Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Not as little but still small Suzuki samurai 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
That 1:1 looks mean AF.

Thank you it’s a fun toy. I try to keep it looking mostly stock but it’s like a “sleeper crawler” super deep gearing and linked suspension underneath. Pretty much goes where ever I need/want it to go except down the road haha! Max speed is something like 35-40mph and that’s 5th gear and screaming high rpms.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Very nice an dig the zuk! Should totally start a Thread on your build progress. And I've got everything there that I can see in the list which is about... 107 parts some old some new but should be all doable. Also what did you print yours in?
Also fun fact the frame is a pretty stop on replica so if you ever feel crazy enough you could replicate the leaf suspension (I didn't bother with doing leafs cause it was getting to the point I realized I'd need a JIG to make the leafs an such)

Yeah my 88 is pretty much bone stock besides tires and some Dr. Z shackles up front but I do plan on one day going over to coily suspension like my club pres did or see if I can get rocky road to make a 3" lift version of their coil suspension then I'm... seriously looking at down the line trying to get a salvage zero SR and a extra pack to make a 28kwh 70hp 140ftlb torque EV samurai.

edit
Realized that looks like I forgot the brake booster, battery tray, battery and the current version of the dash with a removable bezel around the gauges. I've tried to keep all this organized but its still a mess since I have 3 different body versions of the sj413 but the later two... I need a bigger printer to make a jig for a brass frame..

Last edited by T_Tank; 04-13-2020 at 11:38 AM.
T_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Maybe I need to go back and look but I think the last time I download just after you said you added the files the transmission was the only added parts I saw.

I’m printing in Inland Green PLA. I guess I should start my own thread.

My 1:1 is pretty much where I want it other than needing a roll cage and then making it nicer. I love how it performs and runs. Only thing I’ve thought about is maybe later on going diesel but not sure. I’ve had this thing for over 10yrs and it was absolutely bone stock when I bought it and have hand built/fabricated everything on it.

Nick

Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Just be careful with PLA, I've had a whole printed tamiya M03 in pla warp into unusable mass when I left it in my car during a work shift!
T_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocfrog View Post
Thank you it’s a fun toy. I try to keep it looking mostly stock but it’s like a “sleeper crawler” super deep gearing and linked suspension underneath. Pretty much goes where ever I need/want it to go except down the road haha! Max speed is something like 35-40mph and that’s 5th gear and screaming high rpms.

Nick

LOL. I believe it. To turn those tires with that little inline4 it’d have to be low geared. I’ve always loved that style and look.
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote

Not as little but still small Suzuki samurai 4x4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Samurai sellenk 1.5 Scale Rigs 29 10-16-2014 02:52 AM
Suzuki Samurai? Anybody have one? idratherbeclimbing Paint and Body 7 05-13-2013 09:00 AM
suzuki samurai savagebeast Paint and Body 1 10-30-2012 12:27 PM
Suzuki samurai revoster Chit Chat 8 05-24-2006 06:49 PM