Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My final scale build MFab Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My final scale build MFab Bronco

Since seeing an OG Bruiser modified into a scale monster truck at my local HS in 2007 I have been addicted to scale RC. I have built over 20 trucks from my first crawler being an HPI Wheely king I converted to Bruisers, Hi-Lifts, one-off customs, countless SCX-10s and even a TF2 or two. Most have had Bronco bodies with most of those being Tamiya Bronco bodies but I was never satisfied with Lexan. Vaterra got close but no cigar in my arrogant "Bronco snob" book.

I took a long break and the release of the TRX4 got me back in the game. I bought one and now that is my sons rig. Naturally that brought me back to the forums and Youtube video searching where I discovered the MFab hard body Bronco from Manitou Lou on GCMs youtube channel. FINALLY after 11 years of the hobby a hard body Bronco. I decided this will be my final all in, feet first, no expense spared build....within reason.

So it begins....

I tried all three of the main chassis...SCX10, TF2 and Vaterra with each being usable but not what i needed. Then discovered GCM decided to make it even easier for me and is mass producing scale Bronco parts including that beautiful James Duff long arm kit so they get my money. Im not a huge fan of the straight non-interesting CMAX chassis but damn is it easy to work with and configure.

Please excuse the mess, trying to prep for a big sell out.

Not much to look at but finally got the chassis chosen. Vaterra Bronco is for reference

[IMG]RC Bronco1[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco2[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco6[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco3[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco7[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco8[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco5[/IMG]

[IMG]RC Bronco4[/IMG]

Last edited by drtrydr2000; 02-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My final scale build MFab Bronco

I use imgbb
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
Since seeing an OG Bruiser modified into a scale monster truck at my local HS in 2007 I have been addicted to scale RC. I have built over 20 trucks from my first crawler being an HPI Wheely king I converted to Bruisers, Hi-Lifts, one-off customs, countless SCX-10s and even a TF2 or two. Most have had Bronco bodies with most of those being Tamiya Bronco bodies but I was never satisfied with Lexan. Vaterra got close but no cigar in my arrogant "Bronco snob" book.

I took a long break and the release of the TRX4 got me back in the game. I bought one and now that is my sons rig. Naturally that brought me back to the forums and Youtube video searching where I discovered the MFab hard body Bronco from Manitou Lou on GCMs youtube channel. FINALLY after 11 years of the hobby a hard body Bronco. I decided this will be my final all in, feet first, no expense spared build....within reason.

So it begins....

I tried all three of the main chassis...SCX10, TF2 and Vaterra with each being usable but not what i needed. Then discovered GCM decided to make it even easier for me and is mass producing scale Bronco parts including that beautiful James Duff long arm kit so they get my money. Im not a huge fan of the straight non-interesting CMAX chassis but damn is it easy to work with and configure.

Please excuse the mess, trying to prep for a big sell out.

Not much to look at but finally got the chassis chosen.

EDIT: Haven't done this since the Photobucket disaster. Now how do we upload pictures on here?

I just set up my phone to take pictures that are 640x480 and post it straight from there. I was using an app to reduce it but that was a pain. I just downloaded another camera app just for posting where photo size is restricted. I am digging the body you are talking about also. The GCM stuff will definitely make it an easy build. I was hoping the James Duff kit would come out for the Ascender. lt may work already they just don't list it under the Ascender parts on their website. Im subscribed.
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
I just set up my phone to take pictures that are 640x480 and post it straight from there. I was using an app to reduce it but that was a pain. I just downloaded another camera app just for posting where photo size is restricted. I am digging the body you are talking about also. The GCM stuff will definitely make it an easy build. I was hoping the James Duff kit would come out for the Ascender. lt may work already they just don't list it under the Ascender parts on their website. Im subscribed.
Thanks for the suggestion. As for the Ascender I do have the D44 and 9" housings for the Ascender as well as the Ascender leaf conversion. They do also sell the James Duff side plates for the Ascender as well. The parts can be bought at their shapeways store...or I have the whole ascender package (minus the arms for sale....
Old 02-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. As for the Ascender I do have the D44 and 9" housings for the Ascender as well as the Ascender leaf conversion. They do also sell the James Duff side plates for the Ascender as well. The parts can be bought at their shapeways store...or I have the whole ascender package (minus the arms for sale....
Pm sent

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Flickr works well with posting pics here. Just a suggestion.

I have the MFab Bronco body and have almost all completed. Bumpers are up next. It's a stout body. And, like you, sick of lexan and was sick of not having a hard bodied Bronco available. Until MFab. Course, I think one more Lexan body will have to be in my barn because of the beautiful late 70's Full size Bronco body Traxxas will have out this year. lol..

Aside from electronics and wheels/tires, most of my Bronco is all GCMracing parts. Good quality, works well all together.

Can't wait to see that start to your build!
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
Flickr works well with posting pics here. Just a suggestion.

I have the MFab Bronco body and have almost all completed. Bumpers are up next. It's a stout body. And, like you, sick of lexan and was sick of not having a hard bodied Bronco available. Until MFab. Course, I think one more Lexan body will have to be in my barn because of the beautiful late 70's Full size Bronco body Traxxas will have out this year. lol..

Aside from electronics and wheels/tires, most of my Bronco is all GCMracing parts. Good quality, works well all together.

Can't wait to see that start to your build!
I should have pics up soon. Been trying to sneak in time at work lol. The 79 Traxxas body is on my wish list as well to replace the D110 on my sons TRX4. Im wanting that tire carrier for this body too. Ill probably re-assemble my poor blown apart ascender and keep the thing around as a beater.

Ill be running the 1.55-1.7 GCM mini-mags on this one eventually. GCM stuff is awesome but the cost is killing me...lol.

I cant wait either!!! Been waiting a long time. Have you seen the new 1:25 scale Bronco's from Revelle???
Old 03-14-2018, 12:19 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Need an update!
AkFordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Yay! Another bronco buildCan't wait to see where this goes. The GCM stuff is the bomb!

By the way, someone sneaked a chevy engine on your frame
802Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Sorry its been a while since I have updated this. Im building three RC Broncos and a Jeep. Im also swapping the frame on a real 98 TJ and restoring a 71 Bronco.

I did paint the engine Blue but have changed gears and ordered the MrCommaD Ford V8 to go in this build instead. Here are some pictures of the body assembled and one of the other two Broncos Ive been working on.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Looking great! Im a big fan of gcm and hope to rebuild my 79 f series with a cmax on leafs and duff arms someday.

Great build, so nice to see these super detailed trucks come to life slowly!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #12
Oppan Gangnam Style

Very cool Bronco build. Really looking forward to seeing the Ford powerplant in this thing.

Never too many Bronco builds... or FJ40 builds... or Unimog builds... or... I guess any scaler build for that matter.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I received my MrCommaD Ford 302 engine yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! I wish this would have been available before I bought the RC4WD V8. I mean the RC4WD one is awesome but this 3D printed Ford specific 302 for right around 100.00 is AMAZING and the correct scale. I still have some detail work to do but this is going to be perfect under the hood.

RC Bronco Engine

RC Bronco Engine 1

RC Bronco Engine 2

RC Bronco Engine 3

RC Bronco Engine 4
Old 05-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

That motor looks killer. Wish I could get, but, I have so much into my Bronco build that I need to squash on the spending for a while. hahahah

Those the GCM mag wheels on there? Or, the RC4WD Truckie wheels?
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
That motor looks killer. Wish I could get, but, I have so much into my Bronco build that I need to squash on the spending for a while. hahahah

Those the GCM mag wheels on there? Or, the RC4WD Truckie wheels?

I hear ya. It has been a bit of a money pit. They are the GCM wheels.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #16

Very cool build!

Where did the hard Bronco body come from?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:29 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Very cool build!

Where did the hard Bronco body come from?
Thank you! Its been on the back burner for a while. It is the MFab Bronco from Manitou Lu on Facebook.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Fantastic build! Really dig the body and overall plan for this build. Can we get a link to your 3d motor supplier?
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Looking good, the MrCommaD motor is top shelf for sure. Best 3d print hands down.

L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

black oil pan motor has gm heads????
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

My final scale build MFab Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1:10 Scale Bronco Build LoneRanger 1.5 Scale Rigs 393 02-11-2021 01:37 AM
New Tamiya Bronco scale build drtrydr2000 1.9 Scale Rigs 37 03-06-2010 06:41 AM
Can anybody build a REALLY scale Bronco chassis drtrydr2000 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 06-13-2009 07:04 PM
JL scale Bronco build-up BrandO Tamiya TLT Crawlers 114 01-12-2006 06:49 PM