Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Toyota Hilux 4WD build w/Trail Finder Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
Happy Birthday Eddie!!!
Thank you my friend!
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

OK some more work on the suspension set up. I tinkered with the leafs a bit to get them just how I want them. I noticed that the stock damper travel was being limited so I cut a little bit off the top of the innner rod. First pic shows fully compressed stock damper on top and the one below it was modified. Only a few millimeters difference but it helped a lot. I also just got my Spektrum DX3R setup and a pro boat waterproof esc. I waterproofed the rx and now I just have to get to the steering servo and ill be good to go snorkel deep Except I dont have a snorkel:-( I also installed a Kawada 50t mx6 motor and a 15 tooth pinion. Wheel speed and torque are spot on now. The 20 tooth pinion was too fast with the r2 tranny.

I can not wait to get this thing back out on the rocks this weekend with the new sliders and suspension setup, not to mention waterproof!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #103
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Wow, your Hilux keeps getting better and better.

Very nice. It sure flex's / articulates well. It's builds like this and others on the forum that inspire me to want to work harder on mine.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Wow, your Hilux keeps getting better and better.

Very nice. It sure flex's / articulates well. It's builds like this and others on the forum that inspire me to want to work harder on mine.
Thanks. I agree with you about inspiration! This truck by no means matches up to some of the Yotas and other truck builds here, but that is what is great about the family of people on this site. People keep raising the bar and helping each other get to different levels. A few weeks ago I was thinking I was done with this one (it performed ok/looked ok) but after seeing some more builds and now that I go wheelin with Mike (1BJB) and his clone, I had to step it up a bit so I have been working on this a lot lately just switching things around and reworking stuff that worked only "ok" to now working much better. I do have to give Mike a thanks and a shout out for pointing me in the right direction with electronics and brazing the sliders for me! Thanks bro!

So this is a big thanks to this site and all the help and inspiration out there!

Peace!

"i'm just a hockey mom"
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

what a great looking truck!
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
Thanks P

I can not wait to see your crew cab finished.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
X's 2, that is one good looking rig.
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 AM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
X's 2, that is one good looking rig.
Thanks man!

I put the new rock sliders to the test yesterday. Here are a few action shots from the trip I took with 1badjeepbruiser and our rigs.

The leaf springs on this rig are really breaking in nicely and it flexes really well now.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #109

Default Toyota Hilux

Great build. I can't believe how real it looks. Major props on the entire build.
cdrewferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Default NEW skips!!!

I Got these wheels and tires pretty cheap brand new sometime last spring. I was going to use them on something else but I mocked them up on this truck and really liked them. I threw some MSD hubs on and bam!, a whole new look.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #111
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gorgeous Yota ! It just keeps getting better and better.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

just spend half a day reading through your build and the clone thread! my back hurts from hunching over! haha, but i am gathering piece's for a hi lux build and was going to order the trail finder rolling chassis for 500 bones. is that a good option or should i just piece one together from there site?

Are the axles that you are running the same that come in the trail finder? sorry for the questions but i just want to get it right the first time.. thanks for all your help!
84bluetoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #113
Sinking with the ship

Dude, this new tire and wheel combo just made this truck They need to say for sure! It also looks 10000000x better with the battle scars and its gonna get a whole lot more this up coming season 8-)
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84bluetoyota View Post
just spend half a day reading through your build and the clone thread! my back hurts from hunching over! haha, but i am gathering piece's for a hi lux build and was going to order the trail finder rolling chassis for 500 bones. is that a good option or should i just piece one together from there site?

Are the axles that you are running the same that come in the trail finder? sorry for the questions but i just want to get it right the first time.. thanks for all your help!
I feel honored to have your first post here in this thread! I personally like the Trail Finder set up. It is pricey though and I went bare bones on it and did not order any "optional upgrades". The D40 axles are the ones that come with the kit though if I were to do it again I would have had it come with the Ultimate Yota axles. Just make sure you order the chassis in black. It comes silver if you dont specify. Unless you like the silver of course.
Good luck. If you have any questions let know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Gorgeous Yota ! It just keeps getting better and better.
Thanks NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Dude, this new tire and wheel combo just made this truck They need to say for sure! It also looks 10000000x better with the battle scars and its gonna get a whole lot more this up coming season 8-)
I didnt realize how many battle scars it had til I looked at these pics!! Yeah I really like the new skips on here. Yeah I cant wait to go wheelin again. We really need to fix up your course so we dont have to trek to PJ or Sag Harbor when we feel like wheelin' for a little bit. Sag Harbor is like an allllll day event.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

thanks, i think i will go with the yota upgrade axles for sure, when i get the funds anyways. and i will go with the black chassis, im not much for the chorme. and i'm sure i will have tons of questions even after reading through your build. i have most of the body parts, minus the interior i cant find that.. is there a good place to find that. i ordered everything else from rpp but i couldn't find that on there site. thanks again.
84bluetoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84bluetoyota View Post
thanks, i think i will go with the yota upgrade axles for sure, when i get the funds anyways. and i will go with the black chassis, im not much for the chorme. and i'm sure i will have tons of questions even after reading through your build. i have most of the body parts, minus the interior i cant find that.. is there a good place to find that. i ordered everything else from rpp but i couldn't find that on there site. thanks again.
For interior you should look on ebay for an original Bruiser interior. Expect to pay $30-$60. Or try to make your own out of styrene.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Yes! Airhogs driver awesome! The new tires look mean.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

What wheelbase are you running?

Very killer yota!
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Yes! Airhogs driver awesome! The new tires look mean.
Thanks. I love the Airhogs guy!!! I have a few of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcrawler72 View Post
What wheelbase are you running?

Very killer yota!
Thanks! WB is dead on 11.5"
Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

truck looks great thought about those wheels for mine but i can't bring myself to give up on the beadlocks. maybe the new rc4wd rock-a-thons will be the ticket.
slither302 is offline   Reply With Quote