Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

Hello,
I have the axial scx10, the wraith, and the ridgecrest but I am really interested in the rc4wd trail stomper. Now I know there are already threads about this but I really need to know for myself. Since the truck is only 300 dollars and comes rtr is it really a good truck? I know what most of you would say to get a scx10 or a trail finder 2 but I already have a scx10 and I just want a mess around truck for dirt and wooded trails. I will be changing the tires to 1.9 ripsaws or 1.9 Iroc super swampers. (old tires from my scx10). I will remove one of the rear leaf springs and the front ones. Also I will cut some axial driveshafts and replace the junk plastic ones on there. And for a better servo I will get a cheap axial as-3 form ebay, and I have a old 20t motor sitting in the parts box. I would like this to be a low cost build, but a well working truck as well. If anyone has any sugestions I would really apperciate it,

- Axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Default Re: Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

My really like my Stomper. I recently did my first comp and finished 5th in Class 1. Here are my changes from stock.

T-Boxes front and rear
Shooters in the rear
Single Black springs front and rear
Stock rims and tires
RC4WD scale shocks 100mm front and 110 rear
Hilux Cab and RC4WD bed
Sidewinder V3 and Holmes 35T motor (have not run this motor yet)
Edfalcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Hello,
I have the axial scx10, the wraith, and the ridgecrest but I am really interested in the rc4wd trail stomper. Now I know there are already threads about this but I really need to know for myself. Since the truck is only 300 dollars and comes rtr is it really a good truck? I know what most of you would say to get a scx10 or a trail finder 2 but I already have a scx10 and I just want a mess around truck for dirt and wooded trails. I will be changing the tires to 1.9 ripsaws or 1.9 Iroc super swampers. (old tires from my scx10). I will remove one of the rear leaf springs and the front ones. Also I will cut some axial driveshafts and replace the junk plastic ones on there. And for a better servo I will get a cheap axial as-3 form ebay, and I have a old 20t motor sitting in the parts box. I would like this to be a low cost build, but a well working truck as well. If anyone has any sugestions I would really apperciate it,

- Axial 4x4 crawler
I don't have any suggestions apart from DO iT
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail stomper 88gmchog 1.5 Scale Rigs 9 10-26-2012 07:47 AM
Rc4wd Trail stomper? opinions on it. JH HONCHO SCX10 General Scale Talk 11 10-10-2011 10:24 AM