Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Nissan Patrol GR / Safari Y60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2015, 04:30 AM   #1

Default Project Nissan Patrol GR / Safari Y60

Welcome all! I've thought I still do all my body made of PVC, initiated several such projects found abandoned but alas, I will try to complete the mission. So my choice of Nissan Patrol Y60 understand right-handed version was called Safari, 5-door version is selected to be precise 6 (2 rear doors), the roof is low, leather interior with natural rights not decided yet whether or not, information nakovyryat enough thanks to Sergey Kibarovu for help in 3D and projection drawings. Scale 1: 9 to estimations base 330mm, flush with the wheel arches as the width of exits 220, total body length of 500 mm plus or minus 10 depends on the type of bumpers. Arches are Reza but within the copy number. Color solution want to accomplish in dvuhtsvet, top black or dark silver, bright silver or bottom gray-gold silver.

The chassis is the same notorious Axial Sсх10.

Constructive criticism and support is very welcome as my first body, very worried that will not work as I imagine it.

To be continued ...

Last edited by Lonsdale; 03-21-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Lonsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2015, 04:38 AM   #2

Default Re: Project Nissan Patrol GR / Safari Y60

And so a couple of days he began to be born, will do very slowly, because I'm afraid to screw up and do not hurry up and roll is on what)
Sides and part of their relief, decided all pointing etc. do immediately until they separate because then maybe it will be difficult. Well in advance they will form the frames.

Finished sidewall frames made them to shape and rigidity, cut parts for the future of the lattice (not processed yet just cut).

Further, marriage with their cross-members.

To be continued ...

Last edited by Lonsdale; 03-21-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:41 AM   #3

Continue poking around in small steps. Married but without the sidewall and floor with struts and rear, while the body is smooth, once a counter question, if you do half a roof, how? then do not climb into the salon to do. I'm worried about the next, I have such a body structure that the upper window openings on the plums out very thin, and immediately wanted to glue sheet on top then it will plums, if it does not attach these jumpers quickly scatter while the already pasted them 5 times, even in the photo you can see how they bend and play, but in fact they are equal.

Slightly completed the sidewall extending rack now have.

The grille is finished

The example in the width of the chassis, just arches for centime and small extenders stock wheels will like The coin will be flush.

Engaged in the rear part, I want to do everything on 1k1, spare wheel will not mount but under it will be present.

To be continued ...

Last edited by Lonsdale; 03-21-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:21 AM   #4

Continuation bit, made a head-on overlap for a long time could not understand the correctness of the lower edge of the glass line reviewed all photographs and projects basically it there was not correct, but 2 days fittings have done their job, I found it. In the photo are two lines so here is correct that it is not something in between.

Also glued platform for the future plums, and all subsequent parts such as base hood, etc. that form the geometry of the body are glued on a flat surface on the body and when the top board with the load so as not led him to look like.

It was also an example of the window lexan 0.7 mm

And at a certain note I have ended all the glue, first angry, but then I sat and looked at the body found a bunch of stocks that need to be corrected, 1. overdone with polishing and lowered the level of the base of the wings and bonnet by as much as 2 mm, under the spare wheel recess 2. Retrieved from unpleasant recess need to level, but it is fixable.

But as a general view at the moment.

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 AM   #5

Hello all, bugs fixed, the hood is made to adjust the thickness of the base, sealed with a nasty depression in the area of ​​spare wheel.

Further broadening of the body made in the area of ​​arches, specifically hardship, but like get to keep the curves of the body.

Well, just reckoning to another chassis width of 215mm beyond the body, + are lockers that are original to Patras with them about width near the arches will be 225mm, bridges Axa with 220mm wheels, so that everything turns out norms in width.

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #6

Good day to all! walk further. Deduce the sly all surfaces to form the correct connections, etc. And just another question for the guru bodywork, advise as to continue deepening from the rear wall and the contour of the headlights, so carefully was nothing in the head does not go (A piece of glass lantern want to do overhead and reflectors formed into a thicker body) as Criticism is always welcome.

And again, not without a miss, with the size of the recess under the spare tire had to correct a mistake.

Also, the upper contour depressions headlights were high, just corrected a little.

Properly completed the grid and married with a body and wings.

Trying to see the whole range of body got up as native

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #7

Moving on reflectors made false tail lights and front dimensions themselves are overlaid glass.
Just finished the Fender factory, as well as the width of said poluchilat flush tomorrow if God will do the roof and will move on to the chassis and interior.

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 AM   #8

Quite a bit of progress, and it is time to try on the chassis body already almost ready, it remains small things and the interior, and of grinding. Ordered motor Tekin 21.5t, 2350kv.
Did the roof on the eye for drawing it short and just stretched, but he is a little taller low 5 doors.

Work began on fitting the chassis, I trudge from direct these wheels on safari (thrashers 1.55)

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #9

Produced traction and drove the basis for the 330mm, threw the body on the chassis with different wheels.

Nothing to do at work gash guy, but do not know where to insert)

Started doing interior, made bokovinki type of skin, and began the panel and its attachment to the body to shoot. with the floor until you figured out how come the motor is installed and with him already start to cut and fit the floor.

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

It's really fun to follow the progress of a project like this. Your work looks amazing anxious to see more, thanks for posting.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:20 AM   #11

Thank you, in fact it is almost ready, I will upload new every day.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

WOW, REALLY FANTASTIC WORK! you have done a GREAT job. Very glad you could post pictures for all of us to see! I wish my plastic work looked that nice!

keep posting photos!

L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #13

Began to build 25.11.2014, yesterday has painted its original colors. still a bit of work ahead and details). But I do it slowly taps.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Wow, that looks incredible, really nice work
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I have to agree with the other guys, @Lonsdale, this is some very nice work. Your styrene skills are very impressive, but your English could use some work. I have no idea what a bokovinki skin is.
pixelnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Looks really nice

Love the body choise also, cant wait to see it finished.
Rcdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelnate View Post
I have to agree with the other guys, @Lonsdale, this is some very nice work. Your styrene skills are very impressive, but your English could use some work. I have no idea what a bokovinki skin is.
Door trim and the interior of the cabin. English translate through Google translator. Not all Russian words he can properly translate
Old 03-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #18

Made entirely interior, it is removable in eight bolts, Salon profiled under the curves of all units Axial without altering its structure, the body itself is now clearly sits on shass and without attachments, but there are 2 magnet front and rear, and the rear of the frame from the body to be S-shaped plate for additional mechanical fastening. Body weight at the moment the photo, as predicted by the body ready to leave for a kilogram. Just ordered almost correct tire 95mm, and mounted through the freezer and with inserts sure that will be 98mm-100mm RC4WD Fun Country 1.55

To be continued ...
Old 03-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Project Nissan Patrol GR / Safari Y60

That Nissan crosses the language barrier nicely.

And your English is still better than some of the dudes who live here in the states.
pixelnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #20

Moving on, made of glass on the lights, but not yet painted.

Just did mount the rear of the body.

Just finished bumper, metal material from a computer system unit.

And some comparative pictures from my Hilux.

Well fitting wheels 95mm, Fan Country)

To be continued ...

Project Nissan Patrol GR / Safari Y60 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GU Nissan Patrol Body GU Duke Axial SCX-10 0 04-05-2014 11:47 PM
GQ Nissan Patrol scx10 Swamp Dowg Axial SCX-10 11 12-18-2013 01:34 AM
nissan patrol gq rally swb "sandy style" airship 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 10-08-2012 03:46 PM
- Nissan Patrol GR "Luciano Collarini" - Italian Champion XTC 2010 - Gringus1989 1.5 Scale Rigs 2 04-18-2011 06:48 AM
Nissan Patrol body (a.k.a- Nissan Safari)??? electric_revo Paint and Body 20 03-16-2011 05:49 AM