Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project true scale - Aluminum Toyota body!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #541

OMG this is the craziest project i ever seen in my life...
i can say no more...

hope the project can continue soon..
philips.doang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #542
Rock Stacker

Speehless...

Jeff
jeffho830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #543
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Seriously man? This this is RI-DIC-U-LOUS!!!! VERY nice work brother.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #544
Rock Stacker

just spent 2 hours reading this whole thing and i'm left speachless.....the detail and effort put into this project is amazing. scaler of the decade award goes to you two thumbs way up
thundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #545

Default Crazy

I have an 87 4x4, this is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, I bow to you master, we're not worthy.
GnarKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #546
Rock Stacker

O M G!!!!!!

thats all I got to say
peter2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #547
RCC Addict

OK MM, I know your working on Joes Flatty, but dont you think its time we get an update over here?? HHHMMMM??

Anything even pics of current state, hell even smash it up and get us a pic, somethin!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #548
Pebble Pounder

wow this is so scale... cant believe i just spent the last 5 hours reading through all of this.
Unfadingpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #549

Wow, this is crazy. You've kept me up all night reading this build log. Yes, it's 3:20 am EST... I just finished reading. I'm am awe stricken. Totally amazed.

I only noticed about half way through the read that you are from Hanover. I'm from a small town near State College.

Very cool work, can't wait to see more.
chisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #550

this build is unbelievable! i have been reading this build and all the other plus video's. my eye's burn but i can't stop reading and like everyone has said... u are a master at what u do! i saw them talking about wipers and this might give u an idea since u are not aloud to buy any parts for this build.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Functional-Wi...it_p_1196.html
Chancellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #551

Amazing attention to detail mate.
I am in awe at the skills and time you have spent in replicating one of the most soughtafter bodies from toyota.

I hope you have not thrown in the towel. I would enjoy seeing this come full circle.

Thanks, Derek C (RRC)
rockrashcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #552
RCC Addict

You guys are too kind. thanks for keeping this bumped up. I'm sorry i can't give any progress but don't despair, it will get done. life take priorities and right now my interest is in some of the other trucks i have that i can get running quicker. also i might be moving the family into another house so that will take up a lot of my time in the near future if all goes well. Please be patient. it will get some much needed attention later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
OK MM, I know your working on Joes Flatty, but dont you think its time we get an update over here?? HHHMMMM??

Anything even pics of current state, hell even smash it up and get us a pic, somethin!
In due time but if you really need something to hold you over here it is looking sad and in pieces on the shelf.

Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #553
Quarry Creeper

Masher I have been patient this long. Good luck on the move.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #554
Pebble Pounder

Default bump

dont let this get sunk back too far it is the most amazing build ive seen to date and i have to keep it up close to the top for others to see
LUNAticCrawlingCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #555
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNAticCrawlingCrew View Post
dont let this get sunk back too far it is the most amazing build ive seen to date and i have to keep it up close to the top for others to see
I may be getting back onto this soon now that my other scaler is done. It will at best be a little here and a little there. I'm still really busy with other things. I'll try not to disappoint
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #556
Rock Stacker

I really like that body! excited to see it as time goes on. I understand how things take priority, remember its just toy trucks, lol.
new2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #557
Quarry Creeper

I just spent the better half of my day reading every word of this thread... I really can't believe it. Good on ya Metal Hope you get better and get back at it soon!
Numbcrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #558
Pebble Pounder

Oh my god. This is the kind of build that'll make someone throw in the towel before they even get into the hobby.

HUGE thumbs up!

Also, I'd like to comment on the rigidity of this structure from a mechanical design standpoint, perhaps to settle some of the nay-sayers. You've truly gone above and beyond to capture all the details of the full size counterpart. I mean, even your material thickness is 1:10. The key difference is that you're using aluminum whereas these were presumably originally made of steel. However, it is important to keep in mind that this piece is going to weigh much less than 1/10 of a full scale Hilux. I hope! Therefore, it should have much less energy in a crash than 1/10 of a full scale truck. I should think you'd be fine to use aluminum for its workability over steel, even though the aluminum has a much lower shear strength. As you stated earlier in your own defense, there is a lot of boxed sections and every bend adds strength to the structure. So although you're working with very thin, flexible material, due to the way it is manipulated, you're building in a lot of strength. It's the same way Toyota did it. If you took a 1:1 Hilux roof off without the inner supports, you could bend it like paper.

You're doing this thing 110% and I'm in for the finished product. I can't wait to see it get beaten on! I'm totally with you on the comment you made earlier about some of the plastic parts you cast that they'll break nicely when you get this truck up and running. I'm stoked for not only a scale truck but scale damage!! Way to go all out
Rob Cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #559
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2this View Post
I really like that body! excited to see it as time goes on. I understand how things take priority, remember its just toy trucks, lol.
Thanks. It may be even longer now that things seem to be moving faster on buying out next house then we predicted. stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbcrawling View Post
I just spent the better half of my day reading every word of this thread... I really can't believe it. Good on ya Metal Hope you get better and get back at it soon!
Ha Ha! i tend to do that to people with this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cote View Post
Oh my god. This is the kind of build that'll make someone throw in the towel before they even get into the hobby.

HUGE thumbs up!

Also, I'd like to comment on the rigidity of this structure from a mechanical design standpoint, perhaps to settle some of the nay-sayers. You've truly gone above and beyond to capture all the details of the full size counterpart. I mean, even your material thickness is 1:10. The key difference is that you're using aluminum whereas these were presumably originally made of steel. However, it is important to keep in mind that this piece is going to weigh much less than 1/10 of a full scale Hilux. I hope! Therefore, it should have much less energy in a crash than 1/10 of a full scale truck. I should think you'd be fine to use aluminum for its workability over steel, even though the aluminum has a much lower shear strength. As you stated earlier in your own defense, there is a lot of boxed sections and every bend adds strength to the structure. So although you're working with very thin, flexible material, due to the way it is manipulated, you're building in a lot of strength. It's the same way Toyota did it. If you took a 1:1 Hilux roof off without the inner supports, you could bend it like paper.

You're doing this thing 110% and I'm in for the finished product. I can't wait to see it get beaten on! I'm totally with you on the comment you made earlier about some of the plastic parts you cast that they'll break nicely when you get this truck up and running. I'm stoked for not only a scale truck but scale damage!! Way to go all out
I greatly appreciate all the comments and thanks for seeing this build as i do. I believe it's hard for those that can't see it in person and hold it in there hands to really get a grasp of how rigid the body really is and that's completely understandable. There will be plenty of video when done to help show this.

If you haven't seen my other build check it out. old comp truck turned scale truck (the rebuild!)

It gives a good example of how the material holds up to a heavy truck that's run hard, so compared to this one which is almost half the weight and won't be beat nearly as much i think it will hold up just fine. It also shows how accurate my breakable lenses are.

Thanks again and i hope i can finish it over the winter for next years comp season.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #560
Quarry Creeper

this build is beggin for one of the eritex drivetrains.... you makin just one or a few? would love to get one for a build i got planned... awesome craftsman ship... keep up the good work
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/147988-project-true-scale-aluminum-toyota-body.html
Posted By For Type Date
Кузова,все о них и для них - Страница 5 This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:25 PM
Wow, Amazing Scale RC Toyota - Tacoma World Forums This thread Refback 10-04-2011 06:14 PM