Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: First attempt at styrene, tf2 rebuild trekker conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default First attempt at styrene, tf2 rebuild trekker conversion

Couldn’t stop staring at the gap displaying the servo and motor so did this up real fast. not the best but crawl for a cure is in a week and I don’t have a printer, so zipties cut up and glued to some
Styrene will do in the mean time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RotnWays; 09-26-2019 at 11:57 PM.
RotnWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default Re: First attempt at styrene, tf2 rebuild trekker conversion

Took the day off to actually figure out what’s wrong with my 1:1, and was a success (well I’ll know Tuesday when the new ecm shows up) but I had some time again because I came to that conclusion relatively early in the day, so with that time I decided to do some more performance oriented stuff to the truck. And a completed belly pan was my agenda
and that’s how they first started then decided som styrene would make it slide a little better had to cut them back because with the body on the revel at the bed was gross and then some paint on the grille and that’s all(I think) for today

Old 09-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Looking good! Great job on the front bumper! Nice radiator!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:04 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Buttoning things up for crawl for a cure, got some wheel wells done in styrene nothing special but better then seeing the electronics. Then on whim decided I wasn’t happy seeing the red plastic showing so much, so I did more patina, completely re did passenger door, both front fender, rear flares, and in front of tail lights. And the front of the hood primed the seams from the bob, and did a little lettering(cue laughter) on the windows. unsure how to approach the rear wells so that’s it for tonight- 2 more working days to get this and 3-4 other rigs fixed/finished

Old 10-01-2019, 11:26 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Alright this thing got a bit more attention, as I was able to get my 1:1 back in tip top shape, and I cleared my weeks work just Incase it didn’t go as planned so I’ve got some extra time to get these Turks ready! One more day until we caravan to crawl for a cure. So I know flex isn’t really that important, but this thing wasn’t able to get its own tire height (4” rockstompers at the time) so I decided to do the oring mod did loosen em a little after this pic seeing how pinched they were. Next up was tires. I do like the tsls, but they just don’t work as well as I’d like. So a friend traded me a set of 1.55 growlers and I painted up some new wagon wheels and I know this isn’t the place for a flex shot but I can’t believe i picked up almost an inch of flex from the orings and did some switchable mood lighting on the inside for my legless model- still undecided on this but we’ll see. Worst case I just unplug it. , still have to atleast finish rear wheel wells tomorrow. And that’ll be good enough for jazz.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

We saw you at Crawl for Cure, truck looks better without all the red showing through! How do you like the Growlerz? Nice scale details too, reminds me I gotta get my interior goin. Wow an extra inch flex with the o-rings? I don't run the oring mod, but do keep the spring to axle nuts slightly loose to allow it to twist better, got a flex shot with ruler? Axial shocks, lengths? I see you made your own front shock towers.

Last edited by Natedog; 10-18-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Default First attempt at styrene, tf2 rebuild trekker conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
We saw you at Crawl for Cure, truck looks better without all the red showing through! How do you like the Growlerz? Nice scale details too, reminds me I gotta get my interior goin. Wow an extra inch flex with the o-rings? I don't run the oring mod, but do keep the spring to axle nuts slightly loose to allow it to twist better, got a flex shot with ruler? Axial shocks, lengths? I see you made your own front shock towers.

I don’t actually I’ll try to get one tomorrow when we’re back from moonrocks it is flexing a little less which is ok based on some mods I made I’m about to post. - we (team dpc) are having a night crawl tonight 5pm moon rocks a few of us are camping out and raging. Growlers did seemingly great. The front shocks I think are 90mm
Old 11-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

So this guy was great for half of the crawl for a cure event, but managed to sheer the out put shaft off trans and kind of sat in limbo with the parts on back order until about 2 weeks ago. And started my work truck build off. But 8 days ago I bought a printer, and my buddy picked up a stock tf2, and I’d like a comparison vs stock for capability. our club wants a night crawl tomorrow night so this got some love today, here’s what went down, but first some pictures from c4c of this guy and me breaking my losi in send it challenge. .
The bronco is my class2ish rig and that dodge belongs to my good buddy dan who printed my work truck build off body. Baja Rey just smoked a tie rod end and kept on trucking.

So wanted to get a little more scale with this and that 3D printer opened up a ton of new options for me so I sat down and printed some stuff and here’s what went on. First off I needed to address the front axle caster and drive line angle and printed these out , those were on thingiverse and were just right. About 3mm added. . Much gooder

Last night i designed these up some simplified quasi Aisin hubs. Then printed today and painted, they snap onto the m4 nut note the black mount in the bottom corner
the rears were just plain so I’ll skip the design but I did quick and dirt “distress” them just paint pen, dotted around and then finger wiped. that’s before I distressed them. Now that bracket is the mount for this- the first successful print I had last week. a little paint on the jack and the mount just set up. Now I wanted another little bolt in doo dad so I made this
Too hold this that got painted and now looks like that. and that’s all for today

Old 03-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

A friend of mine from Reno crawls with the DPC crew. I really like all of the improvements you have done to your truck, I just picked up another TF2 and with be stealing some of your ideas. This is my third TF2, the first two got sold before I really gave them a chance to get the full performance out of them, really is a lot of info on them if I just look a little harder, Thanks for posting your upgrades.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:51 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Who’s your friend? And thanks!

First attempt at styrene, tf2 rebuild trekker conversion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sloski's attempt at Styrene roksloski Scale Accessories 294 09-23-2020 11:44 AM
My attempt at building a TF2 bada55mofo 1.5 Scale Rigs 41 01-09-2015 05:14 PM
TF2 purchase possibly derailed by MFC equipped Tundra... flomofo General Crawlers 0 04-27-2012 11:42 AM