Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project "Clampy" 1.9" Scale Yota Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #501
RCC Addict

:-(its done now, i have nothing to look forward. I know!!!!!! Make a second for me.

Truck looks amazing Chris, you did a hell of a job. I can't wait to see some action shots and video.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #502
Quarry Creeper

I am crying... :(

Dude, thank you so much for the amazing build...it was nothing short of amazing! I can't wait to see the next project!
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #503
I wanna be Dave

Chris your skills can humble any of us scale builders. your attention to detail and the pursuit of a exact scale replica are amazing, truly a work of art. Now go scratch the hell out of it, just like the 1:1.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #504
Pebble Pounder

wow this rig is crazy i just went through 26 pages
3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #505
Rock Crawler

Just out of curiousity, if someone "were" to ask you to build them a Clampy clone.... How much would you charge ? lol. Dont even know why im saying this because its been said 4 thousand times but this build is rediculous, your mind is twisted. And..... I cant wait to see what youve got in store thats gonna top clampy
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #506
Rock Crawler

Like others have said, it is almost sad to see its done. Again, awesome unbelievable job
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #507
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
looks insane, and great call on the lights.
btw i feel sorry for whoever had to weed those vinyl graphics. i refuse to do any smaller than 1/2"
are real yota inner fender wheels that wide? or was that done to catch the rc shocks? either way KILLER job!
Thanks Man..I'm glad I chose to go with those lights too, They really make it look "real" The inner fenders were done that way so they could be bolted thru the same holes the shocks were mounted too.. worked out really well.. Glad you've enjoyed the build..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB View Post

This project has gone way beyond any imagination as to how close this "model" truly is to the the 1:1 version. Everything looks just incredible..!
Hey Thanks Will, It wouldn't look nearly as neat without your help man..! Thanks again.., and I will be needing your help in the not so distant future for the next "Mystery" build....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Rc Guy View Post
Bravo Chris. So when we going to see it in person??
Thanks John, As soon as all this White SH*T Melts, we'll have to have another GTG..and I can wheel Clampy...Finally..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
man the details are just stunning

sick rig!
Thanks Bro !

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Seven View Post
Congratulations on "finishing" this build! It is probably the best Toyota build I have seen to date, and definately one of the best on this site as a whole. Your attention to detail is just awesome on this rig. I am looking forward to some action shots of this thing. Great job!
Hey, Thanks man- I take great pride in my work, and to hear you say that makes me proud to have put in all the extra effort I did to make this build what it is..! Glad you've enjoyed the build, and you will definitley be seeing some action pics in the springtime..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-crawler View Post
Ohh..this is THE best build ever imo, like the guy above said "its almost sad to see it done", you have done a hell of a job on this one and its sick! just WOW!
Thanks man, I know you especially have been watching this truck being built right from the beginning, and I'm glad to hear your diggin' the way it turned out..! Thanks for the Awesome compliments too man..! I appreciate the kind words..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerKid View Post
insane...

chris, you are sick.
LOL- Thanks man I take my "sickness" as a compliment..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Fred called ....... he'd like his truck back

theres nothing to say that hasnt been said multiple times through out this build. just incredible the dedication to detail.

Great Job!
Hey Bro- Thanks.. Just think, YOU will be able to actually come over and see this thing i person..!!! Get that "Fun Buggy" project all finished up so we can go wheel them in the springtime..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
That truck is incredible, attention to detail is mind blowing, sad to see that it's done though. So with that, what's the next uber scale rig you're going to do?
Thanks Man- nothing to be sad about here..., I 100% LOVED building this truck... the next "Mystery" project won't be anywhere near as detailed as Clampy, but it is ALREADY in the works... IF you loved this build...Stay Tuned for the nEXT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
:-(its done now, i have nothing to look forward. I know!!!!!! Make a second for me.

Truck looks amazing Chris, you did a hell of a job. I can't wait to see some action shots and video.
Hey Justin..., Thanks man..! What can I say -Yeah Its all done for the most part now.. just little things here and there to complete and finish up...There will be plenty of action shots to come once all the snow has melted at the local crawl spot.., not to worry, Now its all built.., but its still gotta prove itself to me...It may look pretty, but it better be able to wheel with the best of them too...Time will tell, but I have high hopes for Clampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
I am crying... :(

Dude, thank you so much for the amazing build...it was nothing short of amazing! I can't wait to see the next project!
Thanks Bro- I know you've been with this build from almost day ONE..!! I'm glad you've enjoyed watching it as much as I've enjoyed building it..!! Not to fear my man.., it won't be as crazy detailed as Clampy is, but wait till you see the next "Mystery" build I've already got going.....If you liked this one, you'll like the next as well.... More to come soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
Chris your skills can humble any of us scale builders. your attention to detail and the pursuit of a exact scale replica are amazing, truly a work of art. Now go scratch the hell out of it, just like the 1:1.
Thanks Ben - I much like yourself take great pride in my work, and I'm glad to hear that someone like you who knows exactly whats involved with creating something like this has enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed building it... and not to fear, It will be put thru the paces, and will probably eventually end up looking ragged like the real 1:1 does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalerLover View Post
Just out of curiousity, if someone "were" to ask you to build them a Clampy clone.... How much would you charge ? lol. Dont even know why im saying this because its been said 4 thousand times but this build is rediculous, your mind is twisted. And..... I cant wait to see what youve got in store thats gonna top clampy
LOL- it depends, what kind of price can you put on personal time alone.. ( never mind actual materials, to build the truck..) I don't even know exactly how much time i have in this build, but i started it at the beginning of August, and I worked on it almost every weekend or so, until now, and just got it done.. ( 6 months later..) I wouldn't even begin to quote a price... but thanks for the kind words man..! Glad you've enjoyed the build..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman2010 View Post
Like others have said, it is almost sad to see its done. Again, awesome unbelievable job
Thanks Man...

Like I've said a few times already.., The next "Mystery" project won't be anywhere near as detailed as Clampy is, BUT it is going to be built to be WHEELED.. and is already in the beginning stages of construction... Lets just say, If you've enjoyed following along on this build.., the next ones right up your alley too.... More to come soon- Stay Tuned..!!

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 01-12-2009 at 06:09 PM.
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #508
I wanna be Dave

Someone needs to get this in a magazine. This is such a work of ART!!

You sir have some insane skillz and major patience. Every build you do is always a step above. Where do you go from here?

Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #509
Rock Crawler

Be sure to send some pics in to PETERSONS 4WHEEL. I bet Fred would be honored that you built his truck in RC form and it would be cool to see in Readers Rides...
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #510
Rock Stacker

He already had one in there it was the TACO. That was cool.. So I got to see this thing up close last night and let me say wow wow wow. I can't believe this thing. And I also can't believe the other builds that he was talking about doing.. Awsome work chris. And the race is on.. hahahaha
03ssilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #511
Quarry Creeper

OMG man
your truck is so amazingly awesome!

I love all the little details.

I cant wait to see more pictures and video in the future.

take care

4x4Crawler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #512
0 0

wheeling pics yet?
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #513
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

you
______

the top
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #514
Rock Crawler

Well finaly got the nerve up to read this in it's entirity, and I have to say "HATS OFF TO YOU MAN". This is a rolling work of art! This thing deserves more credit than the "Riddler Award" that they give out at Sema. I would rather spend my time looking at this than some of the full size customs out there. Hope to see more from you in the near future.

I know that someone has probably asked this before, but could you start a picture thread of ALL of your completed rigs? I think that they could be verry inspirational and serve as a good reaserch tool to the rest of us. I know that it would help me in the future.

Thanks
Kevan
cruiserkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #515
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
wheeling pics yet?
Nope- NOT yet.. still got 2 feet of snow out on my rockpiles in the backyard.. Soon.. I promise..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
you
______

the top
Thanks man, You've set that bar pretty high yourself there..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkb View Post
Well finaly got the nerve up to read this in it's entirity, and I have to say "HATS OFF TO YOU MAN". This is a rolling work of art! This thing deserves more credit than the "Riddler Award" that they give out at Sema. I would rather spend my time looking at this than some of the full size customs out there. Hope to see more from you in the near future.

I know that someone has probably asked this before, but could you start a picture thread of ALL of your completed rigs? I think that they could be verry inspirational and serve as a good reaserch tool to the rest of us. I know that it would help me in the future.

Thanks
Kevan
Hey Kevan, Thanks man The next build i am doing is the "U.A. K-10".. It won't be any where near as complex as Clampy, but just as fun..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
Someone needs to get this in a magazine. This is such a work of ART!!

You sir have some insane skillz and major patience. Every build you do is always a step above. Where do you go from here?

Thanks Man Heres the NEXT one..! Petersen 4Wheel & Offroads "Ultimate K10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos View Post
Be sure to send some pics in to PETERSONS 4WHEEL. I bet Fred would be honored that you built his truck in RC form and it would be cool to see in Readers Rides...
Once its ALL said and done, I'll be sure to send Fred a few pics.. and I agree, I would be honored if he ran a few pics in the magazine..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Crawler4LIFE View Post
OMG man
your truck is so amazingly awesome!

I love all the little details.

I cant wait to see more pictures and video in the future.

take care

Thanks man, just waiting till the snow melts, and the pics will come..
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #516

That is awesome! I can't believe you finished it.
fred williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #517
RCC Addict

Man, RCC needs to create a top scale build section just for this
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #518
Pebble Pounder

Two words. KICK ASS.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #519
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred williams View Post
That is awesome! I can't believe you finished it.
Hey Thanks Fred- YOUR Truck was the Inspiration, and I hope I did ya proud man..!! Honestly it was a Blast to build, and will be equally as cool to wheel..!!! I'll send ya some pics out on the trails..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk379 View Post
Man, RCC needs to create a top scale build section just for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvenamrvin View Post
Two words. KICK ASS.
LOL- Thanks for the compliments guys..!!

Haven't done much with Clampy lately because theres still 4 feet of snow outside in my yard, but I did get a chance to take a few new pics. I got a set of CadToChrome Full floater hubs, and man, they look Kick-Ass..!!! I've also got a set of the NEW SS Rock Walkers on Order too..

And Heres Clampy with the latest project currently underway, Petersens "Ultimate K-10" Heres a link to that build if anyone is interested.. Petersen 4Wheel & Offroads "Ultimate K10"

I CAN'T WAIT to get this truck out on the trails..!!! All in Due time.. !! Thanks for Looking..!

Last edited by 51WillysJeep; 02-02-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #520
Quarry Creeper

I can't get over how crystal clear that windshield is!!!
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/130383-project-clampy-1-9-scale-yota-build.html
Posted By For Type Date
clampy ,, but only a 1/10 of the size - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum This thread Refback 02-17-2013 08:45 AM