Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SoCal wheeling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #1

Went out behind my house for a little run today.

Glad I water proofed everything when I put this together because about five minutes after this photo I was going down a short technical section that led to a bit of water. Then the plan was take a left and head up the sandy beach that was only a truck length away from the point of entry of the water. Near the last rock of the technical section I got a little light on the left rear tire so I bumped the throttle to get down and level it out. Well the water that I thought could only be 3-4" max ended up swallowing my entire truck, length wise. Explitives were said, truck got pulled out, and after looking into the clear reciver case and not seeing any visible water I decided to take a chance and turn the power back on.

So because this truck is a bit redneck hodge-podge it never got a build thread. And because I'm too lazy to keep up on it if I did create one.

Truck is/was an axial dingo kit. I wanted something a little more scale and liked the jeep body. I didnt want to see electronics (except the motor because thats different somehow) and I wanted it to be slow. Like dual atlas tcase slow. So a two speed trans was on the list because I didn't want to trip over the damn slow thing. Its got an R3 trans with a hammer tcase. Unfortunately I couldn't find a tcase that had 2high and 4low that would fit(the hammer is almost too big for this short wheelbase). So my final ratio is at 64.7:1 in first and 23.7:1 in second. The servo being hidden was also high on my list of wants. Spent some time trying to figure it out and then some more time machining the thing up (it even has a bronze bushing in it). Then afterwards I realized you can buy them, and they even come apart with a screw(I have to grind weld off of mine). I also wanted to not have to remove the body unless major mistakes happen. So the switch behind where the passenger seat goes kills the battery to the esc. The one one the firewall is the esc on-off. And the one on the dash does the headlights. This truck still needs lots of work to be how I want it but I prefer driving it to working on it.

Enough talk here is what you want

And the seats are getting new mounts soon

Last edited by THX_138; 08-29-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Kapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

SoCal wheeling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheeling. kwapi Minnesota 0 09-10-2011 10:54 PM
Team Cow Socal Giiveaway!!! Live in Socal? Have a RCC star? Then you win! The Cow California 22 03-23-2011 01:43 AM
Wheeling WV geekfreek95 West Virginia 1 03-08-2009 07:22 PM
some 1-1 wheeling Dubs Chops Videos! 0 01-11-2009 10:09 PM
SoCal get together Sync California 111 06-12-2006 11:33 AM