Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: With all of the Power Wagon builds going on, I might as well get in on it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default With all of the Power Wagon builds going on, I might as well get in on it.

As stated, another (insert eye roll) 1946 Dodge Power Wagon build. But this might be different, hopefully.
Anyway, this project started on a deployment to Kuwait long ago (2012, ancient history for toy trucks). I had purchased a set of RC4WD Blackwell axles along with many other parts, purely on impulse of course, with the intent to build a bobbed M35 Deuce and a Half. Fast forward a few years, shuffling of parts through boxes, and another deployment later (to Poland this time) and maybe it's time to get this party started.
Between then and now, I had made a straight c-channel frame out of 3/4" square steel tube. Little more than making it move under it's own power happened since I wasn't convinced in my scratch building abilities.
A more suitable body had found for this build, and it was 3D printed by JK3DRC. The box was beaten up pretty bad by the Postal Service, which was an indication of what to expect from future mail (as in breaking boxes open in transit and sending them back to your house without a refund for shipping or damages.) Anyway, I had originally planned on putting this body on an SCX 10 based 6x6 but changed my mind mid-build like usual.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
tcanin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: With all of the Power Wagon builds going on, I might as well get in on it.

To follow up the wordy rant, here are some progress pictures. I learned a new skill from a friend, and that was how to braze. It's something I've wanted learn, but didn't want to buy the equipment just to find out I don't know what I'm doing. Might as well use government equipment to learn something new.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: With all of the Power Wagon builds going on, I might as well get in on it.

Good looking Powerwagon..
Can you get the spare tire out easily?
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
Good looking Powerwagon..
Can you get the spare tire out easily?
Thanks Zukiiholic! It's just stuffed in between the electronics box and the cage, so it comes out easily.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hot damn, those axles are burly...

I like the color choice on the cab - mean ol' monster pumpkin!

Your welding is adding another level of wickedness to that rig...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Durok! My impulses got the best of me when RCNOWD had them in stock. I have three more waiting for me to build a 6x6 around them, soon hopefully.
The orange is Polish spray paint. I have to say, it's the best spray paint I've ever used. It layed good without orange peel, and that is just one coat.
I'm glad I learned how to braze, it will come in handy for more bad idea based projects. New dogs old tricks, or something like that.

With all of the Power Wagon builds going on, I might as well get in on it. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From this , to that ! Power Wagon ! Frank211 1.9 Scale Rigs 20 05-19-2019 01:10 PM
Project B.A. Power Wagon (Bad A** Power Wagon) freetimecrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-30-2018 07:19 AM
1964 Dodge Power Wagon Town Wagon bodean 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 05-29-2015 11:02 AM
new power wagon Knuckles Axial SCX-10 5 04-27-2015 03:06 PM
Pimp builds a Mercedes G-Wagon G55 PIMPNROCKS 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 03-28-2015 09:10 AM