Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Old Kaiser Custom build by an I.D.10.T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Old Kaiser Custom build by an I.D.10.T

So here is my first attempt to correct the steering problem and get full range in both directions. Currently the servo arm turns into the servo winch. Both are mounted up front and between the frame rails. I cannot drop the steering servo lower, due to the horn would then hit the leaf spring. So I went to I.D.10.T engineering. I made a metal L-shaped arm that would be spaced downward on the servo horn. This would allow the pivot point to be more central and the will now clear the winch. The problem is the at my L bracket was a tiny bit too short. I did get improved steering, but not full movement.

I was also able to get out this morning and drive this along with my C3 F-350. I threw on my 1.9 PBX tires and had to try them on the same terrain I've been running with the other tires. I'll have to say that for a comp, I think I might have to run these bad boys. I WILL BE GOING BACK TO 1.55 for my scale look. I climbed some things I have not been able to climb before with the Stompers or the Slingers. I also learned that with steering this sharp, I was able to cut hard up an incline and make more progress. I've never been able to do that on a smooth uphill surface with my C3 or C2. I usually have to have a some irregularities for that to work. But I'm glad to learn a little strength of this rig when climbing. I took a photo of one instance when it came in handy.

This is the hard cut with the wheels to make it up the incline. Usually the leaf sprung axles begin to bounce with steeper climbs.

Last edited by I.D.10.T; 06-28-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: speeling error ;)
I.D.10.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Looks like photobucket has begun deleting my photos. Or I just can't see them with this computer.

Here is the corrected steering problem. I made another arm from the rear shock tower that was cut from the chassis. Hence the reason for all the holes. I spaced it so that the button head bolt would barely clear the winch. The ball being used now is a G-Made ball end. Its threaded, so I wouldn't have a nut above to catch the leaf spring. I can still catch on a hard compression and will probably be modified in the future. For now it will do.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Tapatalk is the way for me right now. Watch me lose my phone next.

I switched transmissions to a Losi Night Crawler and kept the same 1:1 t-case. And I went to a brushless setup. It now runs a Tekin 2300 and MMP. Great results. I took it out for a play around this morning.

I love the steering mods I've acquired since getting the Codyboy front axle mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Kaiser Custom build by an I.D.10.T - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TT Kaiser XS The Crawl Space General Crawlers 58 07-02-2017 12:37 PM
1974 Kaiser Mechanicalbob Chit Chat 1 02-09-2007 04:15 AM