Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s unholy trail finder 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s unholy trail finder 2

Like the tittle says I am building an unholy trail finder 2!

About this time 2 years ago i finished my first trail finder 2 after it going from a mojave, to a blazer and finally settled on a tamiya f350 body

I ran it a few times and got bored with it so it changed bodies and everything. Now this truck isn’t that although it will use the same body.

Now the body isn’t the only reason this is an unholy trail finder, I’m also going to be running ssd ar44 axles. So this will be a tf2 with scx10ii axles!

Parts are currently ordered and are on there way here! So far what’s coming is a stock trail finder 2 chassis with g2 shock mounts, stock leafs with mounts, stock transfer case, a&m shackle flip, a&m anti wrap bar, also 2 sets of 90mm pro spec shocks.

This truck will also be getting the rc4wd v8 and transmission with exclusive rc parts. I will also be chopping the hood off and designing my own parts in fusion360 once I get the hang of it. I have small 3D print build now in preparation of a custom build were the parts planning is nearly done, just need the skill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra’s unholy trail finder 2

I realized the Rc4wd leaf spring mounts that I ordered are for the 1 piece axle ar44 axle housings. I am planning on using ssd ar44 axles so I’m curious if anyone knows if they will work or if there will be clearance issues?

I’ll be able to check myself later on today or tomorrow at the latest.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #3

That tamiya body definitely looks great on the tf2 chassis. Great start to the build.
Subieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

For those interested the rc4wd leafs that are for a 1 piece axle will not work on a multi piece axle. I checked an Ssd axle and no luck. So I will either design my own or find files on thingiverse or shapeways and print my own

Old 02-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Pics coming soon. Just need to make a few changes to the leaf mounts I designed and reprint them and then should be good!

I also need to put the stock front cover on the rc4wd v8 and possibly clearance it a little bit for the servo

Old 02-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I may have to move the axle mounts and shock mount down a few mm but here is v3 of the leaf mount

I’ve got the truck together on a marlin frame but I will be swapping it for a regular tf2 frame and using locktite. Ignore the tires for now as they are 1.9s. I may use these vanquish wheels and stretch 1.55s onto them

The truck is sitting a bit tall unfortunately but I may be able to clear a 1.55 growler.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

V1 of the cab mounts are printing! Is a very simple design but it doesn’t need to be too fancy considering you won’t see it.

The mount will be attached to the chassis on one end and use long screws on the other

Old 02-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Got the truck to basically a roller. It’s got the rc4wd v8 and transmission with mounts and an exclusive rc LS oil pan and will run there aww I take. There is a rc4wd 35t motor crammed inside it. Other than that it’s currently running ssd ar44 axles with custom leaf mounts and a a&m garage anti wrap bar as well as bruiser front leaf mounts (will be changing to a&m +4).

I am going to run a reefs triple 5 servo with reefs horn. This is my first time running this servo and so far I’m impressed with how silent it is, though I am used to savox servos. Will also be running a hobbywing 1080 with ruddog rx and a mt44

After getting the cab mounts printed I mounted the cab to the chassis and I am not happy at all with how it is sitting. The chassis and everything needs to sit lower which I unfortunately cannot do with these axles and leaf mounts. I’m already using a 6mm screw and don’t want to go shorter.

The other way is to lower the body which I don’t want to do as doing so will cause the body to be the lowest point on the truck and could be completely destroyed because of it.

So for those reasons I am switching to rc4wd yota axles

Old 03-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Got just about everything visually mounted in preparation for a crawler demo next weekend. The truck will be done enough to run, but not finished by any means.

I am going to be running a loops arb front bumper for the trail run and I have a loops arb rear bumper and drop bed coming but both won’t be here in time so I will be running the stock tamiya parts

Anyways since the last update it’s currently sitting on yota axles with trimmed wb hd driveshafts. I have also printed the rear bed mounts and am printing an updated version of the cab mounts.

I do have 1.55 pitbull wheels and rock beasts comk g for this thing

c0bra’s unholy trail finder 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra’s trail finder 2 c0bra RC4WD Trail Finder 2 16 03-25-2019 08:59 PM
RPP Hobby - RC4WD Trail Finder 2 RTR - Scale Trail Run RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-08-2017 10:43 AM
RC Trucks-RC4WD D90 & Trail Finder 2 Mudding Trail-4x4 RC Adventure! neilsontf238 Scale Videos! 0 07-02-2017 04:47 PM
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Hawaii Beach-Rock-Trail Run CAV-G Scale Videos! 0 11-17-2014 11:38 AM