Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Toyota 4Runner Scaler

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default 1.9 Toyota 4Runner Scaler

Started a new body for my 1.9 Scaler
I wanted something Different Rare and unique.
Have always liked the 4runner and there aren't many on here due to the fact that all the Kyosho Bodies are owned by Mike!
so cant find one Build one

Here's the plan? Will be adding a Roofrack with scale bits when teh body is done.



Truck Spec
Modifeid Hi-lift Chassis
Rc4wd Rock Crushers
Rc4wd R2 with Disconnect Tranny for switchable 2wd-4wd.
Hpi Stock Car rims
Full Four linked with Stabiliser Bars on Both axles.
Lrp Speedo


Here's some progress shots.





Lots of filling and sanding ahead!

More to come stay tuned and comments and sudgestions are more than welcome.
neil

Last edited by Dready; 07-11-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mobile
Posts: 96
Default

whats the back window out of or did you build it to, nice build going to look killer
twistedsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsmily View Post
whats the back window out of or did you build it to, nice build going to look killer

Thats the Louvre Panel off a Bruiser Back Window.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: a place where everything looks the same. oh and no rocks.
Posts: 214
Default

did you cut up the bruiser part? the thing that site in the bed behind the cab??

Last edited by live2crawl; 07-10-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: grammer
live2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2crawl View Post
did you cut up the bruiser part? the thing that site in the bed behind the cab??
Yep cut it up!
I'm Bad
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Yep cut it up!
I'm Bad
Ooooh Dready the Tamiyas gods are sooo gunna condem you to an after life of pain and suffering . I'm toying wiht the idea of doing a similar truck to tow my other Hilux. Mine will be 4 door though.

Looks good so far by the way.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Ooooh Dready the Tamiyas gods are sooo gunna condem you to an after life of pain and suffering . I'm toying wiht the idea of doing a similar truck to tow my other Hilux. Mine will be 4 door though.

Looks good so far by the way.

Nah i'll take my chances:-P It was begging to be cut up.
Will look better like this once i'm done, Can never understand why tamiya added the sleeper bit in the first place.
To be really honest it was in fantastic nick!
Got it of Cad cheers Bud
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 146
Default

Cant wait to see the finish product
MAX climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: santa monica
Posts: 3,687
Default

ooh, thats what I was planning on building next!
Are you going to shave the fenders and redo them square like the 4runners?
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Mikes RC World
 
1BadJeepBruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Land of NO 4wheeling toyota cwarlers or drag racing sortafast chevelles
Posts: 8,845
Default

Looks like your off to a good start, however it will kinda be more like a trekker then a 4runner

I had a similar body but it got damaged in shipping on the way to me and I spent countless hours repairing it only to not be satisfied with the results so i sold it...





1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: santa monica
Posts: 3,687
Default

if you fill in the recess under the top edge of the bed and change the wheel well openings to more squarish you'd be much closer to the later gen 4runner. I was planning on doing both.
You'll should also modify the grille too




pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hiatus..sutiaH
Posts: 1,620
Default

Is it me or is the bed too long as well. Looks like a bit could be sectioned out. I could be wrong, but by adding the 4Runner top to it makes it look like a truck with a topper and not the intended?!
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SUPERMOTO heaven
Posts: 695
Default

There was actually a suv model of that body style toyota pickup. I forgot what it was called but I'll try to find some pics.

It was an after market add on and there were only like 1200 made.

Edit: duh, the trekker
http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Article...er/Trekker.htm


Last edited by engineerjoe; 07-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
There was actually a suv model of that body style toyota pickup. I forgot what it was called but I'll try to find some pics.

It was an after market add on and there were only like 1200 made.

Edit: duh, the trekker
http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Article...er/Trekker.htm


I found that picture of the Red trekker whilst doing a search, Not keen on the oval rear windows hence i thought i'd go for the four runner.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
ooh, thats what I was planning on building next!
Are you going to shave the fenders and redo them square like the 4runners?

Am going to Try and do the arches just haven't got my head around it yet

And also infill the rear lines if that makes sense.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #16
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc J33P View Post
Is it me or is the bed too long as well. Looks like a bit could be sectioned out. I could be wrong, but by adding the 4Runner top to it makes it look like a truck with a topper and not the intended?!

I think the bed is about the right length give or take a couple of mill!
am going to do the fenders and grill so it should look pretty 4runner ish when i'm done.
Will certainly look unique which is what i'm after.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #17
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadFuFuBerry View Post
Looks like your off to a good start, however it will kinda be more like a trekker then a 4runner

I had a similar body but it got damaged in shipping on the way to me and I spent countless hours repairing it only to not be satisfied with the results so i sold it...





Mike if it comes out half as good as this green one i will be more than happy.
Thanks for taking the time to post up the pics they will be very handy as reference.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: santa monica
Posts: 3,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Am going to Try and do the arches just haven't got my head around it yet

And also infill the rear lines if that makes sense.
in theory the arches should be pretty easy to do. shave off the round ones, then glue up a squarish one that bulges out a bit in the center. then shape it with sanding paper or a small file. that was my plan anyway...
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
in theory the arches should be pretty easy to do. shave off the round ones, then glue up a squarish one that bulges out a bit in the center. then shape it with sanding paper or a small file. that was my plan anyway...

Got to be brave to slice them off! Will see how i get on with the top first, if it all goes wrong i can still turn it back into a pickup with not alot of effort.

How where you going to tackle the Grill and Tailgate?
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #20
NIK
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 175
Default

looks like a good start
NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com