Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Which one?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Great build Pablo, and a great cause.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Hay Pablo, Is their anyway to get the tires inside the wheel well? Not to be downin your build,You know I dig your builds but it would be cool to see that thing lookin like a mildly lifted scaler..Later on Bud...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #48
~THE SCALE SHOP~

TSS may be able to donate a custom roof rack.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjeepbuilder View Post
Hay Pablo, Is their anyway to get the tires inside the wheel well? Not to be downin your build,You know I dig your builds but it would be cool to see that thing lookin like a mildly lifted scaler..Later on Bud...
no way. The body is too wide and the TLT's are the narrowest axle out at the moment (not counting the MRC). I want this rig to use as many standard parts as possible since the person that ends up with it may not have the skills to redo things. So, I dont want to try narrowing axles for this and instead of the 1.7 brat wheels I've figured out a way to make the brat/wagon wheels in 1.9. that way no tires need to be cut by new owner.

anyway, this isnt too bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
Great build Pablo, and a great cause.
thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
TSS may be able to donate a custom roof rack.
thanks. lets talk farther down the line though. I have to see how that can get integrated into the full exo. Appreciate it though.
having thought about it a bit, I think at the very least it would be great to have a donated roof rack that I could sell to fund other things on this project if I dont use the rack on it.

Last edited by pantablo; 11-14-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Hey kasper here i have been a diabetic for 41 years now i also did a baja5b raffle for the jdrf foundation last year we raised a touch over $3400.00 all the great distributers of hpibajaforums donated the parts i bought the baja and we did the build at the rcx show i am currently legaly blind and now do the rock crawling because eye sight is almost gone i personally thjank you for helping this cause 1 out of seven people in every crowd have diabetis and 3 out of 10 dont even know they have this disease i can talk numbers all day are you doing a raffle for this truck we took $10.00 donations every donation of $10.00 got your name in the hat to win the baja please fill me in some more on this or call me at 920-313-0027 or pm me your number.

The FVRCC is going to the childrens hospital later this winter and taking some crawlers and a few home made rocks and letting the kids play for the day if everything works like i hope we will be going back every month .
Thank you for reading this and thanks for the support to the diabetis foundation and with your support your mom will be fine thanks again..............................Chris Kasper

Last edited by kasper; 11-14-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Chris,
That means a great deal to me. thank you for sharing your life experiences. I'm glad you're enjoying life to its fullest, even with your physical challenges.
I would only hope we raise that kind of money. It would be fantastic.
Yes, we're going to do a raffle. I was thinking $20 a ticket but havent really given it any thought. if you can raise that much money at $10 a ticket I'd be inclined to lower ours too. I'd like to hear more details about your raffle. I'll call you sometime this weekend, maybe sunday.
Thanks again.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #52
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
Chris,
That means a great deal to me. thank you for sharing your life experiences. I'm glad you're enjoying life to its fullest, even with your physical challenges.
I would only hope we raise that kind of money. It would be fantastic.
Yes, we're going to do a raffle. I was thinking $20 a ticket but havent really given it any thought. if you can raise that much money at $10 a ticket I'd be inclined to lower ours too. I'd like to hear more details about your raffle. I'll call you sometime this weekend, maybe sunday.
Thanks again.
what ever the ticket price is I'm in for 2
Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

so as much as I can I intend to use a friend's no filler method of bodywork. Here's my start. Moved rear arches forward (previously) and tonight I added the filler to the hole and filled a bunch around the arch itself, as well as filled in the extraneous door reveal. I'll have to cut a new one in later in the right spot over the wheel arch. it came out pretty good and even with only rough filing, no sanding it looks pretty clean. I'll not need much if any filler.

btw-I wont post every time I add a piece of styrene, lol...

Old 11-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Looking good
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #55
I'm a stupid C U N T!

whats the no filler method?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:51 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
whats the no filler method?
I use the styrene as filler.
-I take thin strips of styrene and with a lighter I warm one spot up till just before melting (usually just as it starts to bend).
-At that point I grab both ends and pull it apart into a very thin strand of styrene. I use that to fill in thin lines and between pieces.
-Then I wet it with tenax or bondene until it starts to soften. You're basically melting the styrene in place creating a stronger bond.
-when its soft I use a spatula (or flat screwdriver) to push it into the gaps as much as I can. I will do this several times if necessary.

Goal is to have the filler styrene just proud of the main surface so you can file/sand it down. You can use this method to minimize how much filler you use or get really crazy with it like SebringMGB (who gave me the idea) and use it to fill every scratch and crack visible, lol.

Did a bit of work tonight and you can see I used this method to fill the door handle recess. Its a bit sloppy there but the holes needing filler are really tiny.

SebringMGb's 4runner body was done without a lick of filler...its all styrene. I'm not as good at it as he is but this method is proving to be pretty useful.

edit: clearer in this pic?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I have also used a simular method, I take all my shavings and create more if neccesary...mix with tanex and you have a nice paste to fill in and weld the styrene together as one piece.

Great job Pantablo
Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Pablo are you planning on moving that rear window pillar back to give more room for the door window.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
I have also used a simular method, I take all my shavings and create more if neccesary...mix with tanex and you have a nice paste to fill in and weld the styrene together as one piece.

Great job Pantablo
yes, its not quite the same but same idea.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser View Post
Pablo are you planning on moving that rear window pillar back to give more room for the door window.
oh yes. I have to cut the C pillar out to move it back and make it thinner as well as add thickness to the B pillar. I wanted to have the roof finished or on the way before I tackled that bit...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #60
I'm a stupid C U N T!

that's a good trick, I'll have to remember that when i finally finish my yota trailblazer
Closed Thread