Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapex.eu View Post
PLEASE REMOVE THAT BULGE ON THE BONNET!!! thanks
why? i like it
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Hey Jeff, Looks good! And it's your hood so do what you want with it by the way..I'm sure the pics dont even do the body justice, it's hard to get a good pic with a flash, it doesnt show all the detail. How is the suspension working for you? I had to turn the inner leaf brackets around to the outside of the frame to help keep the leaves from binding. Are you running the short or medium leaf under the main one? Afraid to go with just the main leaf til I get some spares. And have you massaged the shocks at all to get em to loosen up? Too bad the "chino mod" wont work with the supplied pins since they are the same diameter as the eyelets on the leaves. Gonna get some more screws and a extra set of leaves to try the chino thing out sometime here. Also, what type of eletronics are you planning on if you dont mind. Thanks
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #5

I THINK I LOOKS BAD TO THE BONE
I AM WORKING ON MINE AND I WILL BE
MAKING MY HOOD CLOSE TO YOUR;S
GREAT JOB .
MIKE
rocketprf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
Hey Jeff, Looks good! And it's your hood so do what you want with it by the way..I'm sure the pics dont even do the body justice, it's hard to get a good pic with a flash, it doesnt show all the detail. How is the suspension working for you? I had to turn the inner leaf brackets around to the outside of the frame to help keep the leaves from binding. Are you running the short or medium leaf under the main one? Afraid to go with just the main leaf til I get some spares. And have you massaged the shocks at all to get em to loosen up? Too bad the "chino mod" wont work with the supplied pins since they are the same diameter as the eyelets on the leaves. Gonna get some more screws and a extra set of leaves to try the chino thing out sometime here. Also, what type of eletronics are you planning on if you dont mind. Thanks

im trying some new springs in the shocks but i had to put some washers behind the shackles. so far its will flex pretty decent. you have to remember that a "real" leaf spring truck wont flex good. im running a rooster crawler set up.havent decided on the batterys yet
Old 06-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketprf View Post
I THINK I LOOKS BAD TO THE BONE
I AM WORKING ON MINE AND I WILL BE
MAKING MY HOOD CLOSE TO YOUR;S
GREAT JOB .
MIKE

thanks mike im not done yet.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks good Jeff glad you finally got it.
now lets go beat it up.
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ya Jeff this is my first leafer and its gonna take a little getting used to. I love all the squeaks and creeks the suspension makes, just like a rusty old trail heap!! I'm thinking brushless and lipo but have never used either so....I wonder if the axles will take a novak BL goat and a 5000mah lipo...I want low maintenance and long run times....input?? Also do you guys know if you have to use a balancer with lipo or is a good charger good enough??
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
RCC Addict

how is the driveshaft angle? looked pretty steep in the pics, how is it in person?
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

the angle is high but the GC is awesome, you have to be careful lining up the driveshafts on the tranny shafts but if you do it right they will spin nice and smooth, im sure theyll loosen up even more with a few packs run through. You can always mount the tranny lower if you want less angle, i personally didnt want it catchin on rocks so I mounted it like Jeffs
Old 06-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Now that I look at it again it looks like Jeffs trans is mounted low, mines mounted high and they still work fine, you're right it does look steep though.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

wait, yours is mounted high!? jesus dude, i didnt even want to try that, thats a crazy driveshaft angle. I like mine low, it doesnt bother me, anything that i drive over where i would need my tranny higher, would just catch on my axles and stuff. I think im going to try to put 2.2's on mine. I have a set of old 2.2s that fit, and it looked alot better mocked up with a bruiser body. the 1.9s look so small with a hilux body over it, unless the body is lowered a inch or so.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxxjeremy View Post
how is the driveshaft angle? looked pretty steep in the pics, how is it in person?
they look steep but roll realy nice . ive tried to "bind" them up ,and they still roll pretty smooth. im happy with the whole set up. this truck seems bullet proff. ill probaly drive it mid week.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ya Jeff this is my first leafer and its gonna take a little getting used to. I love all the squeaks and creeks the suspension makes, just like a rusty old trail heap!! I'm thinking brushless and lipo but have never used either so....I wonder if the axles will take a novak BL goat and a 5000mah lipo...I want low maintenance and long run times....input?? Also do you guys know if you have to use a balancer with lipo or is a good charger good enough??

my only input on the lipo set up is ...."sniper" he is my go to guy. he pretty much has a bomb proff rig that he runs lipo. so you might want to ask him? or look in the forums for that. sorry i cant be any help. well i think he runs a lipo ? wont hurt to ask any way
Old 06-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcFanatic92 View Post
wait, yours is mounted high!? jesus dude, i didnt even want to try that, thats a crazy driveshaft angle. I like mine low, it doesnt bother me, anything that i drive over where i would need my tranny higher, would just catch on my axles and stuff. I think im going to try to put 2.2's on mine. I have a set of old 2.2s that fit, and it looked a lot better mocked up with a bruiser body. the 1.9s look so small with a hilux body over it, unless the body is lowered a inch or so.
Look at the finished trail finder on RC4WD's website and you'll see their's is mounted high also

....at least as far as I can tell it is

Last edited by crawleR07; 06-29-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxxjeremy View Post
you"ll fall inlove with the d-40s. i cant wait till the t-rex's are in stock. but this kit is very nice
Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Look at the finished trail finder on RC4WD's website and you'll see their's is mounted high also

....at least as far as I can tell it is
thats not the same kit that we have ya know. thats why theres tlt shocks and no body mounts. im not 100% possitive on this, but i think RC4WD just buys the builds off people and them puts them into production, which is why the timberwolf kit is out, you can find that 51willysjeep was the first to build a timberwolf, and now its on RC4WD's website, so i wouldent doubt that the compelte trail finder on the website isnt using a R2 2 or even a R2 of some sort, so i'd becareful when you comparing to the complete rig, i'd compare to the pictures that RC4WD has up there, at least thats what im did/doing when i work on mine.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper