MAKE it? Do they take it out of some toy grade body?

But I do LOVE that interior. It even has a fairly similar look to it of a real fj cruiser interior.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Paint the floor black while it's out.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
Paint the floor black while it's out.
I'm considering doing a carpet kit and a head liner. Will have to raid the wifes craft supplies to see what options I have.

Got a little done last night. I couldn't handle waiting for the rest of the stuff, so I just started It's almost like I'm starting over!

Here's the interior uncut

Here's where it ended up last night before I finally forced myself to go to bed. It took a lot more trimming than I first thought, but still not too bad.

Turned out just right for how low I mounted my body. It's resting on the rock rails, and the dash is up on the windshield. I can see there is room for the T-case under the center console, but I might have to trim the floor in the back seats to clear the rear driveshaft. Just like a real car, there's the hump on the floor of the back seats, but this interior doesn't have that hump. I'll probably have to make it. Then carpet over it.

There's still a little extra material that needs to come out of the rear wheel well area. The interior kind of makes a rear wheel well, but I think I'll trim out enough to make my own. With what I have trimmed so far I have it down to 7.5oz.

It's definitely a "full" interior. There's hardly any room left for electronics. I'll have to get creative. USPS says Sam (my driver) should be here today, and my GCM stuff should show up tomorrow. Stay tuned....
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #85
RCC Addict

CHEATER!

Crap man....that's going to look awesome!
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

Looking good, looking good. It appears to me that the dash can move forward or back, am I seeing that right? It looks like it lines up perfectly with the defroster right in front of the windshield the way you have it now. Good to see, I was wondering how that area would fit.

How does rear door on the interior line up with the start of the rear wheelwell on the body? From the last shot it looks like it might stick out a little...or maybe its just the angle.

Looking good though, waiting for more.

Last edited by Ramination; 12-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua View Post
CHEATER!

Crap man....that's going to look awesome!
Thanks! I think it's turning out good. I had to cheat and buy an interior, there's no way I could build one myself. Maybe out of legos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
Looking good, looking good. It appears to me that the dash can move forward or back, am I seeing that right? It looks like it lines up perfectly with the defroster right in front of the windshield the way you have it now. Good to see, I was wondering how that area would fit.

How does rear door on the interior line up with the start of the rear wheelwell on the body? From the last shot it looks like it might stick out a little...or maybe its just the angle.

Looking good though, waiting for more.
The dash is actually fixed to the rest of the interior, no adjusting. I just worked on lining up the front of the interior (the firewall?) to not go out in the front wheel wells, and that lined the defrost up just right . But it does force a little bit of the interior to go out in the rear wheel wells. I am going to have to trim that up some. The rear seat back is hollow, so it will take a bit of the rear door panel (about 1/4" of the panel that is down to the side of the seat) and the back side of the back seat back (you know, in the back of the truck ) into the hollow of that back seat back. I'll take pictures when I do it to help explain better, but from the front of the FJ if you are looking to the back seat all the details will be there. I won't hurt the front of the hollow seat back that you will see. Then my homemade wheel wells will fill up the cuts/gaps that i make and will carpet (or paint) it to match.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Wowzas

Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
I don't really GET that interior. Does locked up rc MAKE it? Do they take it out of some toy grade body?

But I do LOVE that interior. It even has a fairly similar look to it of a real fj cruiser interior.

It comes out of the H2's he has on his site as well. I have the same interior in my H2 and it's great to have, just a pain for installing electronics.

The FJ looks killer by the way, always love seeing these get built up.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #90
Rock Stacker

The silver FJC at the top of the page was one of the first SASed FJC done at I believe Demellos. They swapped the 4link/panhard for leafs becuase at the amount of lift they had they couldn't get enough travel out of the stock link lengths and need to save some money. Also if they were updating the links to longer ones they wanted to use coil overs. The CO would not fit without entering the cab area so they ditched the idea. The leafs achieved the lift they needed and matched the travel out front so the rig is very balanced. I followed the build years ago on TTora.com.
NHMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Finally got me an extra set of hands to help me with this build. As long as I can keep him from shooting everything....

Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Sam didn't argue about driving this FJ. He was even happy enough that he let go of his gun.

He even thinks the FJ is so nice he was respectful enough to take his shoes off (and he wouldn't quite fit with them on) Luckily they just poped right off. Probably will just throw them on the floor on the passanger side.

And what do you do when you have an interior with tinted windows? Roll them down baby!

Hopefully the heater works good, cause those windows aren't rolling back up! Cutting those out were the most commitment of this build, cause I can't undo what I've done.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Yay! First time with an interior and a driver!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Nice work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

That guys is a perfect fit. How tall is he? Where did you get him?
NHMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yay! First time with an interior and a driver!
Boooya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Nice work.
Thanks! Not done yet, but it's coming along

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHMaxx View Post
That guys is a perfect fit. How tall is he? Where did you get him?
Perfect fit minus the feet . He comes out at like 6 3/4" tall with the feet. Not sure how tall without. His feet would hit the floorboard behind the pedals before his butt would be all the way down in the seat. Got him off fleebay....

GCM stuff didn't come in today . Tracking says it got in my town yesterday but didn't come to my mailbox today. Went to the PO and they couldn't explain why. Maybe it's still on the drivers truck. Patience grasshopper
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #97
RCC Addict

dancing badger.......... MUSHROOM!

can't say i understand that emoticon
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
dancing badger.......... MUSHROOM!

can't say i understand that emoticon
ya me neither. He just looked fun to use ha ha
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Coming along very well. Nice rig so far.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

YAY!! GCM stuff came in today while I was clearing snow from my driveway. What a relief.... I thought I'd be stuck shoveling all day.

Sam just kind of took over, so we'll just move on to the pictures

Donor driveline to go from tranny to T-case

In this last pic you can see I reinstalled the front wheel wells and made some rear ones. The rears still need to be painted, but I ended up making them out of a salsa container. Turned out to be a tad smaller than the butter tubs which turned out good.

There is not much room for anything extra, so I am going to install my electronics in front of the dash. There is a little void there that should be perfect. I still need to figure out where I can store the dang battery....

EL GUAPO The Handsome FJ Cruiser - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new cc01 cruiser with my scx10 cruiser gymjunkie23 Tamiya XC/CC01 10 07-28-2010 01:03 AM
its not done yet-fj cruiser cool94beans General Scale Talk 4 03-18-2010 02:13 AM
The 2.2 Cruiser bRIBEGuy Tamiya Clod Buster 59 12-19-2007 04:39 PM
My Fj Cruiser XB_BOY 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 07-26-2006 04:30 PM