Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: JSScale/Manitou Lou MFAB4X4 Bronco Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default JSScale/Manitou Lou MFAB4X4 Bronco Build

Got a build thread going on over at Scalebuildersguild.com.

Wanted to share the build here as well. I don't see many 3D print builds here. So, here we go..

This body came to me in pieces. Little intimidating at first.

Then, I started to get to work. Got it all glued together and started sanding and used primer/filler.

[/url]

Put the body next to my RC4WD Blazer project I am working on next. It's a little on the bigger side. lol

Next up, was finding chassis, axles, motor and transmission stuff. I went with the CMAX chassis from GCMracing. Along with their Tm8 axles via shapeways printing and GCM's scale transmission and transfer case. Absolutely love GCM's products. This chassis is nice, very easy to work with and versatile. Put on some Junfac drive shafts. Little did I know just how more epic some parts would be and I had to get different axles. heheeh . More on that later..

Back to finishing up the body. More sanding more filling. Seeing what wheel/tire combo to go with.

Moving right along. Finished sanding/filling/priming and then I found my paint color..

My skills are novice at best with this sanding stuff. Satisfied with how it came out though.

Next up were seats and some interior detail. Got more to do, but, this is where it is at now. Seats are 3D printed. Really diggin this 3D print stuff. Amazing how good it looks. Got some hood hinges going on the build too.

Got the seats in the rig. Also should mention that the floorpans and inner fenders are all 3D printed. GCMracing for the win again!

The wifey was kind enough to detail up the dashboard for me. I can't paint to save my life.

Remember I mentioned I was using GCM's TM8 axles via shapeways? Well, turns out GCM had other plans. LOL.. Licensed James Duff long travel radius arms!!!!

NICE!!!! I thought I had a better pic of the arms on the rig. I'll have to snap one. Also, GCMracing was kind enough to make replica D44 front axle that mate right up to the radius arms, along with a rear 9" axle replica!!! Had to get those. I don't have pic of them. But, they are killer and on the rig!

Been at this project for close to 5 months now. Starting last Sept/Oct. Working on it when time permits. Was able to get out this weekend at a local crawl spot and get some outdoor poser shots. I still have to work out a couple more scale items , bumpers, electronics and then, maybe then, it will be a working machine!!!!

That is how the rig sits now. I ended up going with some 1.55 Pitbull Rock Beasts mated to RC4WD 1.55 truckie wheels. Diggin it. Can't wait to see it in action.

About it for now. Hope you enjoyed the thread. Thanks.
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: JSScale/Manitou Lou MFAB4X4 Bronco Build

Don't know where to start! Very nice assimilation of parts!
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

That Sure Is A Beauty !
Robs07junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Nice!!!
I lovemthe radius arms, want them badly for my ascender 79 f series build.
And those test wheels... cross rc 1.55? Thats what i have on my ascenxer f series too. Did you paint yours silver? I tried to polish mine and ehhhhhhh i guess cast metal doesnt polish well.

Beautiful truck sir! Love the color, and your wife is awesome for helping you with the dash.
And do all of those little details come with the JS body? Bronco badge, window trim, etc.
Very cool! GCM stuff is incredible! Tiny truck salute!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Nice!!!
I lovemthe radius arms, want them badly for my ascender 79 f series build.
And those test wheels... cross rc 1.55? Thats what i have on my ascenxer f series too. Did you paint yours silver? I tried to polish mine and ehhhhhhh i guess cast metal doesnt polish well.

Beautiful truck sir! Love the color, and your wife is awesome for helping you with the dash.
And do all of those little details come with the JS body? Bronco badge, window trim, etc.
Very cool! GCM stuff is incredible! Tiny truck salute!
The wheels are 1.55 RC4WD Truckie Beadlock wheels. The Bronco badge I got from a vendor on facebook. Giuseppe Musumeci from rc-crawler.it. Window trim was something I made up with scrap stuff laying around. The body you get is pretty bare, but, you can add all kinds of good stuff to it.!

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #6

That is bad ass! Nice work.

These JS bodies come in way too many pieces and are way too much work for my linking. But you did a great job and you made it look awesome!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

You have done and excellent job! This is the same color as the one I had many moons ago. Although mine had a bit more rust I'm a big Bronco fan. How does the suspension work in your opinion? Any way you could post some video of it crawling?
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Great job ... can't wait to see what you do for electronics/steering. Looooove the color too!

If only they hadn't cut the rear fenders.
802Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802Bronco View Post
Great job ... can't wait to see what you do for electronics/steering. Looooove the color too!

If only they hadn't cut the rear fenders.

Body comes either way. And in a pickup version!!! Drooling for that one.

I have had cut EB's my whole real life, so, didn't wanna break the mold. I am thinking of painting the fenders white. They have the "flares" that were installed onto the rear fenders after being cut.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
You have done and excellent job! This is the same color as the one I had many moons ago. Although mine had a bit more rust I'm a big Bronco fan. How does the suspension work in your opinion? Any way you could post some video of it crawling?
I am onto the bumpers next. Doesn't move on it's own yet. I received my ESC this week, so it's closer to running!

The suspension is pretty good. I am not going to get a lot of articulation. This truck was built to be as close to a trail rig as I can get. It won't be going over huge boulders or a lot of serious off camber stuff.

JSScale/Manitou Lou MFAB4X4 Bronco Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTG at F.O.T.O Lou, ky area barrybelvedere Kentucky 4 10-09-2015 11:19 PM
Lou Reed & Metallica ~ The View Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 36 12-05-2011 04:19 PM